• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ew, you eat meat? We can't be friends. BYE!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Please answer all the questions below.

What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    What made you choose that?
    Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed?
    Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?
    Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle?

Zet

Years
  • I eat meat, fruits and vegetables. I like to have a balanced diet so I can get all my daily requirements.

I'm fine with someone choosing a diet different to mine, even friends but I'm not going to order a big sloppy meat filled burger and eat it in front of them. That would be just rude and annoying to them and I wouldn't like it if I was a vegetarian .

But what I don't like is when a vegan tries to force their diet on me, calling me a monster and a murderer for eating meat.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between? What made you choose that?: I'm an omnivore because I want to have a balance between meat, veggies and fruit.
    Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed?: No, never have.
    Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?: No. I respect their decision.
    Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? : No, I haven't done that, and I don't think I ever will.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I'll do bold, paste, answer question this time since you asked for it. xD

What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?

I am an omnivorous. Though I prefer meat to vegetable, lol, i still enjoy plenty of fruits and veggies. ^__^

Technically, I was born into an omnivorous family. xD But I like meat to much to give it up, and I know veggies are necessary, so I won't give them up either. xD Plus, meat is pretty expensive, lol.

I have never tried. xD

Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you?

Only if they criticize me for my diet. If they live and let live, I will live and let live. ^__^ Even then, I wouldn't hold it against them or anything.

Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle?
    Nah, I don't mainly because A) My diet is a...don't wanna say normal one, but you get what I mean and B) I don't wanna seem like I am forcing it on anyone. :\

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    I'm an omnivore.

I was just born into an omnivorous family eating omnivorous meals and I don't have any real desire to change.

Nah, I've never tried. Again, never really wanted to.

I wasn't aware that people could take issue with such a little thing!

Nah. I don't care what other people eat and I don't think other people care what I eat, so I'm not interested in trying to 'convert' people or anything along those lines.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between?
    I'm an omnivore.

The vast majority of my family are omnivorous, and I don't have any desire to change.

Nope.

Not at all, the thought is absurd.

I press my lifestyle onto a vegetarian friend of mine who presses hers on mine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    It used to be that I only ate chicken and fish and didn't eat beef or pork because I didn't digest them too well (and I really hate pork), but now I eat beef on occasion. However, I still don't eat pork. I'd like to go back to not eating beef just for dietary reasons, though. There's really no categorization here haha.

I'm totally open to a vegan diet but I don't know how long I could stick with it. I think I would miss chicken and cheese waaaay too much. Maybe one day, I dunno.

And really, I don't care if people eat meat, don't eat meat, are vegans or whatever. I'd never press my, um, diet on them and I would hope that they wouldn't do that to me. We can all get along~~

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Omnivore.
    Nothing, it was something that just happens, I suppose.
    No.
    No.
    Nope.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I'm a carbitarian omnomnomnivore.

I like seafood. Also, everyone I know is an omnivore so it just seems natural.

The closest I've ever come to "trying to be a vegetarian" was for a few months I just happened to not eat red meat at all, but I didn't really try to do that. Just didn't feel like red meat.

No, I didn't even know there were people that were like that. o.o

See answer to previous question. :p
    Well, I guess about being excited about it and wanting people to try, I do sometimes tell people they should try seafood / spicy food / fancy breads because I have those all the time and it upsets me that people don't enjoy such delicious things. </3

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm a vegetarian quite simply because I love animals. I couldn't see the difference between eating my adorable pet or another animal.

I don't press my diet onto other people, in fact I don't' even tell anyone unless the situation calls for it.

One thing that does annoy me is when someone who eats meat start going on about how much they adore animals. And of course the obvious annoyance, being told that I'm crazy/wrong.

herp derp cows everywhere will start revolution take over the planet
    herp derp lions eat zebras it is part of nature
    herp derp you will get sick and unhealthy

Years
    I'm a vegetarian who eats eggs and things made with eggs, but I hardly consume any dairy.

