• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
I would really like to see some more Pokemon changed to Fairy type through evolution! (Dunsparce, anyone?)

Also, a Corsola evolution would be really cute, and ever since I've saw Plusle and Minun I've wanted a "joining" prevo and an evolution for each of them. And although it's a little out of place, I think an Absol prevo that you can find earlier on would be really cute too.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
According to tradition, Gamefreak usually releases two Eeveelutions whenever it does introduce any, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another one. However, Gamefreak also rarely sticks to tradition, which I find both good and extremely annoying. If they do release one more Eeveelution, it should be the Ghost one. Not only would it pair up quite well with Fairy, but it should've been introduced in Gen III alongside Espeon and Umbreon in my opinion.

Luvdisc and Alomomola should definitely be connected into one line. Same goes for Cacnea and Maractus; a split evo from Cacnea to Cacturne or Maractus would be perfect.

However, I would disagree with a Snorlax evolution. Not for competitive purposes, but simply because I really can't imagine Snorlax getting any bigger and fatter. LOL. On the other hand, a split evo from Munchlax could be interesting, though I wouldn't say I fancy it, per se.

As for Mewtwo Awakening (though that doesn't much count as an evolution, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway) ...Gamefreak, Y U No Mewthree?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'd like to see a

- Dragon/Rock evo for Onix,
-a non-Truant evo for Vigoroth,
- an evo for Medicham that has considerable stat gains while losing Pure Power,
- an evo for Manectric,
- a Ghost/Dark evo for Cofagrigus that takes inspiration from a pharoah or an Egyptian god,
- an Archeops forme/evo without Defeatist
- an evo for Noctowl

Basically I just wanna see a ton of older Pokemon with good designs but crappy stats and abilities be useful.

Just wanted to point out that Dusclops sucks and it is (and I strongly emphasize on this) extreme set-up bait for any substitute user. I question why they even gave it an evolution seeing as Dusknoir is barely that useful, and is equally prone to being set-up on (goes to show that there isn't much competitive thought into this). Cosmic Power Sigilyph walls it for years to come, seeing as Shadow Sneak only does about 20% max. Shaymin also laughs at Dusknoir/Duskull seeing as it's unaffected by status moves (Natural Cure), and that it's a substitute user, and can just Leech Seed Dusk 'till kingdom come

Game Freak only cares about and balances around their metagame, VGC doubles, and in VGC doubles eviolite Dusknoir is quite strong on trick room teams. Chansey would be really good too, but it's held back by a bad typing.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
one more Eeveelution, it should be the Ghost one. Not only would it pair up quite well with Fairy, but it should've been introduced in Gen III alongside Espeon and Umbreon in my opinion.

I agree with a Ghost type Eeveelution. It would fit Gold/Silver's mystical and spiritual theme.

Same goes for Cacnea and Maractus; a split evo from Cacnea to Cacturne or Maractus would be perfect.

A female evolution for Cacnea, I love it! I had a thought of this matter aswell. Why not make an evolution for Cacnea just like Kirlia got a male evolution by using a Dawn Stone. I've been thinking about something tho, if Gardevoir is changed into a Psychic/Fairy type, will Gallade still remain as a Psychic/Fighting type? I'm 99% sure it will tho but Its just a thought.

Gamefreak, Y U No Mewthree?
I know right? Couldn't Gamefreak make like a back story to why Mewthree exist? I could think of Team Rocket trying to create an another clone of Mew after the first attempt which failed them by not being able to make Mewtwo to obey Team Rocket. So now they tried to create an another successful clone.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
According to tradition, Gamefreak usually releases two Eeveelutions whenever it does introduce any, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another one. However, Gamefreak also rarely sticks to tradition, which I find both good and extremely annoying. If they do release one more Eeveelution, it should be the Ghost one. Not only would it pair up quite well with Fairy, but it should've been introduced in Gen III alongside Espeon and Umbreon in my opinion.

There is no tradition as far as Eevee and its evolutions are concerned. Its only been done twice before. That isn't enough times to be considered a pattern, and it needs to be done a lot more to be considered a tradition. All previously found patterns concerning Eevee and its evolutions other than they are released every even number of generations (which is still false since Eevee and the first three were introduced in Gen 1).

