• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever Sinnoh Trainer Like That? (PG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ever Sinnoh Trainer Like That?
    A Pokemon roleplay.

A Roleplay by: EeveeEvolutionChain.
    Rating: PG
    Sign-Ups: Closed.

Prologue

Ever watched a Pokemon battle? Ever watched two trainers, one skilled, one not, pursue battle against one another? Have you ever saw "the underdog" pull that battle out? If you have, then you know how the world of Pokemon works. Even when you're strong, even when you're "the best"... There is always that someone who is better. Cruel? I like to think so, rather unfortunately. Yes. Across the four regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, there are many, many trainers who could be classified as either category. The arrogant one, comforted by his/her team of strong and intimidating pokemon, and the shy and simple one, with his/her team of pokemon trained based off of their abilities and their inner strengths, rather than their "brawn" and "ferocity". Yes! Sometimes, the arrogant one will pull the battle out, and sometimes the shy one will pull it out. However, that really does NOT matter. Why? Because! Whether you're in Kanto, or whether you're fishing for power in Johto... Whether you're battling your heart out in Hoenn, or forming new tactics in the last region of Sinnoh... I have one last question. One that can be answered after a win, or before a defeat... Or, the other way around. That question?

Have you ever "Sinnoh" trainer like that?

The Plot

Enter trainer. Whether you come from the region that started it all in Kanto, or from the later discovered Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, you are needed. Eight trainers (myself included), have asked to become a part of an elite team on a far-away island. The team? Compiled of the most well-liked, revered trainers from all four regions, they have been asked to take over a series of new gyms being opened on the island. The island? Erientanto Island, located a comfy 150 miles from the "coast" of Sinnoh, and not too far from Kanto, has been recently discovered as a "hot bed" of talented trainers in search of new challenges. The gyms? Built in only the islands most popular towns, are all essentially new. The glory of those gyms? None of the gyms have specified types, so the trainers of Erientanto will have plenty of new challenges on their hands. Also, one the trainers arrive in their respective towns, they will soon discover that their living expenses are already covered. As well as having "living quarters", the trainers will also be provided with a butler or maid. Whether or not you choose to keep them is your choice.

Everything sounds perfect, right?
    Not even the least bit flawed?

Wrong. See, what the trainers don't know is that they are actually being recruited by "darker forces". Those forces? You guessed it, Team Rocket! Although the trainers from Hoenn and Sinnoh will not be familiar with Team Rocket, they should be made to be familiar with the concept of evil. Not to worry though, soon after facing their first trainers at their respective gyms, the trainers will be clued in. Again, whether you choose to stay and lead your gym is your choice, but it is HIGHLY recommended that you do NOT, as the trainers that chose not to WILL wind up facing you somewhere down the line, as you do work for "evil".

For those who choose to leave the helms of their respective gyms, the path is simple: Located in Fawnburrow City, is the new Team Rocket headquarters. Upon discovering the real truth behind their being hired, the "good" trainers will pursue battle against those at Team Rocket Headquarters, in pursuit of freeing Erientanto from their dark reign. All "good" trainers MUST! meet up at some point, and develop a strategy to take out TR. The only way to Fawnburrow is by traveling through series of towns (four, in total) that is infected with plenty of weaker Rocket grunts, as well as other trainers recruited to the dark side. How to handle this will be a group decision, discussed in the OOC when made. Also, whether you have a power-heavy team, or a team based strictly on tactics, EVERYONE will serve an important role on the team. Disagreements are sure to follow, as every trainer will no-doubt be extremely independent, and not want to follow the rules of those around them. Still, as all good goes, they must stick together. Some will be closer to one another than others, and some will be more distant. Whether or not you choose to pursue romance is between you and whom you pursue, and should be discussed via private messaging. Also, do inform the GM (me) of this, so as not to anger me. You've been warned.

And for those that choose the path of evil, your path may be even easier! Upon choosing to stay at your respective gyms, you will be contacted by either the head of TR, or a grunt. Again, this is up to you. If you want to blow up your own ego, fine, I don't care. I just want you to have fun! Once officially joining "the dark side", you will be asked to take a temporary leave from your gym, and follow and plot against your former fellow gym leaders. Murder is not okay, nor is the killing of one's pokemon. Try that here, and I'll have you out of my topic before you can even say mosquito. You have been warned, again. Your overall objective as a TR recruit is to make the lives of the "good ones" miserable. Sure you can be comical, and sure you can have fun... Just keep it within the dark side, and don't let me catch you "frolicking" with one of the good ones. Get it? Got it? Good.

The Gyms and Towns
    Erientanto Island.

Stonebridge City, The City of Strength. (taken, by Wolf in the Rain)

Foamleaf Town, The City of Deceit. (taken, by EeveeEvolutionChain.)

Tigertree City, The City of Intrigue. (taken, by Calder)

Crystalline City, The City of Riches. (taken, by Tachiba)

Rainbow Town, The City of Happiness. (taken, by fawny)

Blossomwood City, The City of Growth. (taken, by rockshock28)

Paisley Rock City, The City of Harmony. (taken, by Charizard_Man)

Pebblestone City, The City of Love. (taken, by collie)

The Road to Fawnburrow City
    The towns that take you there!

Rainylight City, The City of Harsh Weather. (No gym)

Bright River Town, The City of Water. (No gym)

Amethyst Ridge, The City of Beautiful Stones. (No gym)

Topaz Logtown, The City of Craft. (No gym)

Fawnburrow City, The City of Hatred. (No gym, just T.R. Headquarters)

The Requirements

Sign-up sheet.