For starters, I never ate some meat, like any seafood because it didn't agree with me. Then I was introduced to the facts of how meat is made and how the whole process of creating one pound of meat requires many times the resources of what it takes to produce a pound of plant-based foods. It seemed wasteful. On top of that I did not like how many livestock animals were being treated.

I tried to go vegan for a short while, but gave up on that since I came to the conclusion that I consider eggs, honey, and to a lesser extent, milk as foods that don't harm animals (ideally) and aren't wasteful because the animals can keep producing them.

Only with people who *have* to have meat in their meals and get whiny if they don't. Like, seriously, you can go without it for one meal.

I don't tell people they have to be like me, but I respond honestly and unashamedly if any asks me about why. If anyone tries to tell me that my diet choices are wrong then the gloves will come off.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Omnivore with carnivorous leanings.

Both sides of my family are pretty much the same way.

I never really had any interest in becoming vegetarian or vegan to begin with.

I've known my fair share of vegetarians and vegans, and I've gotten along with most of them quite well. Their dietary choices don't matter to me, just as mine don't matter to them.

I only impose my dietary choices onto others when others try to impose theirs onto me. Dietary choices certainly are not carte blanche to be a self-righteous prick.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm definitely an omnivore. Having a balance of tastes is a big part of my diet, and having various sources of vitamins and other important substances, like protein. I don't think I've tried to be anything else. My diet is fine the way it is.

I really don't see how it would be harder to associate with people who have a different diet. I don't really care if they're purely carnivorous or a vegan. I do not press my dieting ideals to others, that's being annoying. If anything, I'll suggest a certain dish they might like, but not like a complete dieting plan.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Omnivore. It gives you a lot of variety and it can be most healthy. And really I have never known anyone's diet and they and me don't care at all.

Years

Omnivore. I love my veggies and I love my meat. Can't take either of them away from me. ;___; I'm a product of my upbringing -- my parents made balanced meals that included meat.

No. I've no desire to go vegetarian. I enjoy meat too much.

Nah. Everyone's got their different reasons for their diets. If I had to eat just vegetarian or vegan stuff for awhile because that's who I was eating with, I'd do it, as long as it wasn't long-term. It won't kill me.

Since I'm in the majority, basically, I don't push my diet onto anyone. Again, everyone's got their different reasons for their diets and I respect that. Also I don't like being pushy about anything.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • What are you? Vegan? Vegetarian? An omnivore? A carnivore? Somewhere in between? Carnivore. I do eat vegetables but not often, but I'd say I eat much more meat than I eat vegetables.
    What made you choose that? idk
    Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed? I've never tried to be a vegan, and I don't think I ever will.
    Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you? Personally no, but there is a fairly strict vegan girl in my school who just can't stand anybody eating meat. (she's a self-proclaimed member of PETA, so I'm hardly even surprised)
    Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? No. Look above for someone who does care, though.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'm personally an omnivore, because screw being picky I want food. >=L Eating lobster in particular makes me uncomfortable though, as does veil. I've tried to be a vegetarian a couple of times, mostly when I was younger, but I failed. I honestly don't care about people's eating habbits unless it's about allergies.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
    Ew, you eat meat? We can't be friends. BYE!!!!

What made you choose that? I like meat

Have you tried to be one of the others, but failed? Yep

Do you find it hard to associate with people who choose a different type of diet than you? Nope

Do you press your diet onto others, whether because you're just excited about it and want them to try, or are genuinely disgusted by their lifestyle? I ain't got no issue with others people way of living as long as they ain't trying to force it upon me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I guess I'd say I'm an omnivore. I eat meat and I eat vegetables and I've never really put a lot of thought into why that is. It's just how I was raised.

I've more recently considered trying veganism, more for the health side of it than anything else, but I doubt I'd be incredibly successful at it. It's way too hard in my current living situation where my mother does the food shopping.

As to whether I find it difficult to associate with others that choose a different diet to you, I didn't know that was a thing lol. There are so many things that separate people, but I never considered the notion that what somebody chooses to eat might be one of them :/

Back