• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever had your Christmas day ruined?

Ever had your Christmas day ruined?

• Yes ;_;

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No :3

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I've never had my Christmas ruined to say, but this will be my first Christmas without my mom around as she'll be in New York working. So, it'll be a bit different this year without her with us, but like said, I'll make the best out of it with the rest of family and friends I have with me.

Plus, this year I'll be going to Colorado for Christmas so it shouldn't be all too bad and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Ayselipera

Christmas morning is always fine, but Christmas day eating with all the relatives is annoying to say the least. They have never been annoying enough to ruin my Christmas though.

Years
    Actuallly, we've had a Christmas Eve that sucked so bad that everyone was irritated/on edge Christmas day, does that count?

Yeah, my step-grandfather's family and my family don't get along. At all. His daughter-in-law doesn't know when to shut her mouth, and to top it off, she's ruined the child she adopted (who the last time I saw she said a few things that sounded exactly like her devil mommy). I mean, we're not even related! Why should we put up with that?

We had an even bigger fight later on, and now we don't visit anymore. I'm thrilled. We'll have a Christmas this year like we used to have when I was younger.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, I was supposed to get a PS3 and I got a Wii :[[ lol not that bad though xD

Bay

Years
    A couple years ago the neighborhood was out of power on Christmas Day. D: It wasn't that bad though as I was able to spend time with my family (despite the house being dark D: ) and my mom bought the family KFC for dinner. XD

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Yes. Last Christmas I fell sick on Christmas Eve and it lasted until the middle of the 26th. I had barely enough energy to go and open my presents.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Yes. My last Christmas. I was sick as hell, and couldn't enjoy the festivities one iota. Looking foreward to this one:D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    It wasn't ruined, but it could been a lot worse. I think it was 10 years ago, when my Mom fell asleep leaving the stove on. We woke up to apartment full of smoke. Who knows how much longer till a fire would have actually started. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Nah, my Christmas day was never ruined. My family have a tradition of opening gifts late Christmas Eve, so Christmas morning was always fun cause I got to get up and see all our garbage left lying around cause we were too tired to pick it up. And christmas day meant I got to play with my presents, etc. :3

My Christmas EVE on the other hand, as a kid, was a bit annoying. Back when I believed in Santa Claus, my parents told me to go to bed and they'd wake me up after Santa came so we could open presents. I would fall asleep, and then next thing I knew they'd wake me up, obviously. But you know when you get woken up too early, you feel like crap? Even as a kid, a kid overjoyed to be getting free things for no reason, would be pissed off about getting up too early. So I was sitting with my parents opening gifts, half asleep, wishing I was never woken up. XD But, it eventually passed and I'd start enjoying my night.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Mine is ruined every year, for several reasons:

1. I have never gotten the Buick Roadmaster/Buick LeSabre/Lincoln Town Car that I always ask for.
    2. We never spend Christmas at the Quality Suites Pineville like I've wanted to for the last eight years.
    3. TGI Friday's, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's, Cracker Barrel, etc. are not open on Christmas Day. So much for a good meal :/
    4. My parents never let me sleep in till 2:00 PM on Christmas Day, no matter how much complaining I do.
    5. It is never 85+ degrees (F) on Christmas Day.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I've never had a ruined Christmas. As long as I'm surrounded by my family, I'm always going to have a great Christmas. I'm from one of those families that can sit in a white room with no windows or doors and still have an interesting conversation. So even if I were to be without gifts or candy, it's all good :]. But the gifts are still nice XDDD.

I do remember one unhappy Christmas. Ever gone through a really selfish year or a year where you just want one thing for Christmas? I wanted a dog. Unfortunately, my living situation at the time didn't permit me to really have one, so my mother told me I wouldn't get it. I still hoped though, and on Christmas morning I was absolutely devastated. I cried and was upset, but the rest of the Christmas was great so I got over it quickly.

Back