Trainer Name (First and last, please) :

Age (between 15 and 18) :

Appearance (One good paragraph, at least) :

Region You Hail From (Two per region, no exceptions) :

Good, or Evil? :

History (must be 2-3 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) :

Personality:

Your Team of Pokemon:

Your Gym of Choice (first come, first serve!) :

Sample post (must be at least 2-4 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) :

Also! You are expected to give a full description of the town/city that you choose. That might seem to be a hassle to you, but I like to think of it as giving you more "freedom", and ability to enjoy your journey a little more. Creativity is key, and I personally think that everyone could use a little more! BUT! You don't have to, however if you don't, I will do it for you, and you will have to live with it. Sorry, it's not meant to be rude, but if you don't feel like designing your own town, then I don't feel like changing it when you disagree. If I am forced to make it, that is how it will stay. Once again, sorry.

EDIT: Reservations are now allowed.

EDIT: Below, is my SU sheet.

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see my topic was accepted! Below I have posted my SU for the topic, so as to guide/inform others as to what I expect, and to inform you all about my character.

Hope it helps!

Trainer Name:
    Kyler Monreau'.

Appearance:
    Kyler is about 6'1", and weighs 145 pounds. He had an athletic build to him, but is not overly muscular. Not a beefcake! He has black hair, highlighted with small streaks of red and blue. His skinned is toned a nice tan, and he had piercing green eyes. Also, he can usually be seen walking around in a pair of nicely-fitted, torn-at-the-knee jeans, and a white-collared shirt covered by a red vest and blue tie. None of his starting pokemon walk beside him, as he is close to all of them, and has no "favorites". Although if you did ask, he'd probably whisper, "Vaporeon...".

Region You Hail From: Hoenn.

Good, or Evil?: Good!

History: Kyler's journey began in the beautiful city of water, Sootopolis City. His father a former apprentice of Juan, the newest Gym Leader to take over, Kyler was born into a family well-pedigreed in pokemon training. For his starter pokemon, Kyler's father Morrison gave him an Eevee, as well as a Water Stone. At first Kyler protested the use of stones, as he grew to become quite close to his darling Eevee. However, one day while walking through the woods of between Lilycove and Fortree, Eevee fell victim to a horrible attack from a wild Absol. Faced with a tough decision, Kyler allowed for Eevee to touch the Water Stone, evolving it to a beautiful Vaporeon. Vaporeon won the battle with ease after the transformation, and Kyler quickly caught the Absol. The Absol would later be released, due to Kyler's inability to train it.

Kyler quickly became one of the most feared and loved trainers in all of Hoenn. He and Vaporeon stormed their way through the first four gyms, with the real challenges coming in the last two. In fact, he lost to Tate & Liza of Mossdeep City twice before finally winning the Mind Badge from the twin sisters. And while his challenge was greatly welcomed back home in Sootopolis City, Juan was certainly not an easier on him than previous competitors. Not only that, but emotions were running high for him once he did return, and although he had a rather unique team of pokemon, it took him a while to get past Juan. Three battles, to be exact. Down, but not defeated, Kyler's Flareon was able to close out Juan's Walrein in a shocking turn of events.

Once cleared to challenge The Hoenn League, Kyler was an instant threat. In his preliminary rounds, not a single one of his six-pokemon team fainted, or was defeated. However, things quickly changed. In just his second match of the real Hoenn League, Kyler was steps away from a shocking defeat to a "lesser" trainer. More like a pokemon away from defeat. With only his Vaporeon remaining, Kyler had to battle it out with a series of Electric types from his opponent. And like a true champion, he proved able to move past the challenge from the trainer, as well as through the next three rounds, and then to the final. Facing a much, much more talented trainer, he was forced to use his wits to bet the highly-favored female trainer.

And?

He beat her without even a sweat, with only his darling Flareon and Espeon fainting.

Personality: Most people consider Kyler to be "bubbly". He's rather friendly, and more times than not he is friendly to those he meets. He does have a temper, though, so it's not suggested that you try to push his buttons too much. Also, Kyler can be a bit of a... Nut. Crazy, out of control... Unorthodox. Still, if you are able to tolerate that kind of behavior, then you are most likely capable of dealing with him.

Your Team of Pokemon: Vaporeon, Glaceon, Flareon, Jolteon, Leafeon, and Espeon.

Your Gym of Choice: Foamleaf Gym.

Sample post:
    Will post in a later post!

Kanto: Charizard_Man
    Kanto:
    rockshock28

Johto:
    collie
    Johto: Tachiba

Hoenn:
    EeveeEvolutionChain.
    Hoenn: Wolf in the Rain

Sinnoh: fawny
    Sinnoh: Calder

Good: EeveeEvolutionChain., collie, Wolf in the Rain, Charizard_Man, rockshock28, fawny
    Evil:Tachiba, Calder.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alrighty! My profile! Hope it's good~ Don't worry, I won't let my perkiness interfere with my RPing! Oh diosa, I am hyper right now...

Trainer Name (First and last, please) : Richard (pronounced 'Ree-shard) Weste

Age (between 15 and 18) : 16

Appearance (One good paragraph, at least) : Richard is 5'9'' and weighs 120 lbs. He's very self-conscious about his height and used to wear platform boots to try to seem taller...but people made fun of him for it and he went back to canvas shoes. His hair is just long enough to be put up in a lazy bun and usually does whatever it pleases. He's dyed it a lot of different colors, so he has streaks of faded purple, pink, and even platinum blonde mixed in with his light brown hair. His bangs always, always get in his dark brown, almost black eyes. He has an almost tan body...except tans only last for a month on his skin. Still, spending so much time outdoors has led him to have a good sheen to his skin that could be golden in the right light...but the light is never in exactly the right spot. Casually, he wears tight jeans and long sleeve shirts or turtle-necks (always white or gray). His shoe of choice is oversized converse.

His mom is a fashion-designer, and she makes a lot of his fancier clothes. On occasion he gets beautifully printed T-shirts and his favorite jacket, a white one with a barely-there print of the Chinese character for 'we', came from his mother. He puts most of the gifts into storage, however.

