• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Evolution stones

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    Ok. I wanted to get an arcanine and nintails in gold and silver, but I need a firestone. I read somewhere that all the evolution stones are only obtainable through mystery gift. is this true? If so, it would take virtually forever to get all the Eevee evo's. I mean, I assume the stones are extremely rare to get through gifting.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I have some bad news for you.
    The only place where you can get a fire stone is close to the end of the game, in Bill's cottage in Kanto. You have to show Bill's grandpa (Or uncle.) a Growlithe/Vulpix, depending on the version to get one.
    An easier way is playing Pokemon Crystal and getting 'School kid Alan's phone number. He can be found by the Sudowoodo tree, but will only give you a fire stone in the crystal version.

Sorry that you can't get an Arcanine or Ninetails. You can always trade them from R/B/Y, but do you have that version?

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    No, I would have to buy it used somewhere. Can't you buy firestones and stuff in the celadon dept store?

And what about the other stones in gold/silver?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    No, I would have to buy it used somewhere. Can't you buy firestones and stuff in the celadon dept store?

And what about the other stones in gold/silver?
    You could in Pokemon Red and Blue, but now they just have Pokedolls in the Celadon Dept. Store, probably to promote trading to the older versions.
    Moon stones - however - can be found quite commonly, and your mom sometimes buys them when you get certain amounts of money. As for the Sun stone, that can be found when you come first place in the Bug Catching Contest near Goldenrod City. A Scyther or Pinsir are your best bets for winning it.

It's a shame really, it's a bit of an annoyance for me as well. My favourite pokemon is Poliwrath, but I can't get it until I beat the Elite Four and beat half of Kanto.

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    ok. What about the thunderstone and waterstone?

If you get them as a gift from somebody, that means you can only have one which sucks. Cause I want raichu and jolteon and vaporeon, and stamie.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    ok. What about the thunderstone and waterstone?

Similar to Schoolkid Alan, really. If you had Crystal...

Water Stone: Fisher Tully on Route 42. If you get his phone number and wait, he'll occasionally find one for you.

Thunderstone: Lass Dana on Route 38. See above.

Other than that, yeah, it's stupid, but if you're desperate, there's the cloning glitch.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Similar to Schoolkid Alan, really. If you had Crystal...

Water Stone: Fisher Tully on Route 42. If you get his phone number and wait, he'll occasionally find one for you.

Thunderstone: Lass Dana on Route 38. See above.

Other than that, yeah, it's stupid, but if you're desperate, there's the cloning glitch.
    Also, I'm pretty sure the cloning glitch only works in Gold/Silver. (Either that or the last time I tried to clone in Crystal, I messed up badly)

Pingouin_7

In Crystal you can clone. When I get a good Wild Pokémon Editor, Evolution Editor and PokéMart Editor, I will edit the Celadon Dept. Store to sell these stones and make the Crystal unobtainable Pokémon obtainable.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Also, I'm pretty sure the cloning glitch only works in Gold/Silver.

Well, yes, that's actually my point. While Crystal has methods of getting multiple stones legitimately (albeit slowly), Gold and Silver don't. However, on the other hand, Gold and Silver also have the cloning glitch, so if you're desperate and can't get Crystal, you have that.

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Also Gina Picnicker, just below the Day Care Centre, will call you and tell you she has found a leaf stone at some point in Crystal.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    your best bet would be to buy them in rby and trade them over or if you have pokemon stadium you can use the mystery gift feature and not only get stones but a lot of other cool items. I got a virtual boy game system!

Back