Eevee's evolutions haven't always been introduced in pairs. First set was in a set of three with Eevee. You cannot not include it. Even still, I say again doing something twice does not make it a tradition or a pattern. Third Eevee Evolution expansion is given. All marketing says its the only one revealed this time.

The other "tradition" that was broken is all Eevee evolutions are Special Type Pokemon. Dunno, but you can probably classify Fairy as Special type, but since it wasn't introduced in Gen 3 it did not get the Physical/Special classification as the other 17 types did.

Gamefreak has expressed that there are no patterns in how they design Pokemon for their games. Its all coincidence.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I've said this possibly a thousand times. We do not NEED any evolutions. Nothing is needed. To need something means its of great importance or a cannot live without type of requirement. Evolving past Pokemon is not a Need. It will never be a need. It is a WANT.

Jynx does not need an Evolution. You WANT Jynx to evolve. Plain, simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

I happen to WANT Snorlax to evolve just as you WANT Jynx to Evolve. Just as others WANT Dunsparce to evolve, or Sableye, or Mawile, or another Eevee Evolution, or a split evolution from Scyther, or...everything else that has been posted. Nothing in this thread is a NEED. Its a WANT. We will live on without them getting evolutions. Its not a life threatening change nor is it something someone will die over if it happens or does not happen. Its a whimsical request based on personal opinion.

dude, you are over reacting here. I never criticised your opinions. I cleared said that "snorlax doesn't need an evo IMO" i said imo.. Its my own personal opinion.

WishCookie

Years
I think that we need an evo for Luvdisc since its, well...one of the pokemon that people doesn't use at all and its just sad. I know that I've said this like three times now but really, I think that maybe at least 85% of all the fans agrees. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
To be honest I think GF is lying about the patterns to throw us off...companies lie you know...
Either way the eeveelution duo isn't a major pattern unlike the third member of the trio being the mascot of the third version (sequels for Kyurem) (with the exception of Suicune, and if you consider Yellow the third rather than the fourth, either way pattern became set in Gen 3 on).

Now if there is one I hope it's Dragon as it's also mystical and is weak against Fairy to so it'll fit well with the other eeveelution duos.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I think that we need an evo for Luvdisc since its, well...one of the pokemon that people doesn't use at all and its just sad. I know that I've said this like three times now but really, I think that maybe at least 85% of all the fans agrees. :P

i don't completely agree here, because 5th was a reset so alomomola was not related to luvdisc even though they both look alike. I also thought for once that they should be related.
Now, i was thinking that luvdisc should get a water/fairy evo, as it is related to cupid.(not alomomola)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree. Xander, you are repeatedly slandering others' opinions and speculations. Stop. Stating that we don't need any evos is your opinion, not fact.

Um no. There is no Need for evolutions. That is not an opinion. That IS a fact. There is nothing that says we will die, there is no utmost importance, there is nothing that is heavily depenate on our everyday lives that require Gamefreak to Evolve any Pokemon. A Need is something that cannot live without. You have to have it to progress either in life, your job, or in this case with the game. Evolutions have never been a requirement to complete a game. There is no need. Only wants. That is a fact.

I have not slandered anyone's ideas or speculations. If you post false info I will correct with what is correct if there is info to be corrected. Need and Want aren't interchangeable though many still do. Everything in this thread is a want. Gamefreak decides whether or not evolutions get made and those that do not only push the fact that the evolutions are not needed for Pokemon. We want them to evolve. We are listing what we want to evolve and giving our opinions as to why we want them to evolve. A want cannot be refuted, it can be argued by someone who does not want the same thing, but that is simply the other person not wanting the same thing. We are all different people. We will not have the same wants. As early in, there were many that wanted a Skarmory Evolution. There were those that did not want the Skarmory evo post why they did not want it. After that it becomes a cycle. A few people post what they wanted and after so long some other would appear to say in varying degrees why they do not want an evo.

Stating a need, or stating a false proof to support a need for an evolution can easily shut down speculation. Only instance is with Eevee. TPCi is marketing Sylveon as the only Eevee Evolution this go round. Saying there are patterns, traditions, and other things that have actually been proven to be false information already discredits the post. The company involved is saying there is one new one. They are marketing it as an only new one. We can't do much but say "Ok. They already told us there aren't any more."