One thing that is always, always on him is his circle necklace. It's nothing more than a simple band strung on a chain, but he'd be devastated if he lost it. Apart from that, one of his ears is pierced (the right) and he sporadically wears a dangling earing with a feather on it. He also wears bracelets of all sorts, seemingly changing them everyday. (They're also gifts from his mother, so he has more than he knows what to do with.)

He's got a skinny build, with a slightly childish face. Some people say he's 'cute'. Most people think he looks like an awkward, lanky teenager.

Region You Hail From (Two per region, no exceptions) : Jhoto

Good, or Evil? : Good (I wanna be evil, but I don't think Richard wants to be...)

History (must be 2-3 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) :
    Spoiler:

Personality: Quiet, but a sweetheart. He's really sensitive (in the almost crybaby way). Growing up surrounded by talkative adults, he became very quiet and slightly introverted. After leaving his mother's care and exploring the world, however, he learned to make friends by smiling and having small conversations. He's a bit prying, however, when he becomes curious about something. Some people believe he should keep his nose out of other people's business. He appears very docile as well, which irritates some people he meets. He's also a bit oblivious when it comes to human social interation; he just doesn't get it. Usually, he only contributes small bits when other people are talking or conversing. Sometimes, he'll throw in an awkward sentence or idea that makes everyone turn to him and stare. It's for this reason he usually doesn't voice his ideas. If you prod him enough, he'll spill the beans on what he's thinking though.

He doesn't have a dark quiet side, however, and I only feel it's necessary to say this because so many quiet characters do. He's very cheerful on the inside, just a little unsure around people. When he's around Arcanine and his other Pokemon he's much freer and laughs much more.

He's about average intelligence. Much more a feel-y guy than a smarts guy.

Being angry is really strange for him, and he reacts differently each time, because he is usually sad not angry when it comes to negative emotions. (One time he runs of when he's angry, another time he yells at his Pokemon, another time he has a typical teen hissy fit of doooom-complete with 'I wanna go home!') A lot of people think he is depressed or sad, because he's quiet, but he's pretty cheerful. He doesn't bring up his past too much, mostly because of all the awkwardness that goes with it.

Your Team of Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Your Gym of Choice (first come, first serve!) : Pebblestone Gym

Spoiler:

Pebblestone City

Pebblestone City, the City of Love, is surrounded by lush forests on the Northern side of the town. The rest of the area surrounding the city is rolling hills that are covered with hundreds of wildflowers in the summer. Running through the city is a river, the water coming from winter snow off the mountains surrounding part of the city.

The city itself is stunning. A large main street goes through the entire town, often crowded with vendors selling anything from gaudy pink and red hearts to simple silver rings. Anything concerning love and relationships can be found on the main street. Quaint houses litter the entire area, as well as a few old, large houses that have been made into apartments. While the city draws lots of tourists, the actual residency is rather small.

Many of the houses built in the area have remained with their original families for generations. The whole city seems to be colored in soft, light hues of pink and blue and orange (apart from the main street that is). Most houses are round and multi-storied. Outside of the main street, there can be small shops found selling homemade baked goods or homegrown produce. There are many herb shops as well. The main street may protray Pebbstone City as a plastic, materliastic town, but the people are very connected with each other and support each other in hard times.

The city is covered in all sorts of gardens, from simple flower ones to complex herb gardens that form different designs. All the walkways and cobblestone streets are decorated with the most common stone in the area: a simple gray rock in the shape of a heart. These rocks are said to have the property to heal wounds and also encourage love of all sorts.

The most beautiful times to be in the city are at sunset and night. In the center of town there is a shrine to the first heart-shaped crystal ever found in the area, and also the largest. While it is clear during the day, at sunset it glows a multitude of warm colors. The entire plaza and shrine are visited often by couples. During the night, streams of lights, laterns, and candles are lit, illuminating the city in a quaint way. Most main street vendors are replaced with chattering groups of tourists eating at the resturaunts lining that street.

Places to Visit:

Heart Shrine: The previously mentioned shrine to the crystal heart found near Pebblestone. While heart-shaped rocks are most common in the area, more common than round ones even, occasionally a heart-shaped crystal will turn up. The entire shrine is open and lavishly decorated with intricate paintings, carvings, and plenty of benches. Trees provide shade, and many local plants add to the decor.

Main Street: Tourist spot, it is littered with street vendors and resturaunts. The pinkest spot in all of Pebblestone, as well as the likliest place to get ripped off. While the main street is incredibly well-illuminated by the classic Pebblestone lighting, it's devoid of the usual trees that are seen throughout the rest of the city.

Ayumi's Apothecary: Full of herbs, the store also provides rememdies for any ailment. Various stones and crystals can be found here, and most locals use it when in need of homeopathetic or alternative medicine. The owner (Aya Ayumi) is the seventh generation of the Ayumi's to run the shop. It also acts as a bookshop and local hangout for the teens of Pebblestone.

Heart Research Center: Located far back from the city, near the mountains, scientists studying crystals and their properties gather here. Most research is done on the heart crystals and stones, trying to understand their complexity and if they possibly affect the region and its Pokemon.

Pebblestone Gym: People have trouble finding the gym because it looks like any other house in Pebbelstone. The only hint giving it away are the statue of Venus which has a small sign at the bottom saying 'Pebblestone Gym' and the small metal sign dangling from the overhang. Inside, the gym is furnished with benches and trees and many, many plants of all sorts. On the west wall is a heart crystal, cut into the wall as if a stained glass painted. As all heart crystals, it turns vibrant colors at sunset, illuminating the entire gym. There's no designated spot for battles, but instead has many open areas between the massive amount flora. The gym leader's house lies just outside the gym. There is a large yard attached to it, as well as a garden. The house itself is rather small and done in the subtle style of other Pebblestone houses.

Last edited:
    Years
  • collie: It is with great pleasure that I tell you that have been accepted. It was a very, very, VERY good post.

