• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX Ruby & Saphire Energies question

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2014
    Hi,

So i am a little confused.
    I have a bunch of energy cards from the EX Ruby and Saphire base set. The symbol is like an octagon. Most of these energy cards are not from the e-series but some are.

The cards that are NOT from the e-series have EITHER the date 2003, 2004, or 2005 on them.

So i have 3 questions. Did they produce the base set energy cards in all 3 years?
    And did they also produce an eseries set?
    Can someone point me to a reference i can read about all of this?

thanks in advance

Years
    Theme decks from all 3 years included prints of energy as being from EX: Ruby & Sapphire. Somewhere along the line, they phased out using the e-Series symbol on the energies they printed for these decks (EX: Ruby & Sapphire was an e-Series set with the barcodes for the e-Reader device for the GBA included on most of the cards). As far as I'm aware, they are all legitimate cards.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2014
    ok thanks.

one other question, I have a bunch of cards from the EX series as both ecards and non ecards. Did they produce the non ecards after the ecard series or at the same time?

Years
    Would you mind taking a picture of an example and uploading them as an attachment to you next post? I'm trying to get an idea of what you're talking about when you mean you have some cards as both an eCard and a non-eCard. I have a guess, but the answer depends on which cards they are.

Back