• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV's

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
  • Read the Advanced Trainer's Guide/Pokemon Profile stickied thread.

EVs:
    "In Ruby/Sapphire, stats growth are calculated by EV. You get a hidden amount of EV for every opponent you battle. Every Pokemon gives a different amount of EV in different categories. For example, a Zigzagoon gives you EV +1 in speed, while a Spinda gives EV +1 in sp.att. 4 points of EV means +1 in stats for that category. However, you can only get up to 512 EV, meaning maximizing only 2 category out of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Def and Speed. So you must choose who to battle. Now that you're at lvl 100, even if you don't have any EV growth, you can still KO anyone. So choose which area of EV to improve on, and choose your opponents wisely. Train for hours until you get an effort ribbon (meaning that your EV has been maximized). Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila... There's a more detailed guide regarding this concept in the RSE FAQ."

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • EV is always at work, and increases your stats depending on how much EVs you got. It goes into effect whenever you level up (or whenever you do the box trick). We always say that EV works best at lvl 100, because it's easiest to picture the effect of EVs at lvl 100. At lvl 100, 4 point of EV for a stat equates to 1 point increase of stats, and this is the "ratio" in which EVs affect stats. It's just easier for calculation purposes at lvl 100, plus you will have to be at lvl 100 anyway if you ever want to competitive battle.

Years
  • I know that, But here is my Dilema I am EV training my Ninjask, Attack then Speed after get 152 of each I was gonna hit the Elite 4 for the rest of my levels? Will that work correctlly?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Shadowed Ending said:
    I know that, But here is my Dilema I am EV training my Ninjask, Attack then Speed after get 152 of each I was gonna hit the Elite 4 for the rest of my levels? Will that work correctlly?
    You'll be absorbing all those EVs that you get from the Elite 4 Pokemon... Because you can get a max of 510 EVs, (255 max in each stats) and you haven't reached this limit yet. After you reach the limit of 510 EVs in total and obtained the effort ribbon, you can train however you want.

Years
  • I used 10 Carbos and 10 Protein to start then I am training 152 in each stat.. who will give me the effort Ribbon on FR LG?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well you still got 4 EV to get o.o; and effort ribbon is obtainable in Slateport I believe... *haven't played ingame for too long*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • That I'm not sure... as I never finished FRLG, and not htat I'm that fond of ingame stuff anyway... I don't think that it exists, as I tried to check for that ribbon/item in various FAQs and none of them got any results in ctrl+F.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • yes you can... even in Pokemon Colosseum, you can EV train I believe... that one I'm not so certain, as most people will usually grab a ditto or something else to breed again on top of that in order to get some more desirable egg moves.

But as long as you're fighting "something" outside of link battles/union room, you get EVs. Ingame trainers, elite 4s and so on, you get EVs.

Years
  • kk Just making sure, I finally have Ninjask up high enough to us Macho Brace so Altering Cave will be quick to do for speed EV's

Back