Pebblestone Gym is now taken, as well as one of the two spots from Johto.

Oh! And here is MY Sample Post! Hope the read is enjoyable.

"Things" had always been a challenge for Kyler. Whether it was actually starting out on his pokemon journey, or coming to terms with the fact that he was actually the champion of The Hoenn League. Yeah... Yes! Sure he had one of the most unique, diverse teams to ever grace The Hoenn League... But he couldn't help but feel ashamed. Why? Because... In a way, he had cheated. No one in Hoenn had even heard of Glaceon or Leafeon, and he had came barreling in with two new Pokemon, armed and ready to take on any trainer. It just didn't feel... Fair. Were the Hoenn trainers supposed to know how to fight against something they didn't even know about? Were his wins-seven championship wins in all-worth the terrible feeling that kept crawling into him? It made him feel... Sick. Being a celebrity didn't matter, not when he felt like everything that had gotten him to stardom had been... Covert lies.

So when the phone call came?

When this, "Mikohashi Sarib" offered him the opportunity to be a Gym Leader, in a brand new region, will all new people, and all new challenges... You KNOW! he had to take it. What better way to rebuild yourself, right? Your game plan? Pretty much. He knew he had to take it. He loved Sootopolis, and he loved being around his family and friends all the time, as well as being a HUGE celeb. But... He needed new things, a new life. Friends are nice, but they're not so nice when you don't feel worthy of them. And that was how he felt, didn't you know? He wasn't depressed; just hard on himself. A better life was at stake, and of course... Of course this boy, simple in his game plan, but strong in his heart... He had to take it! I'm repeating myself, but yeah. If people wanted a star, they would get one. And this time he would be a champion and be proud of his achievements, not ashamed.

At first, his father had been angry.

And his friends... Were devastated, to say the least.

"Look guys... I really, really need this. For myself. I may have accomplished a lot in your eyes... But not in my own. I need a little bit more success to feel happy. Winning the league those seven times... It was nice, I'll give you that. But I wasn't happy. None of the times, was I happy. I felt like I cheated my way to the top, with my use of Glaceon and Leafeon. Sure, people welcomed the idea! But I felt... Different. I felt like a superhuman, and that's something that I'm not. I am normal. A normal trainer. I don't want to be "superman". All I want... Is respect. Just respect. That, and the ability to look and myself and be proud of everything I've managed to achieve. Please... Support my dream. And don't... Don't hate me for moving."

Good boy.

Good, strong, speech. I'm sure they'll understand... Right?

No. Not at all. A few had, but most didn't. His father? Choked up a little when he decided to finally pack it all up, to take his life elsewhere... But he came around the most. He actually supported him. And that? Felt good. Very, very good. Because to be truthful, before it comes out the hard way, support mattered more than respect. Respect was nice, but support was comforting. Just the way he had given Vaporeon support, just as he had given all his Pokemon support... He wanted that, too. Sure, his pokemon supported him. But they kind of... Had to? Yeah. He did own them, and everything. But real support... Real, nice, genuine support was what he wanted. No he wouldn't get that right away. And no, it wouldn't be easy to get it... But real friends come around. Most of the time.

"Vaporeon! Glaceon! Out of the pool, it's time to go."

"Poreon!"

"Glace!"

"Yes guys... We're really leaving. And... I'm happy. I'm really, really, happy. Foamleaf Town sound interesting, and I've heard I'll be provided with everything I need. With everything you and the others need. It's... It's not going to be bad. I promise. I promise like a porygon would if it could... I promise! You won't hate it. And... If you do..."

"Vap!

"Eon!"

"We'll just have to stick it out, you two. Or else... I'll force you into timeouts!"

More pokemon bickering, and a little bit of laughter, and Kyler was finally ready. Yes, ready. Departing out the front door, giving his father a kind and "manly" hug, he departed. No longer Kyler of Sootopolis City, but Kyler of Foamleaf Town. Has a nice ring to it, right? Kyler thought so. Actually, on a bit of more irrelevance, he thought a lot of things. How would he adapt to the town? Would the people accept him? Was everyone nice? Would the trainers really be as tough as they were rumored to be? Would Vaporeon like it there? Would Glaceon like it there? Would Jolteon like it there? WOULD ANYONE LIKE IT THERE?!

Meh. He certainly hoped so...

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Trainer Name (First and last, please) : Chris Eaton

Age (between 15 and 18) : 17

Appearance (One good paragraph, at least) :
    Reaching a height of 6'0'', Chris is a rather intimidating figure. Although you can't tell by looking at his clothes, Chris's belief of training with his Pokémon leads him to be fairly fit and muscular, making him be a in shape athlete. His brown/black, medium-short hair is always spiked up in numerous random directions (but only in the front), always making it look like he just got out of bed. A random "cowlick" is also present on the back right side of his skull. No matter what he does, it won't comb down. However, most of the time, the first thing people notice is not his hair, but his sparkling, royal blue eyes.

Along with a pair of a cargo pants plus a "parachute style" red belt, Chris also wears a white long sleeve shirt under his favorite red one. Although plain on the front, his "lucky" red shirt has a black and white "Lugia wing" design on the back. Chris also sports a black headband around his neck. Even though he rarely puts it around his head, he hardly takes it off.

Region You Hail From (Two per region, no exceptions) : Hoenn: SootopolisCity

Good, or Evil? : Good

History (must be 2-3 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) : Originally born and raised in his hometown of Sootopolis, Chris's father was a respected lawyer and his mother was a school teacher. With hopes he would follow in his father's footsteps, Chris was sent daily by boat to Ever Grande City to study in a private school in order to become a scholar. One day, along with a few friends, Chris skipped school, instead going to an Elite Four match, with a challenger against the reigning champion, Steven. The first person experience of the battle was unlike anything he had ever seen. With constant back and forth action, strategies, and surprises, Chris witnessed an aspect that could not be seen on the television. Eventually, after 12 exhilarating rounds, Steven came out on top, his Metagross barely defeating his opponent's Blastoise. Ever since that day, Chris developed a love for battling.