We have roughly 550 more to go through. (I'm trying to take out Legends). Gamefreak also has no reason to hide that there are no patterns. There is nothing to gain and based on everything we've gotten from Generation 5 and a lot of new things popping up in Generation 6, traditions and patterns have been broken. There exists I think only one possible pattern in circulation and it depends solely on a set of games coming out for the 3DS. All old traditions have been shattered and all patterns broken. We have nothing to base patterns on anymore until someone finds one that hasn't been broken.

A lot of Pokemon are made to be obscure. Luvdisc is one of them. I would like an evolution to her, but its not something I see Gamefreak trying to do. They make Pokemon the way they do on purpose, whether they get used or not its part of their character. She really doesn't need to evolve, she has some uses, but she'd be a cool thing to evolve especially with Shub's idea.

i don't completely agree here, because 5th was a reset so alomomola was not related to luvdisc even though they both look alike. I also thought for once that they should be related.
Now, i was thinking that luvdisc should get a water/fairy evo, as it is related to cupid.(not alomomola)

I don't know about Water/Fairy but a Cupid like Fish is both original and interesting. It really fits well with Luvdisc's background and would be the perfect evolutionary idea for her. She's really gimmicky with her Heart Scale farming, but she getting more love wouldn't be a horrible thing.

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Um no. There is no Need for evolutions. That is not an opinion. That IS a fact. There is nothing that says we will die, there is no utmost importance, there is nothing that is heavily depenate on our everyday lives that require Gamefreak to Evolve any Pokemon. A Need is something that cannot live without. You have to have it to progress either in life, your job, or in this case with the game. Evolutions have never been a requirement to complete a game. There is no need. Only wants. That is a fact.

Hmmm... don't you think you're taking the concept of needing too strictly?
Nobody said that we can't live without (for example) a Sableye evolution. When we say that we need a Sableye evolution, we mean that the game needs a Sableye evolution, not because GF will go bankrupt if they don't add it, but simply because it will somehow improve the game.
Anyway, you obviously knew this already, so it's incomprehensible why you're try to fight over it.

WishCookie

Years

I didn't say that it is related to Almomola, I said that it should have been an evolution or that it looks like an evolution Luvdisc could have like I've stated in my previous comments.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

I'm one of those people that never ever used Luvdisc... ever. :P To be honest while it would be cool to see an evo added for Luvdisc I still can't see myself bothering to use it really, so that would be one of the Pokemon that it really wouldn't bother me either way :P A connection to Alomomola would be kind of cool still though :)

Who's to say that GF are even planning on giving some of the older Gen pokemon Evolutions? The only reason we got them in Gen 4 was because they were beginning to introduce new methods of evolution.. I think GF will be more busy focusing on newer Pokemon rather than older ones. Maybe I'm wrong though..

WishCookie

Years
I'm one of those people that never ever used Luvdisc... ever. :P To be honest while it would be cool to see an evo added for Luvdisc I still can't see myself bothering to use it really, so that would be one of the Pokemon that it really wouldn't bother me either way :P A connection to Alomomola would be kind of cool still though :)

I've never ever used Luvdisc either but it would be cool if she had something interesting about her tho. :/

Who's to say that GF are even planning on giving some of the older Gen pokemon Evolutions? The only reason we got them in Gen 4 was because they were beginning to introduce new methods of evolution.. I think GF will be more busy focusing on newer Pokemon rather than older ones. Maybe I'm wrong though..

Well, I still think that they're thinking of the old pokemon tho. I just feel somehow that they will make new evolutions for the older generations, maybe not now or in the nearest future but I know that they will do it sometimes in order to bring the older generations back when we have like 10 generations. xD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I just wanted to say this:
Don't you think that if they will give us what we want there will be no more room for new Pokemon to see? They already said the creator of pokemon (sorry i cant remember his name) had made sprites for at least 10 installments.....so i figured out that if they will give us what we ask for, they will have to postpone the new pokemon's releases.
My point is that personally i think we just need to wait and see what will turn out! you've got to remember that if sylveon was released eevee Will be in the game plus some genV pokemons i guess. The only thing i do want is pre-khangaskan....because a grown pokemon with a baby in his pocket coming out of an egg is creepy.

Back