• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Evolving Strategies!" Episode Discussion

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The second part of Ash vs Paul. Haven't watched it yet, so I'll review another day ~

Wow, no one's made this thread yet o.O Unless I'm blind o.O

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    best episode in the show and best animation too. if pokemon is always like that, no doubt it will be the best show ever.

Paul deserved to win because he knows what he is doing. Ash just sent his pokemon with no plan and no strategy.

woooow Paul's team is one of the best team in the show.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I really wish Pikachu did not lose like that. I mean, if Pikachu should have lost to anyone, it should have been to Torterra, as at least it would make sense to have it lose to something it's level. I mean, it's loss against Ursaring made it's win against Regice seem like a complete joke.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • When this episode came out in Japan, I was kind of...unimpressed. Chimchar evolved, something I didn't think was absolutely necessary. It would have been better if it kicked ass as a little Chimchar, but OK, evolve it, make the fanboys giggle.

Paul won, we all knew that was going to happen. He won kind of...easily, IMO.

Now that I've seen this in English, first off:

-MONFERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO = LOL NARM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    -Now that Monferno has done all of one battle since it evolved, I can tolerate it more because it's not stealing the spotlight. That "privilege" belongs to Grotle.
    -I just really hope it doesn't become Infernape and pleases the fanboys more. That's just...again, unnecessary...>_>

This was a fanboy-centric episode. People are breeding fan dumb with this show, and where there's fan dumb, you'll find me, beating up some loud-mouthed, ignorant little 12 year-old brat who thinks Charizard is the most cash thing on the planet. Admittedly, he'd help in this battle, but he alone probably wouldn't do much.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    best episode in the show and best animation too. if pokemon is always like that, no doubt it will be the best show ever.

Paul deserved to win because he knows what he is doing. Ash just sent his pokemon with no plan and no strategy.

Agree with you 100% Ash had no strategy whatsoever and thought he could win...wrong. Paul deserved to win. Hopefully Ash will have a strategy next time he fights Paul.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • When this episode came out in Japan, I was kind of...unimpressed. Chimchar evolved, something I didn't think was absolutely necessary. It would have been better if it kicked ass as a little Chimchar, but OK, evolve it, make the fanboys giggle.

Paul won, we all knew that was going to happen. He won kind of...easily, IMO.

Now that I've seen this in English, first off:

-MONFERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO = LOL NARM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    -Now that Monferno has done all of one battle since it evolved, I can tolerate it more because it's not stealing the spotlight. That "privilege" belongs to Grotle.
    -I just really hope it doesn't become Infernape and pleases the fanboys more. That's just...again, unnecessary...>_>

This was a fanboy-centric episode. People are breeding fan dumb with this show, and where there's fan dumb, you'll find me, beating up some loud-mouthed, ignorant little 12 year-old brat who thinks Charizard is the most cash thing on the planet. Admittedly, he'd help in this battle, but he alone probably wouldn't do much.
    Well i aggre with you 100% even with ur Grotle comment im not sure if u ment it though

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • This episode was awesome. Chimchar evolves, Team Rocket wasn't a pain, and epic Pokemon battles are fun to watch.

"Ursaring's offense was raised...Oh, who cares?"
    I finally see why everybody calls Ash an idiot...<< Not just that, the guy had absolutely no strategy. Does his team even know any defensive/stat moves?

I also like how we couldn't see his face at the end...

One question, though. This was a 6 on 6 battle, right? So where the heck was Grotle?

Rating: 10/10!! :)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    - Ouch, Pikachu was burnt
    - Oh wow, cool dub music when Pikachu uses Thunderbolt o.O
    - "Ursaring just raised it's Offensive and Defence...aww, who cares?" LOL Ash, that's terrible XD
    - He's randomly sending out Pikachu against Torterra...
    - Ouch, Hammer Arm in the stomach o.O
    - When Pikachu fainted in the water, I was expecting Ash to yell "NOOOOOOO!" XDDDDDDDD
    - Bwahaha, Paul got Mach Punch'd...from a distance :P
    - Ouch, Mach Punch in the stomach, they keep punching each other in the stomach...
    - Paul's hair moved XD

Music kept: (6)

Satoshi's Battle Decision
    When Buizel comes out
    DP Gym Battle
    Buizel is returned (like how it's the movie 10 version of the DP Gym battle, which was just used XD)
    RSE Team Aqua/Magma battle
    Monferno loses

One question, though. This was a 6 on 6 battle, right? So where the heck was Grotle?

Didn't he get knocked out last episode? I can't remember XD

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I know this is a bit off topic, but I missed the previous episode and the beginning of this episode due to not knowing that they changed the time Pokemon was on. Also, my digital cable guide said 7:30 but it was on at 7:00. Does anyone know if that's the time Pokemon is now on Saturday mornings on CN or has it been fluctuating a little?

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Yes! Monferno! XD

It's a shame Ash lost, though.

Sunflorazumarill said:
    know this is a bit off topic, but I missed the previous episode and the beginning of this episode due to not knowing that they changed the time Pokemon was on. Also, my digital cable guide said 7:30 but it was on at 7:00. Does anyone know if that's the time Pokemon is now on Saturday mornings on CN or has it been fluctuating a little?

Pokemon's new air time on CN is 7:00AM/6:00c. It was going to air at 7:30, but CN made a last second change.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009

Seriously, Ash never uses any strategy. I never see he use any Stat Effecting moves.
    It's all Rush Rush Rush.

- Bwahaha, Paul got Mach Punch'd...from a distance :P

Haha that part made me laugh.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • "Ursaring just raised his attack and defense... ah, who cares"
    That's sad.

I must admit, however, the episode was epic and one of the best episodes so far. It's funny, however, that a little Chimchar took down Ursaring. Ash needs to develop a better strategy too. Well, he actually has no strategy. It's a shame that Ash lost, even though Paul is a better trainer.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I saw the episode on YouTube (it was probably taken down by now), but I didn't watch any Diamond and Pearl so I didn't understand what was happening entirely. It was a very good episode, but if this was the "best," I wonder how the "okay" episodes of Diamond and Pearl would be. I still like battles and I do not like Pokémon contests though.

I wonder what would happen if Ash was allowed to use his Charizard and Sceptile.

Paul had an information edge becasue he knew what Pokémon Ash would use because he restricted his choices. If Ash had access to all his Pokémon, he would have more possible choices for strategy and more power, so it would be harder for Paul to assemble a strategy to face them.

Years
  • Hi,

Nice Post. Thanks for sharing a piece of amazing information. Besides this, We have created the ultimate disposable vape device that will give you the cigarette-like experience while reducing the harmful chemicals with only 4 ingredients. We have various types of flavors like mango, chocolate, grapes, and many more. To know more about mango ice disposable vape, please visit us.

Back