Perhaps also changed by the match, some of his friends left at the appropriate age of ten, all aspiring to become Pokémon trainers. Chris also desperately wanted to depart to Littleroot Town to receive a Pokémon from the region's infamous Professor Birch. Chris's parents weren't fond of the idea of him giving up the expensive school, and forbid him to travel to the town. Frustrated and destroyed by their incompetence the next night, at the age of 12, Chris ran away from his house in Sootopolis. Being a Port-City, it wasn't too hard for him to buy a ticket to Vermillion, and from there, Pallet Town.

After receiving a Pokémon from Prof. Elm through Prof. Oak, Chris traveled around the Kanto region, doing his best to follow the path he chose, during which catching many Pokémon and collecting 8 badges of Kanto. Each gym presented a unique challenge that he loved to go against, admiring the skill of each and every leader. A year later, when his trek in Kanto finally ended at the Indigo Plateau, Chris managed to pass the qualifying round for the Kanto Pokémon League Tournament. Although he battled hard, he ended up in 16th, hopelessly outmatched soon would be champion.

Disappointed, but not disheartened, Chris traveled from the Kanto region to Johto, Chris decided to enter the Johto league leaving all of his Pokémon except for his Totodile, due to Elm's advice. He then traveled through the Johto region, and, like Kanto, through trial and error, was able to collect all the badges of the region. Later, Chris was able to enter the Johto League Championship with his new team and, this time, a lot more experianced. Chris overcame many tough battles thoughout the tournement, and finished in 4th Place.

It was then, at the age of a little past 15, Chris received an offer almost as soon as he exited the field. "Take the Battle Frontier Challenge" a man in a tropical shirt commanded. Although first, he had no idea about the league, after chatting with Prof. Elm (who had grown quite fond of Chris), Chris was convinced to take the challenge. With an experienced team from both leagues, he flew through the Kanto challenge, earning 3 in a little under a year.

It was only then, after receiving the call from Prof. Elm, he obtained the letter which made his heart fly and world turn for the better. He was going to be a gym leader. Hastily, he abandoned the challenge, sprinting off to his new gym.

Personality:
    Determination is one of Chris' best qualities. Even when things seem as if they've hit rock bottom, he tries as hard as he can to make it better. Although, in some situations, his determination makes him seem rash or impulsive, often causing him to make decisions prematurely. Having gone to a private school before he took up training, Chris is fairly smart and has the ability to develop a sound plan, but again, his nature gets in the way. However, if the situation is important, he will take his time to devise a clever plan. But, no matter how smart he is, Chris' common sense is nowhere near it.

When the time calls for it, Chris' bravery is second to none. Quite often, he will put himself in the way of danger for anyone he holds dear, namely, his Pokémon. Countless times during battle, he has resisted the urge to run out there and protect them, or try at least. Chris prefers the company of Pokémon to humans, seeing them as more understanding, but this doesn't make him anti-social. Even so, in some conversations, he frequently makes light jokes, but sometimes will accidentally say something awkward.

Chris can also be very competitive, especially when it comes to sports and challenges, often going into dangerous or somewhat foolhardy situations. Even against a close friend, Chris will give it his all so he can win. When someone beats him, he'll try to play it off, but in his mind, he will furiously go over for hours what could've gone wrong.

Spinirak, Paras, Parasect, and Ariados- All Spider-like creatures that often live in forests or jungles- but for Chris are some of his greatest fears. Possibly one of the only Pokémon he truly fears, on the off chance Chris encounters one, he tries to stay as far away as possible. When asked why he is frightened by the Pokémon, Chris will not answer, but rather mumble something under his breath.

In the 5 years he has been away, Chris has never contacted his parents, allowing his Pokemon to fill the void left by them. He truly despises them for keeping him away from the life of a trainer. However, now that he is to be a gym leader, he is somewhat worried that they will find him.

Your Team of Pokémon: (Felt like doing history and Personality for them, so the list is kinda long -.-')

Pokémon:

Spoiler:

-----

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Your Gym of Choice (first come, first serve!) : Stonebridge

Who would've thought? Chris, a gym leader, at the age of 17?! He was now someone looked up to throughout the region, someone everyone aspired to be, and an elite few above all others. Through all his travels, all his adventures, he would never thought to be here, and right now, he couldn't have been happier. He stared at the roof of the cab, leisurely and mechanically petting Sakura, the Pikachu sitting in his lap, thinking about the road ahead. Meanwhile, his Totodile, Rayne, bounced around the back of the cab. In Chris' opinion, the Pokémon was still too young to be in a ball, but not old enough to battle. Still, he had given up trying making the Pokémon calm down during the ride.

"Aye!' The cab driver bellowed, jerking Chris out of his daydream and almost causing Sakura to fall off his lap. The man was a miserable fellow, answering every question with rarely more than a sentence, and ones filled with spite. He was just another constant rain on Chris' parade. At first, Chris thought the man was just going to make another malicious comment about Rayne, however, at that moment, he said the best two words of the day. "We're here."

Eagerly, Chris jumped to the window, almost knocking Sakura off of his lap, and just at the right moment too. The cab was just entering the city's major attraction, the Bridge of Fate. Chris and Sakura were immediately drawn in to the beauty if this natural structure, however, as he observed the structure, one issue pounded his mind.

"Where are all the other cars?" He asked the cab driver

"Gym leader's arrival. Road's been cleared." The man responded in a monotone voice. Sensing he wasn't going to get much more out of the driver, Chris continued to observe the astounding feat. Within a few moments, the town became visible on the horizon and the driver came to an abrupt stop, sending both Chris and Sakura flying forwards.

