• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EXP Issue I'm getting

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
Years
  • heyey,
    i don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I add code for a Ghost to the Pokebattle_Battle script, my pokémon stop gaining exp. when I remove the added code, they still won't get any exp.
    Only when I replace the whole script with the one unedited from the demo, it will work fine again.
    Do you know what the problem could be? oO

~flipy

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    It's your script... There are no other answers... Isn't the script you are trying to use on the Wiki, if you follow it completely, you should get what you want... Although this effect is not hard to acomplish... If you are still having trouble with the script in future, you may have to scrap it and find a new way to get this effect.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
    Years
  • I followed the instructions on the wiki. I only added at the parts where it needed. I hadn't modified anything else in the script. I was just wondering why the exp gaining breaks if I add a condition which only returns true if a switch is on oO
    The error appeared first time in version 8. all the previous versions work fine oO

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The code in the tutorial wasn't displaying properly. There should be an underscore in $game_switches.

Exp gain is a bit buggy in version 8. Just ignore it until version 8.1 (or 9, I'm not sure how to number it) comes out.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
    Years
  • yeah I know how it works don't worry, I was just wondering why then the Exp gaining is disapearing, as soon as I enter any code to the script and the removing of the code won't fix this issue. So thanks to you two for the fast help (:

Back