• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explore The World~ Flying Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Explore The Worldd~

The Flying Pokemon Club.
tumblr_mbafmuPYxh1qlpahho1_500.jpg

Rules

Follow all Club Rules, and all other PC Rules will apply.
No spamming/flaming/trolling/baiting.
Be as active as possible and have fun!
You can choose the shiny but provide the sprite please!

Sign-up

Name:
Partner Pokemon:
Nickname of Partner Pokemon:
Answer the current topic!

Partner Pokemon

charizard.png
butterfree.png
pidgey.png
pidgeotto.png
pidgeot.png
spearow.png
fearow.png
zubat.png
golbat.png
crobat.png
farfetchd.png
doduo.png
dodrio.png
scyther.png
gyarados.png
aerodactyl.png
articuno.png
zapdos.png
moltres.png
dragonite.png
ledyba.png
ledian.png
togetic.png
togekiss.png
natu.png
xatu.png
hoppip.png
skiploom.png
jumpluff.png
yanma.png
yanmega.png
murkrow.png
honchkrow.png
gligar.png
gliscor.png
delibird.png
mantyke.png
mantine.png
skarmory.png
lugia.png
ho-oh.png
beautifly.png
taillow.png
swellow.png
wingull.png
pelipper.png
masquerain.png
ninjask.png
Spr_5b_127.png
swablu.png
altaria.png
tropius.png
salamence.png
rayquaza.png
starly.png
staravia.png
staraptor.png
mothim.png
combee.png
vespiquen.png
drifloon.png
drifblim.png
chatot.png
rotom-fan.png
shaymin-sky.png
pidove.png
tranquill.png
unfezant.png
woobat.png
swoobat.png
sigilyph.png
archen.png
archeops.png
ducklett.png
swanna.png
emolga.png
rufflet.png
braviary.png
vullaby.png
mandibuzz.png
tornadus-incarnate.png
tornadus-therian.png
landorus-incarnate.png
landorus-therian.png
thundurus-incarnate.png
thundurus-therian.png
fletchling.png
fletchinder-png.3870
talonflame_by_chrischai7990-d6i1lyd.png
scratch_vivillon_pokemon_sprite_by_ozone_o3-d68o7uk.png
hawlucha.png
714.gif
noivern_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6pq1h6.png
Yveltal.png

♚ If you make 10 posts in this club over time, you can add a second partner Pokémon.

Members

[supporter]Avishka[/supporter]
144MS.png

CloysterOyster
715.png

[supporter]Zeratul [/supporter]
249.png

Sheep
334MS.png

Lilith
663.png

[supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]
468MS.png

Olli
016.png

Dragon_Trainer_
334MS.png

Nymphadora
227MS.png

Venitardus
169MS.png

Topics

Anyone can start a new topic. New club members, feel free to answer any past topics that interest you
Why do You Like Flying Pokemon?
Which is your favorite Flying Pokemon?
Who is your Favorite flying-Type Gym Leader?
Which flying type do you think suits the Christmas theme?
What flying type would you like to see get a mega evolution?

Banner & Usebars

Feel free to make some!~ <3

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Name: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Noivern
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: n/a
Answer the current topic: Can't say I have a favorite Flying-type, but I do fancy the Kanto legendary birds and Lugia and Ho-Oh as well.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Name: Zeratul <3

Partner Pokemon: Mai lovely Lugia
249.png
:>

Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Hm... Can I call it Blue Marshmellow? It's blue and white, after all. :>

Why Do You Like Flying Pokemon?