"What the hell?!" Chris shouted, grinding his teeth. The cab driver leisurely turned his head to look at the trainer, as if Chris never spoke.

"Get out and walk into town. It's symbolic or image or something." The man croaked, nodding towards the door. Chris was more than happy to comply, hastily getting out of the cab and snatching both Rayne and his bags out of the back. The cab drove off even faster, soon disappearing in the distance. The cool ocean breeze shot over the bridge as he surveyed the road ahead.

Without another word, he began the hike. Chris triumphantly walked down the bridge of his new city like a sovereign to his sovereignty. Rayne, perched precariously on his right shoulder, and on his left, Sakura, balancing between his backpack and his head. He wouldn't stop, he wouldn't fall, and he wouldn't look anywhere else but straight ahead until he reached the gym.

Stonebridge
    Sitting on the coast of the island around a small bay, Stonebridge, while a fairly new town, is expanding at a rapid pace. Built near the remains of an ancient civilization, the city was originally an archeological dig site. Following its discovery, archeologists from all over the earth traveled to the uncharted region to explore the site. Why, you ask? One thing: "The Bridge of Fate" (As the natives call it) or more recently known as "The Great Stone Bridge". Although a rather unimpressive name, the structure is just the opposite. The bridge is just over 3/4 mile long, rivaling most modern ones on the island and stretching from one side of the bay to another. The bridge is built with an "arch" design, progressively rising as it gets to the middle, even allowing some of the biggest modern day ships through. Not only is it absolutely amazing, it is an architectural wonder how the natives were able to build it. However, perhaps the strangest aspect of the bridge are the stones used to construct it. While the bridge is made of granite, the stone is rarely seen in the area or even on the island for that matter. For the bridge to be completed, thousands of tons of stone must have been imported from elsewhere. That, or all of the granite present on the island were used to build it. Scientists are divided over the question. Although over 1000 years old, the bridge is big enough for a two lane road, and is deemed more than safe enough to drive on, although traffic is limited.

The city itself came to be from its excellent seaside location and the possibility oftourism. Slowly but surely, companies began to move into the small town. Soon, the small port started to rapidly grow. Currently, the port is moving into rapid expansion, with the building of its first skyscraper beginning in a few months.

Points of interest:
    Research Lab: Located on the outskirts of the town, this lab is the leader of architectural finds in the region.

Ruins:. A mile or so inland from the port there are the ruins of the ancient society. Complete with an Observatory, "Temple of the Sun", and the "Temple of the Sky" (Which researchers believe depict Rayquaza), the site is constantly being investigated.

Ancient Stadium: An arena located in the middle of the ruins. Bears a strange resemblance to a modern day battling stadium, complete with stands, trainer platforms, and even a scoreboard using stones and light to keep count.

Port/Docks: With markets and restaurants appearing fast, this is soon becoming a major hangout. A cool ocean breeze is always present.

Bridge of Fate/ Great Stone Bridge: Called by either name, this bridge runs across the bay. Truly an architectural wonder, it is Stonebridge's chief scene.

Stonebridge Gym: Complete with its own arena, training grounds, and living quarters, this state of the art gym sits on top of a hill outside of the town, overlooking both the Stonebridge and the ruins. On the outside, the building itself is modeled after one of the ancient temples the natives built. However, this has led many tourists to think it is a museum.

If you want to add anything or whatever to my town, be my guest. :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wolf in the Rain: Wow... Accepted!

You and collie both have offered extremely phenomenal post.

Stonebridge Gym is now taken, and the last spot of Hoenn is now taken.

Also, I think that it is really interesting that the both of our characters are from Sootopolis City. Very interesting. And, kind of cool. Regardless, I'm so glad to have you both along for the ride. ( :

Years
  • Just wanted to let you know, EeveeEvolution, that I'll be getting the description for Pebblestone City up sometime today (soon, hopefully). Also, I'm going to be redoing my Pokemon team and adding descriptions like Wolf in the Rain did.

If it's okay with Wolf in the Rain that I copy his layout of the Pokemon profile? Just the layout of course.

Years
  • I would like to reserve a spot for the town of harmony if it is available. My trainer will be from kanto

EdIt: sorry for changing it butt i like the concept of harmony better. :p

Last edited:
    Years
  • LightEspeon: It's just for the roleplay. This has nothing to do with your age in real life.

Charizard_Man: Town of Harmony, one Kanto spot reserved.

And! That is fine, collie. I may do so as well. Maybe.

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • @Collie: Yeah! You can copy the layout, no worries. Also, I just checking, and two of my Char's Pokemons didn't copy over -.-'. Is it Ok I add them back?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do what you have to, I don't mind. (: I'm just happy to have people signing up. So, do as you need. I have a couple of things I still need to edit in, and I'm probably going to edit it into this post. So... Yeah. No worries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    Hey, this sounds fun. Can I join?

Trainer Name : Asaji Maurice

Appearance (One good paragraph, at least) : He's a black teenager about 6'0 and is 175. He's very athletic and decently musclular. He has poofy permed hair that goes to the neck when untied. He usually wears blue jeans with light brown boots and a white collared shirt under a red sweater. He has brown eyes, almost hazel like. He has a slight baby face.

Region You Hail From (Two per region, no exceptions) : Johto, Goldenrod

Good, or Evil? : Good, but really I kinda want him to keep being a gym leader, though :( So, I'll make him Evil.

History : Asaji was born and raised in Johto, but travelled to Hoenn for 2 whole years. He fared well, but he decided to go back home. Upon returning, he was challenged by top trainers. He finished them easily. He felt like taking on the Johto League again, as the first time he did it, he got eliminated in the first round.

He slowly rose back to popularity in the Johto Top 10, and he got a fan base that cheered him on for his Badge Hunt. He began to lose steam in the 7th Badge, as his Fire Pokemon were usually defeated by Seel and Dewgong by the time he got to Pilowine. It took him 3 more tries, but he finally got it.

