• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution of Time (Zeph's PKMN Game)

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
  • Evolution of Time (Zeph and G's PKMN Game)

Hi! I'm Zephadus!
    Minigee said:
    And I'm Minigee!
    and this is my thread for our game! Woot!
    Minigee said:
    Yeah, that's better!:badsmile:
    Basically, my idea is that you are a boy named Chris (short for Christopher) (by default), or a girl named Chrissy (short for Christine) (by default), who lives in a town called Tsubiiko, in the region of Kurutsu.
    I donno what G's ideas are, but he can post 'em on his own.

This story takes place roughly 10 years after Ash, Hiro, and whoever else journeyed their fair share.
    Maybe even after Wes*, although I doubt it. (*Pok?mon Colosseum)

Later in your journey, you will leave Kurutsu, and head toward another region.

I haven't decided which, but it will be either Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn.
    I know it sounds clich? and blah, blah, blah, but you're forgetting this's later.
    Much much later. Everything will be different, and the way things were going last I checked, Cinnibar probably won't even exist at all.
    Lots of surprises to be discovered in this new world.

(I'd say more, but that would ruin the surprises in store)

The linear-style gameplay of the past will be obliterated entirely, though there will be some things that you simply must do before moving on.
    There will be much freedom, though. You will be able to explore the ocean across the many seas and see the various islands I have set out for Chris and Chrissy. Watch out, though. There are some very mean Pok?mon out at sea, and if you're beaten out there, you get a real game over! Not a lift to the last Pok?mon Center you visited! (more on that later)

Out on the islands will be totally original map designs, however, just for kicks, I might put in something vaguely recognizable for some.

Lots of neat features will be in this game, too. No, not a load of minigames like everyone else.
    Although minigames are one of those things, they won't be the same as others, and if they are, well, pure coincidence.:nervous:

Now I'm sure if you read all this, there was a point when you thought:
    "But you have to go to the last Pok?mon Center you visited! It's tradition!"
    Well, I'm sure it is, and I'm sure we all love it, and I'm really sure that all I'm doing is merely expanding on that idea.
    My theory is simple: You can't be saved if no-one's around to save you.
    What I'm talking about is probably best explained with an example...
    Let's say we're just west of Cerulean City, when we run into a very strong trainer like... Blue! (Gary) All we have is a Charmander, a Pidgey, Rattata, and maybe a Spearow and Caterpie.
    We get beat, and we end up a Pok?mon Center.

The reason is because there was somebody there to do 1 of 3 things:
    a. Call the nearest Pok?mon Center
    b. Drag you to the nearest Pok?mon Center
    c. Walk to one yourself

Now I know I just said "walk to one yourself", but when you're out at sea, you're using a Pok?mon to surf with, and if that Pok?mon is KO'd, one should not be able to surf.
    This is why you cannot be saved out at sea, unless you're fighting another trainer (like a swimmer), because then they can save you.

I may create a sort of system where if you are defeated out at sea, you have like, 30 seconds to swim to shore. Once you have successfully landed at a shore, you may swim to another. If your time runs out at sea, game over.
    Seems interesting to me, and I should be able to pull it off...

I'll have screenshots posted sometime soon (hopefully).

Feedback on the game and any of its features is appreciated.
    Suggestions are also appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2004
    UR GAME! :pirate:

add me to this thread im part of the game ness.... :nervous:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Sounds pretty cool ;). I like the whole Game over thing, sounds better then getting a lift to the nearest pokemon center. Sound good, Screenshots :) Must see

zephadus

Years
  • Thanks Dizzy! Your game sounds cool, too! I'll definitely play it. ^_^
    I'm glad you like the idea of the game over!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2004
    O'l TImez

Hey Zeph....

What ever happend to the project in the first place?

I mean sure we didnt have too much done but it was a great start...

And when can we expect to have these screeny's up?

Cuz until i get a new comp im going to have a hard time assisting u with the project....Man i hate old technology......

Anywayz answer my questions plz....And get to work u slacker! lol j/k

:laugh:

zephadus

Years
  • Well ya see... The project sort of sat on my computer, and never really saw much progress since last you were here.
    Now it's coming back at full force, and here are some screenshots attached to this post.
    New Bark Town old (old map with old chipset) and
    New Bark Town new (new map with new chipset)

I haven't made any major changes (yet), because all I've done so far is recreate New Bark Town (and make the buildings a little larger)

Have fun with the screenies!

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 26, 2005
    yeah you used the chipsets good :) I bet if you make the roofs green it will look more like New Bark Town. Anyway, good luck.

zephadus

Years
  • Sponge_Bartjuh said:
    yeah you used the chipsets good :) I bet if you make the roofs green it will look more like New Bark Town. Anyway, good luck.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if New Bark Town had green houses because they were supposed to be like that, or because Nintendo was lazy and decided not to waste anymore palette colors since they had so bloody many trees there. lol

I'll play with it a bit and see what I come out with. ^_^

I'm not sure whether to do Cherrygrove city or Violet city next...
    I'll probably do Route 29, actually. lol

Vertek

Pokemon League Champion
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2004
    sounds kewl hope you get to finish it, I wanna play a johto game with GBA graphics.

zephadus

Years
  • By request...

(this request)
    Sponge_Bartjuh said:
    I bet if you make the roofs green it will look more like New Bark Town.
    I bring you: New New Bark Town with Green Roofs!

I thank you for the suggestion, because it really looks great if I do say so myself.
    I'll make sure to make all the towns have the correct colored roofs and such. ^_^

I also bring to you all...
    THE TITLE SCREEN!!
    That's right! I wasn't gonna bother with it until later, but I decided to do it now.
    I actually didn't have a title screen until everybody started asking about screenshots, so here it is!

Note: I've noticed little bitsy errors in the Pok?mon logo, as have a lot of you that have looked at it, are looking at it, or will be looking at it.
    These errors will be fixed before a demo is released, so don't worry about it.:classic:

I'm also considering moving the words "Evolution of Time" up a little.
    The reason they were so low in the first place...
    Well, I don't remember exactly. lol But I had a plan. Oh well.:nervous:

---EDIT---
    Oh yeah, now I remember!!
    I was gonna have Unowns spell "EVOLUTION OF TIME" across the top of the letters!
    Not sure about it now, but I found the pic on my PC, and it looks okay...
    Oh well! lol

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • The title screen looks great.

However, I'm suspicious of your legitimacy, Zephadus. The sceen with New Bark Town is the wrong resolution. It's impossible for that to be a screen shot from RM2k's 320x240 resolution. However, it is just like that of a GBA, meaning you likely ripped that straight from a Rom. How can you explain this?

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    The title screen looks great.

However, I'm suspicious of your legitimacy, Zephadus. The sceen with New Bark Town is the wrong resolution. It's impossible for that to be a screen shot from RM2k's 320x240 resolution. However, it is just like that of a GBA, meaning you likely ripped that straight from a Rom. How can you explain this?
    Um... it looks like a screenshot from the actual engine, but without grids.

But im not sure.

zephadus

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    The title screen looks great.

Um... it looks like a screenshot from the actual engine, but without grids.

But im not sure.
    I assume you're talking about the fact that my "screenshots" are larger than 320x240.
    It's simple. I took multiple screenshots and put them together to capture the whole city, then found out that there's a size limit on these forums, so had to cut down.
    Some of the lab is cut off, but it only goes about 4 spaces further than the original.
    I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
    Back