• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Experience Share

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    something i found while playing through Y again was that it doesn't really level up that evenly. By the end of the game my pokemon were lv 55-73, even with swapping first position and a little grinding. For the first time i actually had to pay attention to how quickly pokemon level up, like Bravary take longer to level so it ended up as being the weakest in the end and training it up meant my Espeon leveled higher than i wanted it to. So the exp share ended up hurting me in that regard. While it's a cool new feature for newer players and works well with the right team, it's not always a blessing.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    This isn't exactly new. All of my fellow Veteran Pokemon trainers would remember the old experience share. Since I've had both the hold-able item version and the spread all version I can say that I don't mind either. Although the spread all Exp Share is great for a game like Pokemon X or Y because i't is incredibly easy to level up and i makes team building ALOT easier. The hold-able item is better for games like Diamond and Pearl because of the nature of the game. If that makes sense.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I like it. It is best for raising many Pokemon at once, but honestly should've saved it for later in the game than release it early on or increase the game difficulty to compensate. I know, turn it off if you want a more challenging experience, but EXP share or not the game is still easy since unlike past gen, any pokemon that get's sent out even for a moment will get 100% of the experience rather than splitting it equally among participants.

Years
    grinding? What's that? I love XP share, and pokemon that level up from it. It makes things more convenient for me than having to waste time steadily grinding (insert pokemon name here) until odd hours of the night to face whatever the game may bring forth

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I bought my first 3DS and Pokemon X a week ago, I am not even in the pokemon league. So far, I loved this new exp share system. It gives much more dynamics.

Sometimes it turns the game kinda easy (I mean, the leaf gym was too f%$# easy with mega 40ish pkmns), but nothing to ruin the fun.

I guess they focused the game on the story, new features and the multiplayer stuff.

Years
    I wish there were both "versions" of the Exp. Share, the Key item and the held item.

Exp. All is very useful, no doubt, but sometimes I miss the more selective held item which allows for more customization, so to speak.

Years
    Being someone who loves grinding anything and everything, the experience share was much appreciated, though probably quite cheap to be honest...Took advantage of it though by constantly switching all 6 members of my party into the battle when I know that there will be a significant amount of experience given. I've never played any previous Pokemon games, but my friends have told me about the difference in experience gaining and it's definitely easier to level the Pokemon this generation than previous ones. Whether in Pokemon or in another RPG, I favour party members receiving 100% of the experience, rather than dividing it.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    i have mixed feelings about the new exp share... in the aspect of grinding its a dream tool, but it makes a game that is already easy, too easy.

for example, it took me almost two years to get the amount of lv.100 Pokemon in platinum that i have right now in Y. so yea, too easy

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I love it. It's made training a lot easier; it should have been this way all along. In previous games, I would struggle to keep all my Pokémon at the same level. This time around, though, I didn't have to try. :] Those who don't like this Exp. Share could always disable it. I mean, there's an option for it, so why not?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I really like the new Exp.share, I don't remember having to grind and for the first time playing the game maybe it does kind of ruining the difficulty, but it let's you enjoy the story line of the game without having to stop and waste a lot of time grinding.

Years
    I was way overleveled during the 2nd trainer battle with Exp share, my pokemon didn't obey me. He was level 36 on the 2nd trainer badge battle. i had an blastoise. I had to turn it off, so he stopped receiving any more experience, and let other pokemons solo level. I will turn it off again when he hits 40, just because the 2nd badge only works up for pokemon lvl 40. -.-

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I like it and don't like it at the same time.

It makes the story run way too easy, so I turned it off very quickly. However post game it's very useful when you don't want the hassle.

I think during the story they should have given you the old exp share and then upgraded it to the new one after you defeated the champion.

(Even without exp share on I don't remember ever having to grind, I'm very good at levelling up a team evenly so it was no problem having exp share off)

Back