His last badge took him 5 tries, as the Dragon type have always been a problem with him. After his 4th try, he caught a Gyrados. He trained himself with it, then defeated Clair.

He then went to the Johto League, faring well as expected, but hit a pothole on the road when he squared off against a Trainer that was his greatest weakness-Dragon-Type. He finished in 3rd place, however.

Due to his feats, he has gotten cocky and confident in his abilities. He barely travels anywhere outside of Goldenrod anymore besides for the few times he wants to capture a new Johto Pokemon. He resides with his family again, waiting for the next new challenger.

Personality: Asaji is probably one of the cockiest Pokemon Trainers you'll ever meet. He loves the fame he's gotten, and uses all ways possible to abuse it.
    Asaji only shows some form of respect to those that hold higher power than him, like the Elite Four, Gym Leaders, etc. However, he is also very giving, and is often very willing to help a young Trainer in need.

Asaji is far from brave, as he has probably as much bravery as the next guy. He is not willing to do anything that'll put his life at risk. He also is someone who can never be serious. He jokes all the time, and hates silence.

Your Team of Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon In Reserve & Can Be Called Upon
    Spoiler:

Your Gym of Choice (first come, first serve!) : Crystalline City, The City of Riches.

I'll post it tommorrow. It took me forever to make this post, and I'm tired.

Years
  • Tachiba: You've been accepted. Just make sure that you do get your sample post up. And, please try to get more length to what you write. What you have is great, it just needs to be a little longer.

Last edited:

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
    Years
  • Crap. Reserve Kanto and Paisley Rock for me please, Chrome crashed before I posted it. I'll rewrite it tomorrow.

Years
  • Alright, I will definitely do that.

EDIT: rockshock28, I'm sorry, but I just noted that Paisley Rock is already taken. The only unclaimed city left is Blossomwood City, if you still want to join...

Charizard_Man previously changed his mind from Blossomwood to Paisley Rock before you posted. I just now noticed, and I'm sorry if it causes any inconvenience.

Last edited:
    Years
  • •Trainer Name (First and last, please) : Taichi "Tai" Sugimori

•Age (between 15 and 18) : 17

•Appearance (One good paragraph, at least) : Tai has radiant, golden hair atop his head that falls down to just above his eyes and down just past his ears. His hair is very wild, and flares up at the sides a bit and at the top of his head. His eyes are bright, a solemn band of deep crimson encircle each pupil. His eyse give off a sense of wisdom, of experience, of pain. His peachy skin and features give off the picture of health, standing at 6"1' and weighing in at 145 lbs. Tai has a well-established body, from his broad shoulders to his well-built lower body. He is someone who does a lot of walking, running, and plays a lot of sports, because of this he has a well-conditioned body. His appearance is normal for a seventeen year old, muscles are apparent but aren't bulging out at this point.

Clothes-wise, Tai opts for a flashy and trendy style. He wears a new gray and red plaid shirt, buttoned up to just where his white V-neck shirt's collar ends with the other end of the shirt sealed until the middle of his zipper line, the two shirt tails reaching down a couple of more inches down his legs. He wears a pair of new white skinny jeans that he sags along with a white belt covered with red studs, the NES controller belt buckle showing. To finish off his outfit he wears a pair of grey Vlado shoes with white bottoms and red shoelaces, the tongue of the shoes showing. Around his wrist are a pair of black wristbands with a single red stripe circling them and white fingerless trainer gloves.

•Region You Hail From (Two per region, no exceptions) : Kanto, PalletTown

•Good, or Evil? : Good

•History (must be 2-3 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) : Tai was always known as the fiery, sarcastic little boy that lived life as if it were a game. He was born in the nice and calm town of Pallet. He was raised by his loving mother and father. His family moved to his father's home of America when he was 3 to allow his American father to work at his Gym but still be able to see his family. But finally, when Tai was 6 his father became gravely ill, there was nothing they could do. He was horribly sick until the end of his days. To this day Tai believes it was his fault that his father died and promised himself to be strong. He hasn't cried since his father died, because he promised his father to be strong and take care of his mother. His mother was a top co-ordinator and used some of her winnings to fly back to Japan with her son and occasionally still uses her winnings even today. He feels horrible that his mother had to spend that money to take care of him. He usually spent most of his days at the PokemonAcademy, where he studied hard so that he can someday support his mother. Ever since he can remember at the PokemonAcademy, Tai's passion was Pokemon Battling.

When Tai was thirteen, his eight year at the PalletTownAcademy, he passed his P.T.[Pokemon Trainer] test with the third highest score in the school. He, along with the other top two students were all granted permission to enter the Kanto League Challenge. He traveled with the other two trainers all through Kanto after Prof. Oak had given them each their own pokemon. Through the course of a year, Tai had collected all eight badges and entered the league. He, along with the other two trainers, made it to the finals and ended up battling each other. Tai and the other two trainers, his best friends now, were the top three trainers in Kanto but the league finals ended in a tragedy. The final battle to determine the Kanto Champion ended in some sort of explosion that caused the death of Tai's challenger, his love. So he won the battle, and became champion. But mysteriously no one remembers the explosion except for those who were close to the three trainers.

Only a month later, Tai decided to travel over to the neighbor region of Johto to clear his mind. He let Lance hold up the fort and battle challengers. Tai seeked peace, but giving his luck, his entire team of pokemon were stolen in a battle he had against a stranger. Prof. Elm, very skeptical if he should trust this stranger or not, decided to talk to Prof. Oak about him. After a brief conversation, Prof. Elm decided it was best to hand over one of the pokemon he was studying to Tai. Over the course of 6 months or so, Tai ended up in the Johto League top three, and lost the first match earning him the title of 3rd place. He also rid Johto of a strange cult-like group and regained his Kanto team. Half a year later, now 15 years old Tai was invited to a Tournament of some sort in a distant land. The Battle Frontier Challenge it was called, but according to a chubby man he had to earn his spot by earning 8 badges in the Hoenn Region. This provided a challenge for Tai, this were brand new pokemon and styles of battling. But he managed to earn 8 badges and entered the Hoenn League ending in the Top 8.

