• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Team Speculations

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The theme of Pokemon S&M Seem to be Alchemy.
    So , What if the Evil Team Goal is to create a Philosopher Stone ?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm not too familiar with alchemy, so what would be the purpose of this Philosopher stone as it relates to the evil team's goals + Solgaleo and/or Lunaala?

The basic idea of the philosopher stone was that it was an alchemical tool that had the ability to change any one element on the periodic scale into another periodic element. Obviously the common trope for this is, turn anything you want into Gold.

Since there does seem to be some extremely vague hints of alchemy reference in this game, the philosopher stone is easily one of the most common plot devices for alchemy stories. I totally would not mind a story about how the stone could be used as a grab for ultimate power over the elements by an evil team. I also wouldn't be surprised if the stone was used as a power source for the man made mechanical legend that I can't remember the name of. Also the philosopher stone has always been referenced to as a physical representation of chaos and lack of natural order within the world, so it could have a direct impact on the natural order of the pokemon world with it's ability to transmute anything into anything else, so this stone of chaos might be a good plot device for Zygardde (or however you spell his name).

As for my speculation on the evil team of Alola, I really want to believe that the endangered pokemon theme is a real deal, so I would hope that the evil team is an industrialized progressive group that looks to benefit humans by expanding industry, but in the process is encroaching and endangering rare pokemon habitats in the process. I really want to believe that the bad guys won't be poachers or evil for the sake of evil. I want to believe they will be industrious resource oriented business men who through a majority of the game do not realize the impact they are having on Alola's fragile ecosystem, but are beaten eventually and taught a valuable lesson by the player.

Years
  • As for my speculation on the evil team of Alola, I really want to believe that the endangered pokemon theme is a real deal, so I would hope that the evil team is an industrialized progressive group that looks to benefit humans by expanding industry, but in the process is encroaching and endangering rare pokemon habitats in the process.
    This option has been open for years, and often more promisingly, but generally speaking they've tried to avoid that sort of 'evil team,' at which point the game and Pokémon just becomes subordinated to emotional gratification related to random issues, or merely a vehicle for such issues. In any case, the motive behind this series wasn't always that different from that driving such things. In any case, an 'evil team' which is merely such by accident hardly seems likely to be of much account.

Due to the creatures themselves increasingly seeming to just be barely-altered copies of existing animals, such an approach might be a bit much.

I can see that, but for what purpose? To transform something into something else? Eternal Life? Those are usually the things associated with it.
    To try and revive book series from the 2000s, presumably. It ends with the main character getting an OP Pikachu and merging with its tail, in the style of 'Ash-Greninja.'

Generally, though, 'evil teams' as you note do tend to aim for something slightly different from things which may only inorganically alter one or two people, and hence something like that might get a bit convoluted if it's to be placed into a similar context.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'd like to see a team full of religious nuts, where they protest everything and say things are a sin.

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
  • I really want Malva to return as the new leader of Team Flare. She already has the malicious looks and attitude. Anyways, the villainous teams of Pokemon Sun & Moon should be similar to Team Magma and Team Aqua.
    Malva could be leader of the New Team Flare whose goal is to destroy the moon by using Solgaleo's powers in the Pokemon Sun version. You'll join Olympia who is the leader of Team Lunar to stop Malva and Team Flare.
    On the other hand in the Pokemon Moon Version, Olympia will be the leader of Team Lunar whose goal is to use Lunala's power to permanently block the Sun and create eternal darkness. You'll have an alliance with Malva and the peaceful Team Flare to stop Olympia and Team Lunar. These alliances will be similar to those on Pokemon ORAS where Team Aqua assisted you in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Team Magma in Alpha Sapphire.