Well, I like Fly-Types because they are one of the majestic Types. Seriously though, which Flying-Type is not majestic? (You probably can catch me out) They also have some great moves! Some like Air Cutter, which the animation is amazing (it really is!) and Brave Bird just looks pure cool in X/Y. I wish it was like that in previous games, although I doubt it would be possible due to the hardware limitations. :< There's also some cuute ones like Pidgey, and some look all speedy and that like Scyther, he is a Flying-Type right? :x

It would have to be my favorite Flying-Type, my Blue Marshy! <3 His wings are amazing, his eyes are amazing, his colors are amazing, everything about him is. He's also a Gen II legendary, and he's the master of the trio of the legendary birds! A true Flying-Type if you say to me. It also knows Aeroblast. Now, this thing looked AMAZING in HG/SS and B2/W2, so I can't absolutely wait to see it in X/Y. Who knows what it looks like? 0_0;

Years
Name: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Such a hard choice but may I please have a (shiny) Altaria? :D
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Melody

This is the only topic I can answer for now since I have assignments to do but I adore Altaria, Jumpluff, Emolga, Vivillon, Skarmory, Xatu, Ho-Oh, Pidgeot.. very difficult choice. They're all elegant in their own ways and the flying-type shinies are probably my very favorites. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of the Fly HM but as far as Pokemon designs go these guys are at the top. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Name: Lilith
Partner Pokemon: Talonflame

So why do some people like birds? Birds can fly! Whoosh! Majestic!

Oh bother. I adore too many flying type Pokemon: Pidgeot, Aerodactyl, Xatu, Crobat, Yanmega, Skarmory, Gliscor, Togetic/Togekiss, Honchkrow, Swellow, Altaria, Masquerain, Salamence, Staraptor, Talonflame, and Noivern. I'm fond of Articuno, Lugia, Ho-oh, Skymin, and Yveltal as well. How's a bird lover to decide?!

Years
I was in the last Flying Club so yeah gonna join again why not?

Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Togekiss

Answer the current topic: I have so many fave Flying-types, mainly due to their speed, power and many roles they can perform in battle, not to mention it's the only type to have been paired with every other type as far as dual-typings go. Notable faves of this type: Togekiss (very cute and I love that she's part-Fairy now), Staraptor (my fave early regional bird due to its sheer power and speed), Talonflame (who doesn't love a fiery birdy?), Yanmega, Vivillon, Altaria, Honchkrow, Sigilyph and Noivern.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the club guys! :D <3

Name: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Noivern
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: n/a
Answer the current topic: Can't say I have a favorite Flying-type, but I do fancy the Kanto legendary birds and Lugia and Ho-Oh as well.
you are first one to join good job! :P
I really like HO-oh it's just colorful and the design is just awesome <33

Name: Zeratul <3

Partner Pokemon: Mai lovely Lugia
249.png
:>

Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Hm... Can I call it Blue Marshmellow? It's blue and white, after all. :>

Well, I like Fly-Types because they are one of the majestic Types. Seriously though, which Flying-Type is not majestic? (You probably can catch me out) They also have some great moves! Some like Air Cutter, which the animation is amazing (it really is!) and Brave Bird just looks pure cool in X/Y. I wish it was like that in previous games, although I doubt it would be possible due to the hardware limitations. :< There's also some cuute ones like Pidgey, and some look all speedy and that like Scyther, he is a Flying-Type right? :x

It would have to be my favorite Flying-Type, my Blue Marshy! <3 His wings are amazing, his eyes are amazing, his colors are amazing, everything about him is. He's also a Gen II legendary, and he's the master of the trio of the legendary birds! A true Flying-Type if you say to me. It also knows Aeroblast. Now, this thing looked AMAZING in HG/SS and B2/W2, so I can't absolutely wait to see it in X/Y. Who knows what it looks like? 0_0;
yeah Scyther is a flying type...i was copying every flying type sprite yesterday so..:P
i gotta agree with you some lying type look awesome ( like Articuno imo). I wish all the older generation games get the animation of X/Y..if they do get updated...i'll become a huge huge fan of the games <3 and play them a lot.
the pink color of shiny lugia is just amazing i really like it <3...it just looks awesome with the eyes and the eyes...are just AMAZING <33

Name: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Such a hard choice but may I please have a (shiny) Altaria? :D
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Melody

This is the only topic I can answer for now since I have assignments to do but I adore Altaria, Jumpluff, Emolga, Vivillon, Skarmory, Xatu, Ho-Oh, Pidgeot.. very difficult choice. They're all elegant in their own ways and the flying-type shinies are probably my very favorites. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of the Fly HM but as far as Pokemon designs go these guys are at the top. :)
You can get shiny Altaria Sheep..i'll update my post about the shiny forms thanks :D
The colors of the shines pokemon are awesome..i really like the shiny lugia <33

Name: Lilith
Partner Pokemon: Talonflame

So why do some people like birds? Birds can fly! Whoosh! Majestic!