The Battle Frontier was more fun than any of Tai's other tournaments, and finally ended the challenge a couple of months later. Almost a month later he visited Prof. Oak, who was very good friends with Tai now, and happened to walk in while he was in a conversation with one of his good friends. Prof. Oak introduced him as Prof. Rowan and informed Tai that an evil band of criminals was growing in Sinnoh, that was all Tai had to hear to head out. Sinnoh had facinating pokemon that were a joy to meet, little under a year later he ended in the Sinnoh League 6th place. Prof. Rowan was very happy that Tai had helped disband the criminals and now headed back to Kanto.

A year passed, and Tai is now 17. Prof. Oak is happy that he has been able to see thisyoung man grow up to be a fine trainer and was overflowing with joy when he received a notice for Tai. He handed Tai a letter that gave Tai a sense of bliss again, just like he had in his first journey through Kanto. He grabbed his original and most experienced pokemon team and headed out to become a gymleader.

•Personality: Tai Sugimori is a somewhat unstable, mature young man that seems to be full of experience. Having experience many traumatic events in his journeys, he is not totally stable. Having his best friend, and love being killed in front of him and other events happen to him he was given pills that make him socially "acceptable".

Tai lacks patience, and prefers constant action to new and exciting situations. He may even look for trouble for the sake of entertainment. He is by no means easily intimidated, and has a very nonchalant attitude towards everything. Of course, when someone he cares about is harmed, he does get very angry at the one who did it to them and will fight to the death to prevent it from happening again.

As you might assume from the above statement, Tai also has a strong sense of justice. However, he firmly believes that right and wrong are just concepts, and that it's what you do and what you believe in that matters in the end. He personally thinks that the lives of others take priority over his own, though he's by no means incredibly selfless. However, he will gladly risk his life so that someone else can keep theirs without so much as a second's hesitation.

•Your Team of Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

•Your Gym of Choice (first come, first serve!) :PaisleyRockCity, The City of Harmony

Last edited:
    Years
  • •Sample post (must be at least 2-4 paragraphs, with 3-5 sentences a piece!) :
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Paisley Rock City, The City of Harmony

Just past the docks of the port, Paisley Rock City, is one of the more beautiful cities on the island. It would seem that the island is expanding in population lately, although this has caused the water pokemon population to drop. The local town is nothing more than a humble village town, dotted with a few homes and other structures. Sitting in the center of rolling hills and large stone cliffs, Paisley Rock is a town that thrives on peace and tranquility. Due to the increase in population, more homes and stores are being built. Ships and trucks come in ocassionaly to drop off cargo and merchandise from foreign lands.

Paisley Rock's founders, an elderly couple, were full of purity and charity. Just after they built the first building, people began to help out the old couple and soon discovered it was surrounded by beautiful meadows. The most famous area, Paisley Meadow. Why is it famous you ask? While the group of founders were exploring their land, they discovered a beautiful meadow full of flowers and rivers. At the end of the meadow, over a cliff stands seven large rock pillars. They seemed to be there for centuries, and made out of pure white stone. They each had a symbol for each of the Seven virtues: Purity, Self-Control, Charity, Effort, Peace, Kindness, and Modesty. Seven white stone pillars are placed in a circle, at the center of the circle lies a single circle stone tablet with the symbol for Fate.

These stone pillars seem to symbolize the city's role as the defender of good, the repeller of evil, and the keeper of the peace. This city holds many trainers willing to battle to keep it alive, it is as beautiful as it is skilled as battling. FLoat like a butterfree, Sting like a Beedril.

Points of Interest:

Paisley Meadow: A beautiful meadow, stretching as far as the eye can see. Many children and adults come to just relax or for recreation, tourists and some religious folk also come to see the Seven Virtue Pillars.

•Lakeside Research Institute: A beautiful lake that sits just west of the port, the lake's water being fed by a large waterfall. Just next to the lake is the Lakeside Research Institute, also known as the Paisley Laboratory. The research institute uses its modern technoligies to research all of the pokemon, both native and foreign, as well as the weather around the island.

•Hotel Gorgeous: A huge structure that sits just north of the local town, wide in dimensions as it is tall. Many large windows on its walls and flags mounted on the wall, this is where all of the visitors stay. Owned by Lady Paisley as everyone knows her, a rich elderly woman who likes to go and explore the underground cave.

Underground Cave: Just next to the port is the Underground Cave. The entrance being a large gaping hole in the ground leading down underneath the ground with a case of stairs. Thrillseekers enter it full of curiosity, many never leave. The cave itself is a winding maze that loops back onto itself. Some who actually made it out babble about a Stadium.

•Port Fortune: The docks that connect the ocean and the town, dubbed Port Fortuen by the locals due to its expensive taste in scenery and cusine. A seaside, outdoors restaurant sits on the docks along with many other candy stores and what not.

•Paisley Rock Gym: A high-tech, state of the art facility that sits on a hill just at the end of the city. If one were to just enter the town, they could immediately see the gym sitting atop the hill. The state of the art gym features Romach architecture, stately pillars, and an old mural depicting the proud tradition of this most prestigious and pure city. A single sign hung on the center of the gym, a pokeball and the gym badge placed over it.

If you want to change my city, go ahead because I don't think I did too good of ajob on it. (:

fawny

RPerrr~
    Years
  • Finally! An RP that looks really interesting. :] I'll write up an intro tomorrow morning.

I'd like to reserve Rainbow Town and a spot from Sinnoh, please~

Thanks! (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back