• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution poll, take two

(Please read first post) Which statement most closely matches your beliefs?

• Option 1

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Option 2

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Option 3

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Option 4

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I have requested the old poll be locked, so if it hasn't yet, it should be soon.

I am researching the effect of a certain variable, to be disclosed later, on the level of support for evolution. Please vote for the option which most closely matches your beliefs on the evolution of life, including macroevolution.

Option 1: I believe in a completely naturalistic form of evolution, including macroevolution, without deities. Natural selection was the main driving force.

Option 2: I believe a deity or deities used evolution, including macroevolution, as a tool to create life, and did not interfere with its progress; in other words, they did not "guide" evolution. Natural selection was the main driving force.

Option 3: I believe that changes in life forms are guided by a deity ("intelligent design"). I do not believe in natural selection.

Option 4: I believe in a form of creationism where life forms are static and do not change, but remain as they were created by a deity or deities.

Years
  • Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure, but I think I'll go with Option 3, except for the natural selection part.
    While the original evolution theory does make sense, it all just seems way too improbable to me. Option 3 eliminates this flaw.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, isn't Option 3 plus natural selection basically Option 2?

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Option 1. Of course, I'm not dismissing the probability that there could be a magical trickster in the heavens that just trolled us with this natural selection thing.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks for everyone's cooperation so far, but I need more data! Keep it up, people!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Option 4 because, like I said in the previous thread, I believe in Creationism.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Option 2. See my reasoning in your previous thread and I want to get married >__>

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Option 1.

Natural Selection is clearer to me than the rest. Deities? I don't think so. :/

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Option 1 is the only one which doesn't require the intervention of a being whose existence has never been proven so I'll go with that.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Option 1, because I can think for myself and have come to the conclusion that any other option has none of that sense thing.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • Option 4 has been thoroughly disproved.. are people still denying evolution? As for me, I have to go with both option 1 and 2. I don't deny the existence of a deity or deities but as of yet I haven't gotten factual evidence that they exist, so I can't go all in with option 2 but I can't discount it by going all in with option 1.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Well, I'd like to ask everyone who hasn't voted to please do so, as the more votes I get, the more confident I can be in my conclusions.

Jameska

'Cuz God doesn't take sides.
    Years
  • Nearly 50% chose one option out of 4. That may look great, but just remember the audience you are looking at. Most of use are probably in our teen years, with views swayed on very few factors, where if you did a census IRL, you're answers would be swayed as well. So, choose what you believe in. Because, every point can be valid. But the only one you can make sound valid is one you're passionate about.

Back