Oh bother. I adore too many flying type Pokemon: Pidgeot, Aerodactyl, Xatu, Crobat, Yanmega, Skarmory, Gliscor, Togetic/Togekiss, Honchkrow, Swellow, Altaria, Masquerain, Salamence, Staraptor, Talonflame, and Noivern. I'm fond of Articuno, Lugia, Ho-oh, Skymin, and Yveltal as well. How's a bird lover to decide?!
aand also because BIRDS can explore the worlddd~ :P
Lol flying type has so many varieties of Pokemon it's difficult to choose a fave flying types

I was in the last Flying Club so yeah gonna join again why not?

Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Togekiss

Answer the current topic: I have so many fave Flying-types, mainly due to their speed, power and many roles they can perform in battle, not to mention it's the only type to have been paired with every other type as far as dual-typings go. Notable faves of this type: Togekiss (very cute and I love that she's part-Fairy now), Staraptor (my fave early regional bird due to its sheer power and speed), Talonflame (who doesn't love a fiery birdy?), Yanmega, Vivillon, Altaria, Honchkrow, Sigilyph and Noivern.
Togekiss is part fairy now? :O i didn't knew that ... ;-;

Last edited:
Years

I can argue that they're one of the most elegant Pokemon (just like the CSS in the club, hehe<3) with beautiful Pokemon like Altaria, Pidgeot, Togekiss, Swanna... and lots more. They're a type I feel deserves a lot more love. Plus they have some really great moves, my favorite being Acrobatics because who doesn't love 110 base power when the user isn't holding an item?

And now it's time for me to drop off a complimentary picture for your viewing pleasure. n_n

Spoiler:

All credit to lynxgriffin on deviantART.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey

Eh, it's kinda hard to say, because I feel like my liking to Flying type isn't really that general to Flying types and the characteristics they share, but more because I really like a lot of the Pokemon that are Flying types. I mean, generally speaking, Flying types are pretty weak, and a lot of people use them solely as ones to carry them around, and ditch them for major battles. But due to keeping a tradition of always catching the starter bird within every region and anchoring it to my main team, I've grown to take a liking to a large percentage of the Flying type Pokemon just from that. That, combined with a bunch of other Flying type Pokemon that I've used and loved, as well as how I'm biased to pretty much any Pokemon based on birds, it's hard not to say that I like Flying types. But there's not really anything general that's really caused my to favour them as much as I do :p

I gotta agree with Sheep though, the designs of Flying type Pokemon are generally based around elegance and beauty, which makes sense considering how a lot of them are based on birds, and that's some of the main characteristics of birds. They often have a large variety of colours (especially Ho-oh, jeez!), and generally just have appealing designs, which definitely plays a role too. But again, I wouldn't really generalize all of the Flying type Pokemon in that way, considering the typing is based on pretty much anything that flies ;p

Oh yeah, and who wouldn't want to gain the ability to fly?!

Zubat! That majestic build, those incredible base stats,; it's everything right with Pokemon, and I just wish it was more common than it is :(

I kid! Of course my favourite is Pidgey, both Flying type and overall Pokemon, and I doubt that'll ever change :p I honestly don't have much of a reason to why I really like Pidgey as much as I do, and it's one of those things, where you just can't really explain why you like something. I mean, part of the reason, and the one I usually go with, is because it was the very first Pokemon I ever caught and trained to level 100 aside from my starter, and just the fact that it was all through my own effort, it's just gained a special place in my heart. People often just take their first Pokemon for granted, because whether it's the first or the thirtieth shouldn't really matter much, should it? But it did for me, and once again, not something I can really explain why :p

I have however grown to really like the Fletchling line as well. I like seeing Fletchling grow from being such a small and cute bird to the badass that is Talonflame, and both just have a very appealing design. I also like Fletchinder, but it's kinda that awkward teenage stage of every Pokemon that's less popular than the first and the final ;) But I generally love a lot of the Flying types, so Fletchling's only really a tiny bit above any of the others :p

