• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

everyone needs to know my opinion about everything because i'm very important

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    When you see hear/see a issue or topic, do you have to jump in and tell everyone your opinion? And if so, do you try force that opinion on to people?

Offline, I'm very shy and meek when it comes to my opinion. Only when I'm either angry, asked to share it, or it's so blindingly obvious that no one else has said it yet do I say my thoughts about something. I don't like drawing attention to myself, I get all nervous, lol. However, online, it's like I'm a different person (yeaaaah turned my world around ♫). For me, theres a lot less pressure without everyone swiveling around their heads and staring at me. I can think more clearly and refine my opinions a bit more, though they're usually nonsensical regardless.

But do I ever try to enforce my opinion on people? Oh dear god no, only in very important situations. I'm too passive to do that , offline and on.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I find a topic interesting, I jump in and share my opinion, but I don't force it down on other people.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I`m sorry. I have to jump in. This looks epic.

I`m a very argumentative person. I like to argue. No...I love to argue. It`s in my nature. Seriously. That might be the first thing you notice if you meet me.

HOWEVER.

I am not one of those people who think other people`s opinions, or my own, really matter. I just back up my opinions with the best proof I can find, and I`ll be on my way. If other people`s opinions really mattered, I would`ve changed my personality years ago.

You could say that, yes, I do tend to have pretty persuasive arguments. However, this roots from my love to argue. Trying to get somebody to believe something makes the argument that much better, but I am not afraid to admit if they manage to convince me of something, either. That same thing they convinced me of allows me to use that same topic in a later argument with somebody who once had the same opinion as me. I will not, however, try to force an opinion onto somebody. If they believe me, so be it. If they don`t, oh well.

Do I start arguments just for the sake of starting one? No. In order for me to actually be the one to start an argument, somebody would have to be willing to counter it. Do I join in on arguments just because, even if I know nothing about it? No. Despite my love of arguments, I absolutely will not join in unless my opinion makes sense.

I`ll stop boring you all with my long rant/opinion/thing now.

Just to clarify, though....I`m not going against the topic or anything. Just answering the question. ...In a very weird way that seems like an argument. xD;

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Well...

See, it goes like this.

I'll see a topic, skim through, write up a post, then move on without posting.

Then I'll see everyone bashing any religious/political views that aren't mainstream, and feel I should step in.

Then I try to post, inevitably derail myself, and then have my post deliberately misconstrued by several people, in replies amounting to mock indignation and George Bush/Sarah Palin jokes.

Then I call them an idiot, and get warned.

*Sigh*

What is this, the U.K.?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I'm happy to jump into a thread and give my opinion on the topic at hand, or join a real life debate and give my two cents worth but I won't stand and force my beliefs down everybody's throats. Everybody's got their own opinions, how dull would the world be if everybody believed in the same things and there was no debate? D:

Oh, but if i'm reading a thread and it suddenly bursts into an argument & all the drama that goes with it i'll steer clear. I'm happy to debate but when it's just a big cluster of people flaming eachother i'd really rather not.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • See, but the thing is...

People need to stop crying over every little thing, and reporting posts they don't like as "flaming."

Sometimes, I'll use a hypothetical situation, or address a concept in general, and use the word "idiot."

People panic.

They panic good.

I get warned.

*Facepalm*

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I'm secretly always entertained by pointless flame wars. I generally don't jump in just because I don't usually have a strong opinion and don't feel the need to join in. I just like to watch how it all folds out. XD

If there is an argument that I do have strong thoughts on and there are just wrong facts being spewed out(or someone's misinformed), then yeah, I'll post, but I'm never overly serious about it. I'm not gonna go and shove my opinion down someone's throat. In the end, it's the internet, and everyone has different opinions on different issues. I mean, it's pretty hard to change someone's opinion; most people are pretty stubborn and don't want to be "wrong."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't get myself embroiled in arguments... it's a mistake I made on other forums that I don't intend to repeat here. Usually, I'll just state my opinion and that'll be it. I don't usually argue my position except on very rare occasions.

Back