• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ever Just....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I do that for Gold/Silver since I don't have Yellow. It never gets boring to me haha.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I started playing Red version just after school let out, about a month ago. I got mew from the glitch and just beat Misty.

It's really weird how simple the game is though, I don't have to worry about natures, breeding, or any of those other things, its just so plain and simple.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Pokemon R/B/Y where by far THE hardest pokemon games.
    Look at pigey in the starting area level FIVE pigeys WITH MOTHER F***ING GUST
    THEY OWN ME EVERYTIME
    usually I can romp every pokemon at the start with starter pokemon
    but not in R/B/Y

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    It's really weird how simple the game is though, I don't have to worry about natures, breeding, or any of those other things, its just so plain and simple.

That's the best part of it imo, and the main reason why I much prefer the first two generations of games to the later generations.

But to answer the OP, I like restarting the games from time to time whether its for a challenge or just for kicks. They're great games with high replay value.

I doubt i'll be restarting either Blue or Gold in the near future, what with me completing my Blue Pokedex and having racked up hundreds of hours on Gold.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I do. I love how simple, yet fun the game is. I don't have to worry about "natures" or "Ivs" or "movesets". I can just have fun playing my yellow version :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    When I first got my pokemon yellow I didn't know what to do to get past the guy who was blocking the road to the forest so all I did was grind. I had a level 27 pikachu before I figured it out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Yellow was actually the only Pokemon game that I played that made me want to be a "Pokemon Master".
    In every other game, I do a monotype run through with Water Pokemon :D

Back