And now it's time for me to drop off a complimentary picture for your viewing pleasure. n_n

Spoiler:

I remember watching some short cartoon a while ago with a bunch of birds, and I'm almost certain the picture is based on that cartoon :o It's really well drawn though; I really like the variety in colour!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I can argue that they're one of the most elegant Pokemon (just like the CSS in the club, hehe<3) with beautiful Pokemon like Altaria, Pidgeot, Togekiss, Swanna... and lots more. They're a type I feel deserves a lot more love. Plus they have some really great moves, my favorite being Acrobatics because who doesn't love 110 base power when the user isn't holding an item?

Spoiler:

Flying type has some really amazing moves.
The expressions of all the Pokemon are just... awesome.

Name: Olli
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey

Eh, it's kinda hard to say, because I feel like my liking to Flying type isn't really that general to Flying types and the characteristics they share, but more because I really like a lot of the Pokemon that are Flying types. I mean, generally speaking, Flying types are pretty weak, and a lot of people use them solely as ones to carry them around, and ditch them for major battles. But due to keeping a tradition of always catching the starter bird within every region and anchoring it to my main team, I've grown to take a liking to a large percentage of the Flying type Pokemon just from that. That, combined with a bunch of other Flying type Pokemon that I've used and loved, as well as how I'm biased to pretty much any Pokemon based on birds, it's hard not to say that I like Flying types. But there's not really anything general that's really caused my to favour them as much as I do :p

I gotta agree with Sheep though, the designs of Flying type Pokemon are generally based around elegance and beauty, which makes sense considering how a lot of them are based on birds, and that's some of the main characteristics of birds. They often have a large variety of colours (especially Ho-oh, jeez!), and generally just have appealing designs, which definitely plays a role too. But again, I wouldn't really generalize all of the Flying type Pokemon in that way, considering the typing is based on pretty much anything that flies ;p

Oh yeah, and who wouldn't want to gain the ability to fly?!

Zubat! That majestic build, those incredible base stats,; it's everything right with Pokemon, and I just wish it was more common than it is :(

I kid! Of course my favourite is Pidgey, both Flying type and overall Pokemon, and I doubt that'll ever change :p I honestly don't have much of a reason to why I really like Pidgey as much as I do, and it's one of those things, where you just can't really explain why you like something. I mean, part of the reason, and the one I usually go with, is because it was the very first Pokemon I ever caught and trained to level 100 aside from my starter, and just the fact that it was all through my own effort, it's just gained a special place in my heart. People often just take their first Pokemon for granted, because whether it's the first or the thirtieth shouldn't really matter much, should it? But it did for me, and once again, not something I can really explain why :p

I have however grown to really like the Fletchling line as well. I like seeing Fletchling grow from being such a small and cute bird to the badass that is Talonflame, and both just have a very appealing design. I also like Fletchinder, but it's kinda that awkward teenage stage of every Pokemon that's less popular than the first and the final ;) But I generally love a lot of the Flying types, so Fletchling's only really a tiny bit above any of the others :p

I remember watching some short cartoon a while ago with a bunch of birds, and I'm almost certain the picture is based on that cartoon :o It's really well drawn though; I really like the variety in colour!
gotta agree..i mainly use flying types to fly..flying type pokemons are one of the weakest on my team..because i focus only on my starter.... a huge mistake imo :P
I like almost all the flying types especially the one which are small and cute then they evolve into a badass looking and strong Pokemon... <3 ♥

time for a new topic.... Who is your Favorite flying-Type Gym Leader?

