• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution Question?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Is there a point of having an evolution under another if you have the higher one?

ex. I have a lvl60 pidgey, and I have a lvl211 pidgeotto

Thanks!

Years
    In your case, probably not.

At higher levels, you may want to keep multiples in order to have different movesets but in a few levels you will be trading those for higher CP versions anyway.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    It's also useful to level up your spare Pokémon for extra experience - as evolving nets a lot of it.

I horde a lot of easily-evolvable Pokemon and do it all at once with a lucky egg.

Years
    I actually just got rid of all of my duplicate pokemon today by transferring them. I toyed with the idea of keeping one of the lower evolution pokemon (for example, pidgey) when I already had pidgeotto and pidgeot. Ultimately, I decided to transfer any pokemon that I already had a higher for of evolution. This got me a few extra candies to use to power up my highest evolved pokemon for that species.

Back