• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excadrill or Krookodile?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Basically I want my white team to be as versitile type-wise as possible, and I don't really want two ground types on my team. -_- So any pointers as to which is the best/funnest to use in game would be muchly appreciated! :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I would Excadrill, those things are just beasty, attack and speed wise, they can pretty much destroy anything and evolve pretty early at Lv31. Sandile doesn't evolve until Lv29 then again at 40,

tl;dr Excadrill > Krookodile.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • do Krookodile, trust me, once it gets around final evo........ freaking bada**

Also, it helps against Shaundal and Caitlin with Crunch

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I have them both on my teams, they're both badasses.

Krook has the possibility of learning Dark, Ground, Dragon, Rock, and Fighting type moves with some random ones like Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Grass Knot and the elemental fangs.

While Exca stays mostly towards the Rock and Ground side of things. It can also learn Brick Break, X Scissor, Aerial Ace, Sludge Bomb... just to name a few.

Pick one depending on the rest of your teams' weaknesses. Also, if you look at their base stats, Krookodile actually has higher speed AND attack.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I went with Krookodile because he is a beast when he evolves. He is really strong, he can survive a lot of attacks, and it is fast.

MoonPoke

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
  • I would prefer Krookodile if you play non-competitive battle, and Excadrill for competitive. Excadrill is weaker in defensive style compare to Krookodile, but it has massive attack (if you have a Excardrill with Sand Rush ability, it will be deathly in a sandstorm since its speed increases)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Pick one depending on the rest of your teams' weaknesses. Also, if you look at their base stats, Krookodile actually has higher speed [S-HIGHLIGHT]AND attack.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Eh what. Exadrill's ATT is 135, while Krookodile's is only 117 lol.

OT: They're both good. I've tried both and it really doesn't matter which one you pick, no matter what your team is. Both are absolute beasts and will benefit your team equally, really.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Take my adivce I go to the Smogon In-Game Tier list everyday.

Excadrill
    Excadrill as a awesome defensive typing, only beat by Fighting, Water and Ground. It's Steel typing let's it be Immune to Poison which is helpful. Excadrill has awesome Base HP while pretty decent Defensive Bulk. Excadrill has the inferior ability, both only activating when Sand Storm is up. As a Drillbur, it isn't much useful until Lvl 19 when it gets Dig. With Dig you have a 80BP STAB move you can take advantage with because Drillbur has 85 Base Atk. Then it will get a Set-Up Move, Hone Claws, that increases your Acc. and Atk by one Stage. The next noticable move is Rock Slide at Lvl 29, and with one Hone Claws it will be a
    112BP move with more then 100%. Then it evolves into Excadrill at Level 31 with amazing Stats (110/135/ 60/ 50/ 65/ 88). Then gets Earthquake at Level 36, oh and don't forget about Excadrill's Def. Typing + Bulk! With that you can easily get a Hone Claws in and make that 100BP EQ (150 with STAB) into a 150BP move (225 with STAB) The last noticable move is Swords Dance at Level 42. Sandstorm is pretty decent, as it can be a psuedo Agility with Sand Rush.

Potentional Set: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Metal Claws/Sandstorm, Swords Dance

Crookodile
    Crookodile has the superior ability of the two, and the amazing In-Game ability Moxie. Every Crookodile should have Moxie on it, because it will allow you to get a +1 Atk. boost for every Pokemon you defeat, wow! As a Sandile, it's only noticable attack is Assurance, but since Sandile and it's evolution's have pretty decent Speed, you will rarely get the 150BP (with STAB) Assurance. You an get TM 28 (Dig) from Route 4, so it can use that as a main STAB move. It gets Crunch at Level 28, right before evolution. Once it evolves into Krokorok, it gets nothing good by Level up until it evolves at Level 40. As a Crookodile, it gets Earthquake at Level 54 and Outrage at Level 60. Crookodile has pretty good Base Stats (95/117/ 70/ 65/ 70/ 92) with a Higher Def, Sp.Def and Speed as Excadrill

Tl;dr: Excadrill is better early/mid game. While Crookodile is better after game.

Back