• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever used your masterball on a non-legendary?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I got fustrated with this bagon in my emerald version so i threw the master ball. >>

and then i went to go catch rayquaza and i had frogot that i already used my masterball so i was like f#@&!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Same story. That and I ran out of Ultra Balls. But hey. I don't care about legendaries any more, and Salamence was going to be the last member I added to the team, so why not? Her name is Dinner, by the way.

As for any other times, I can't really think of any.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Um...the closest I came to this was using it on Palkia when I fist played through Pearl. I know it's a legendary, but it's supposed to be really easy to catch without it...

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
    I wasted mine on an Abra, I think, a long time ago, before I knew how important Masterballs were. Hehe. I didn't even KEEP the Abra, either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    Nope, i have only used master balls on legendarys. Even when you are battling a farfetched and cant weaken it because your pokemon are too strong. and then you start chucking a bunch of ultra balls.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    Oh man the first time I played red I ran out of pokeballs and had to use the masterball on a metapod.... yea a metapod. I was so upset when I got to mewtwo and couldn't catch him, but I didn't know I only got one.

Years
    Definately.

Back in the days of Missingno and the cloning glitch, I caught most everything with a masterball. There was no reason NOT to. You couldn't tell what kind of ball you caught it with; that didn't come around until later.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    I wanted to see if it really could catch any Pokemon, so i used it on a Lv. 3 Rattata in Red. Also, my brother used his first one on a Clampearl in Emerald. :/

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    No, but I almost used it a long time ago when I was only left with normal pokeballs when I was trying to catch a high non level legendary.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    well... something like that.

When I got my masterball, I gave it to a pokemon to hold and boxed it so I wouldn't be tempted to use it, and then i went to the Mew event, and guess what pokemon I traded? I was so sad ):

.ιиsσмиιαc.

how do i pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    When I first started playing Pokemon I used my Masterball only on the main legendary, but these days I usually get bored as hell and just throw it at a random Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Beldum in Platinum. Well, technically, multiples of them. I soft resetted to get a Beldum with a preferred nature and I threw a Master Ball at each of them because I didn't want to bother with the low capture rate and Take Down potentially killing itself.

But I had transferred multiple Master Balls accumulated in other games, so I still have some left :P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    In silver Version, I used my Master Ball on a Skarmory, because it looked cool and I thought it was shiny, but it was just oddly colored in that game. =/

Back