• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everyone will know who I am! :D

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • So, imagine one day you are walking around town/riding the bus/grocery shopping/etc, and a very famous movie producer that you know walks up to you and tells you "I think you would be a PERFECT fit for the role I am trying to cast!" He explains the role, offers you a generous amount of money as compensation, and asks "So whaddya say?"

What do you say? Do you want to be famous, or does that not appeal to you? What would you enjoy about it? What would you hate? Discuss!

Years
  • I could be the Overlord in a film! That would be so cool, I'd deff accept. My GCSE drama skills can be put to use! Being famous seems really awesome. It is human nature to want to be recognised by other people. Though if I got too much attention I might get sick of it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ah, I'll try my best! If they think I'd be good then I'd go for it. Fame could be fun. I'd like to be able to travel and meet all kinds of people and have the opportunity to do all kinds of things. People would probably talk to a celebrity rather than just a random person on the street. I mean apparently I'd have less of a private life but I don't do anything that I care about keeping secret really? So sure. I'll do it. It'd be fun.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd say yes for the money alone! The fame I'd find a way to deal with, if I could just have that money lol.

I think I'd enjoy the respect that comes with fame; the doors it opens in your life. But I'd really hate the privacy invasion if it got to that level.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think I'd accept the acting offer, just to see what it's like to act. I'd also take that opportunity to work on my confidence skills.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Really? Everybody would snatch that offer up that quick?
    I'd do a background check. THEN i'd accept their offer.

EDIT: At whoever gave the post comment, people pose as others all the time. Not to mention not a lot of us familiarize ourselves with... movie producers of all people. :P

Last edited:

THEROGE12

V The Roge x
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Only If Tom Delonge Ask me , If it was someone else i would not accept and just walk away.. Being Famous Is to much Drama

Years
  • Movie star? No thanks. I want to be famous as a creator, not an actor. Also, I would probably not handle fame well. I'd rather be left alone, and I'm not very good with social situations.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Depends on the money. I'm more after the fortune than the fame, and I really don't need tabloids keeping track of every facet of my personal life. I know the press and news media wants to have their noses into everything a celebrity does, and privacy is not respected.

So that acting job better pay really well if I'm gonna have to put up with reporters and cameras in my face all the time.

Ayselipera

I would never want to be famous, but it would be nice to be well off. I would do it and at least try. What do I have to lose really? If I ended up hating it I can just fade out and go back to a normal job.

Years
  • I'm surprised at everyone jumping on the chance. I guess I just focus on actors as people with no privacy rather that people with fabulous lives and tons of money.

I'd probably consider it and then turn it down. I don't think acting is something I could pull off.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I'd reject the offer even though I'm obsessed with money because famous ppl won't have any freedom and ppl will be jealous and you won't be able to make real friends anymore and you won't be able to get another job and everyone would recognize you and you won't be able to live like a normal person etc etc etc

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Of course! It would help out tremendously, and it'd be nice to have a few fans here and there across the world and the opportunities that come with the entertainment industry is really interesting.

I'd say that the only thing that would concern me is the lack of any real privacy, but that'd be a lie. I don't think I have a very interesting personal life, and I don't have anything that I'm afraid of getting out there. I think I'd actually be able to distract people from my personal life through other means. I'll take some pages out of Lady Gaga's book on how to deal with that part of fame; because, in my opinion, she's a genius in that respect.

If it gets too much for me, I'd do what Ayselipera would do. I think I'd be able to escape the public eye and retire from my career and escape to a minimum-wage job just to have something to do while having money from the entertainment industry as a nice, thick safety net.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Yes... I would do it, but I would try to avoid the paparazzi as best as I could. It would be damn cool to see my face on things though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I say nope. I don't want to be a star in someone else's movie. I want to make my own movies. And an animated one, not something with real actors. Besides, learning something by heart is something I'm really bad at doing, and hence never liked theater or oral presentations.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Although it would be cool and I would want to jump at the chance to take the oppurtunity, I think all the attention would be bad. Celebrities get barely any privacy and the paparazzi stalk you, Id also be afraid of crazy people in general stalking me, though the money and stuff would be great, so maybe I would and just learn how to deal with the other stuff.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • ...I'd faint when I first try scene one. I'm a horrible actor...however...if I were acting as a tree or some thing....then I may take the offer. It happens in Wizard of Oz plays

I'd rather be a director honestly.

Back