• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

everything ill need?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Magicbus, I imagine you're talking about making map connections? If so, its all covered in the Notes file that came with the Starter Kit (look for notes.html). Alternatively, you can access the notes online here. We're certainly glad to help you get on your feet, but a lot of what you're asking is covered in the Notes file.

Also, while there's not much on there at the moment, there's a wiki for the Starter Kit that can be accessed here. There's some useful information there that isn't outlined in the notes

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Mrchewy thanks for your "kind" words.

im having trouble adding wild pokemon to area's and im about to have a look at the notes Mrchewy posted for me. but if anyone has a faster answear please post, i think i'v found the encounter's list.

EDIT- im proud to say i used Mrchewy's notes and figured that one out myself

now that im getting my head around some of the terms used and names of stuff, this is becoming alot easier.

Edit- once again i need help, how could i get a choose your starting pokemon system set up? i can't find any tuts on it and i wanted to make it like all pokemon games where u have to choose which pokemon u wanna start with.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    Mrchewy thanks for your "kind" words.

im having trouble adding wild pokemon to area's and im about to have a look at the notes Mrchewy posted for me. but if anyone has a faster answear please post, i think i'v found the encounter's list.

EDIT- im proud to say i used Mrchewy's notes and figured that one out myself

now that im getting my head around some of the terms used and names of stuff, this is becoming alot easier.

Edit- once again i need help, how could i get a choose your starting pokemon system set up? i can't find any tuts on it and i wanted to make it like all pokemon games where u have to choose which pokemon u wanna start with.

That is done through eventing. If you look in Poccil's Notes again (Which the HTML file resides in your RMXP folder) you should have a little more information about how to add a pokemon to a party using events.

If you are having trouble understanding the events, create a new Pokemon Essentials project folder, play through it as it is, and ten open RMXP and study the events which are part of the starter kit. There is one event that will give you a good idea of how to go about creating your own event to let your player choose your pokemon.

Back