As for the vacancies left from Malva and Olympia, the following changes will be made when you have the chance to revisit Kalos after the main story:
    -Korrina is now part of the Kalos Elite 4 replacing Malva.
    -Tierno becomes the new leader of Shalour City taking Korrina's place. The gym is still a Fighting-type gym.
    -Trevor becomes the new gym leader of Coumarine City because Ramos retires as Gym Leader. The gym is still a Grass-type gym.
    -Shauna becomes the new Gym Leader of Anistar City taking Olympia's place. The gym is still a Psychic-type gym.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • So, after reading PC Daily's article about the connection to endangered animals with the Pokemon designs so far, I am heavily on board with the theory of the villainous team being based off hunters that threaten to wipe out these Pokemon and it's up to the protagonist to stop their bad antics.

Ok. So, no connection with Sun/Moon?? Don't get me wrong, but I would really love the plot if it was related to astronomy in some or the other way. Wiping out Pokemons dosen't seem as cool an objective as something related to sun or moon. Don't you agree? Maybe, they could mix both of them up, like the Team trying to harness the energy of Solgaleo and Lunalaa, the Sun and Moon pokemons to wipe out the existance of pokemon. Don't you think that sounds better?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would think that we'll get poachers as an evil team. A Team that just wants to kill off Pokémon seems to lack much purpose compared to a Team that wants to capture rare mons as pets or kill them to sell their body parts for money. Plus a poaching Team would be similar to Team Rocket which some want.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I wonder how they could pull off just having a single antagonist with a few henchmen instead of a full-out evil team. That would be interesting, as long as it's done correctly.

If they give us an evil team again though, I would preferably want something that doesn't involve Hawaiian stereotypes. Lord save a duck that would be horrible.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Well Pokemon are from outer space.... So maybe the evil team would want the legendaries to signal life forms not of this planet to obtain power or leave this planet due to people killing the planet. Their endgame could be to use alien tech to destroy the planet after they have left it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think the evil team will be a group that wants to make everything more technologically advanced. People who have no care about destroying habitats of pokemon. Why do I say this? In Native American Lore, there are a few different prophecy. One in which is known as the Whirling Rainbow Prophecy. I posted this in the Rainbow Thread before this one. But I will post it here as well.

"There will come a day when people of all races, colors, and creeds will put aside their differences. They will come together in love, joining hands in unification, to heal the Earth and all Her children. They will move over the Earth like a great Whirling Rainbow, bringing peace, understanding and healing everywhere they go. Many creatures thought to be extinct or mythical will resurface at this time; the great trees that perished will return almost overnight. All living things will flourish, drawing sustenance from the breast of our Mother, the Earth."

There was one before this prophecy in the same lore.

"At the beginning of this cycle of time, long ago, the Great Spirit came down and He made an appearance and He gathered the peoples of this earth together, they say on an island which is now beneath the water, and He said to the human beings, "I'm going to send you to four directions and over time I'm going to change you to four colours, but I'm going to give you some teachings and you will call these the Original Teachings and when you come back together with each other you will share these so that you can live and have peace on earth, and a great civilization will come about. "

These four color represent the rainbow. So the Islands may not get along. Also, the island in which is missing, one of the large Hawaiian Islands, could appear after the main storyline after it has been restored.

And now for the reason I think the evil team is what I said.

"In the time of the Seventh Fire, a New People would emerge. They would retrace their steps to find the wisdom that was left by the side of the trail long ago. Their steps would take them to the elders, who they would ask to guide them on their journey. If the New People remain strong in their quest, the sacred drum will again sound its voice. There will be an awakening of the people, and the sacred fire will again be lit. At this time, the light-skinned race will be given a choice between two roads. One road is the road of greed and technology without wisdom or respect for life. This road represents a rush to destruction. The other road is spirituality, a slower path that includes respect for all living things. If we choose the spiritual path, we can light yet another fire, an Eight Fire, and begin an extended period of Peace and healthy growth."

The 7th Fire is the 7th Generation of Pokemon.

I don't think this will be 100% correct, but I think this is what it will be inspired by. The start of this technology could be the man made island. Maybe the evil team destroyed the original island, and created a completely artificial island.

And I am not sure where it came from, but an art peace of a rainbow warrior depicts a Lion, a Dolphin, an Eagle and a Wolf.

Last edited:
    Back