• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Evil...but devishly pretty Milotic...

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Alright. I got a question about Pokemon Contests.
    I had around 30 Feebas, and when I finally found the right personality, I gave it all the berries I could find. I even got the Palmtre Berry for it! It's maxed out on beauty and it has a Blue Scarf. I've given her the most luxurient moves and have gotten her combed again and again and again when I traded her to my Fire Red...but in the Master Rank Contest she still fails to please the crowd! Is there any other way to make a pokemon beautiful?

Years
    Have you tried to have moves that are combos and try to get the crowd really excited?

I don't think theres another way other than the ways you listed above. I guess you just have to keep on trying over and over again.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Have a mixture of Combo moves, moves that lower opponents score, and a settling move, to ignore others. That and be very lucky. Also try to time the crowd applauses, and get the crowd going when it is your turn. That and be very very lucky.

Try Water Sport and Water Gun for a 8x combo
    Water Pulse will scramble up the order next turn
    Dive will let you avoid one attempt at making you nervious or lose points
    Bubble Beam is good if you are last in the round, takes three from all in front

Hope this helps

That and be very very very lucky

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Glad to be of assistance, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

If you dont know, use a heart scale to make Milotic learn water gun and water pulse if its level is too high

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Did you know even if your beauty is maxed, that's only part of it.
    Heighten its cute and cool stats for beauty contests, although they aren't as affecting as the main beauty stat.
    Also, try giving a cute or cool move (just one) in case you want to not heighten the crowd's applause, if maybe the next pokemon after you would get the bonus. Because cute and cool moves aren't penalized, they are useful, you just don't get an extra heart.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yes, the other stats also help in the audience vote thingy. Be sure to use combo moves such as Dive/Surf or Water Sport/Gun, and max out the beauty as well as the Cool and Cute thingies and you should be fine ^_^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, obviously wear the Blue scarf, max out the Beauty, and once you've done that, try and max out the Cool and Cute. Then go in with the following combo:
    Dive, Surf, Dive, Surf, HYPER BEAM! :P
    Worked for me, and now my Milotic is in the Art gallery ^_^

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    With my Milotic, I used combos of dive and surf, ice beam and waterpulse

Luck with timing also helps. If you can work out ahead where the crowd excitement will peak, you can select your appeals to max effect. Do watch out for jamming, and don't be afraid to use a non beauty appeal to prevent crowd excitement reaching peak.

Also, try and get a high value, one time appeal, and keep it in reserve until the last appeal. I tried this tactic with the other contests, especially with the Smart Contest, where a Wobbuffet uses shielding appeals for the first four turns, then appeals with Destiny bond. I think I ended up breeding Gardevoir and a Wobuffet together to get a ralts with Destiny Bond. I don't know if there's a destiny bond equivalent water attack, but if there is, try that, too.

Good luck with your contests!

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    It worked! IT WORKED!!
    I used the whole Dive Surf technique, and I won!! AND Milotic got into the Art Gallery!
    And you won't believe it, Milotic also is very tough and smart, instead of cool and cute like suggested! It was fun and I'm sooo glad for ALL of your help!
    Now I'm trying to get my Raichu to win Master Cute Contest...
    Shouldn't there be a sticky for Contest Help?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    just becouse i like to post,im puntn this in. :P on my other game,my skitty easly won the master contest.but,i restarted that game so blakbthkidsfjawifkerwkdoeooaiepa[if thats a word.] :P

Back