Years

Skyla definitely, I love how she has that cool airplane theme to her Gym and the fact she flies a plane and everything. Ahhh she's so amazing and it's quite a fun occupation for a Flying Gym Leader.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Name: Dragon_Trainer_
Partner Pokemon: Altaria
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: No nickname
Answer the current topic!:
I love Winona! She has style, class, leadership quality, everything! I fell in love with my favorite Pokemon Altaria when I first battled her in Sapphire! I immediately began loving all Flying type Pokemon due to their ability to Fly high without any worries and feel the sweet wind on their faces. I'd love to experience that sometime!
There you have it! All your questions answered at the same time! :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Dragon_Trainer_
Partner Pokemon: Altaria
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: No nickname
Answer the current topic!: I love Winona! She has style, class, leadership quality, everything! I fell in love with my favorite Pokemon Altaria when I first battled her in Sapphire! I immediately began loving all Flying type Pokemon due to their ability to Fly high without any worries and feel the sweet wind on their faces. I'd love to experience that sometime!
There you have it! All your questions answered at the same time! :D
Welcome to the club Ritik! :)
I want to experience it too..i Mean feel the wind on my face and all ...it would just awesome :)
I haven't posted in a while...

Years
hey cloyster why are the moves colored? ~_~

Spoiler:

That is so cute! Noibat is one of my favorite new flying types. Here's another shiny fanart I found on tumblr:

Spoiler:

Falkner! I've always loved him as a character and his design was pretty great, though it saddened me how weak he was in G/S/C. Luckily he got a bit of a buff when HG/SS rolled around. He will always be the flying gym leader to me since I've fought him so many times over and he was the first flying leader we had.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Skarmory.
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Skarm.

They're amazing and make great travelling partners. As long as they know how to fly, you'd be able to get on top at any time and they could take you anywhere you want!

I have a lot, but Skarmory has definitely gotta be one of them. It's got an awesome design, and can perform pretty well competitively. It doesn't have any evolution though, which sucks. It doesn't have a pre-evolution, either... oh well, that's not really a big deal. I still love it. Aside from Skarmory, I'm a pretty big fan of Pidgeot as well, and also Staraptor. :]

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
That is so cute! Noibat is one of my favorite new flying types. Here's another shiny fanart I found on tumblr:

Spoiler:

Falkner! I've always loved him as a character and his design was pretty great, though it saddened me how weak he was in G/S/C. Luckily he got a bit of a buff when HG/SS rolled around. He will always be the flying gym leader to me since I've fought him so many times over and he was the first flying leader we had.

cute pic <3
Falkner has one of the best designs imo

Name: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Skarmory.
Nickname of Partner Pokemon: Skarm.

They're amazing and make great travelling partners. As long as they know how to fly, you'd be able to get on top at any time and they could take you anywhere you want!

I have a lot, but Skarmory has definitely gotta be one of them. It's got an awesome design, and can perform pretty well competitively. It doesn't have any evolution though, which sucks. It doesn't have a pre-evolution, either... oh well, that's not really a big deal. I still love it. Aside from Skarmory, I'm a pretty big fan of Pidgeot as well, and also Staraptor. :]
Welcome to the club Nymph! :D
I'd love to see a evolution of Skarmory it should look more bad ass.

Winona all the way! She has the best design for a flying gym leader. She has a nice team imo
I prefer Feather badge as it looks the best to me and Winona gives out my favorite flying type move aerial ace. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here is all 3 of my Flying monotype teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here is all 3 of my Flying monotype teams

Spoiler:
i really like the second team mostly bcuz some of my fave Pokemon are in that team :p

Name: Dragon_trainer_
Partner Pokemon:Altaria
Nickname of Partner Pokemon:

Do you even need a reason to love those cute winged critters? I like them cause I wanna fly one day!!
Of course it is an Altaria! It is part flying and part dragon! Both of my favourite types. To top it off, it comes from GenIII which is my favourite!

Winona! She introduced me to Altaria!
u are already in ...u don't need to apply again :)

kinda late topic but
which flying type do you think suits the Christmas theme?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which flying type do you think suits the Christmas theme?
Definitely Delibird. It was based after Santa Claus, so... yes. xD It's such an underrated Pokémon though, in my opinion, which absolutely sucks. If GameFreak had given it an evolution (or perhaps even a mega form), I'm sure it would have been a lot popular. If Delibird does end up getting an evolutionary form of sorts at some point in the future, then I hope that it gets to have a bulkier body and more beard. That way, it'd look even more like Santa. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back