• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever wonder what goes on inside of pokeballs?

What goes on inside pokeballs?

• Total voters

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    If anything, it has to do something with the pokemon being able to rest well. Nothing else crazy outside of those lines.
    Possibly. For example, in the anime, Ash's pokemon return to their Pokeball after a hard match resulting in injuries. Later (Without going to a Pokemon Center), he calls forth that pokemon again and that one Pokemon appears to be in fine condition. I have noticed that by watching the anime. Sadly, that doesn't apply in the games. :'(

— Thus, I believe all they do in there is rest/heal.

Last edited:

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I think they fart in the pokeball so no one can smell the farts outside...

Best answer yet. I never hear them fart outside the pokeballs, so unless every pokemon we meet has bowel problems and can't fart...there needs to be a reason :O

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I've always imagined that a Pokeball to to a shell as a Pokemon is to a snail.
    Also, are Pokemon safe in Pokeballs? That's what I've always wondered. I mean, if you roll a Pokeball down a hill, would the Pokemon inside be affected by that at all?
    I think they fart in the pokeball so no one can smell the farts outside...
    Wow. Just wow.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Well from what I gather the Pokemon is fully conscious while in the Pokeball but various difference of what it's like in the Pokeball.
    One is that the top of a pokeball is see through and they seem to be in a cramped object. This only applies to the Manga.
    There is a theory that it creates a virtual environment although you have to wonder if is capable of doing so. I mean it's only so small and you'd only figure that it would be very difficult for the technology to create a virtual world. Plus Pikachu doesn't like Pokeballs because they're cramp so it would be hard to see that they create virtual environments.

Here's a question I have. Do you think has to do more with the Pokemon then with the Pokeball?

I mean, I wouldn't call a creature a Pocket Monster unless it already had the ability to shrink but needed energy to do so.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Possibly. For example, in the anime, Ash's pokemon return to their Pokeball after a hard match resulting in injuries. Later (Without going to a Pokemon Center), he calls forth that pokemon again and that one Pokemon appears to be in fine condition. I have noticed that by watching the anime. Sadly, that doesn't apply in the games. :'(

— Thus, I believe all they do in there is rest/heal.

Yeah, I've always noticed that, but I'm not aggrevated that this system isn't applied to the games, the game is fine as it is, really :)

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    I think they just freeze or something, since I go along with the guess that they don't do anything, even age, inside of their Poké Balls. I voted #1.

But don't forget, there is not really any truth to this kind of question, as it can't easily be proved. Everyone has a different opinion.

Back