• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

explorers of the sky

Did you bought and played out the 3rd version?/Sky one

• Total voters

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
Years
  • i knew that version of mystery dungeons excisted
    and so i thought id get it since i wanted a new mystery dungeon game....

then i get it and i figure out its the same thing as explorers of time and darkness...
    i had no idea, i thought it had a whole new storyline...NOT
    i guess silly me for not looking up info about it first on the internet

do you guys like the fact they made a 3rd version but then just with a few extras?

i personally think its waste of money really
    if they were planning on making a 3rd one all along they might as well of skipped making 2 versions in the first place x]

traded in the game for another because i already have explorers of time lol
    which im almost done with; got master rank, the highest
    and im almost lv 100, my partner already is

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Nope. It really annoyed me that they brought out 3 PMD games in 1 generation. They were fine with Darkness/Time for the 4th Generation. Sky should have been left for the 5th Generation along with a counterpart. I really want to see a PMD for this generation but I doubt we will tbh. :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's like they were trying to be a main game lmao. I would have liked it alright had I not gotten this game RIGHT after beating Darkness. Unlike main games, PMD is a bit less customizable. You have you and your partner and whatever you recruit, but that's still less than 6 out of usually 100 regional dex Pokemon in the main games. I think Sky is better than the first two, like most third versions are, but I made the mistake of getting it way too soon after Darkness, so I didn't even beat it or really enjoy it cause I was doing the same thing I just did. I wish it had just been the only version tbh haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I liked Sky, but I don't think it was worth making another game because there wasn't a lot that was different.

I agree with you Sydian, PMD wasn't really customizable. even if you could recruit Pokemon half the time you couldn't take them on certain missions, they wouldn't also be included in the cutscenes so they seemed kind of... idk, not really part of it sometimes.

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
    Years
  • Yeah, it's fine when they bring out a third game of the main series (i.e. Emerald, Platinum etc.) but I don't think it was worth bringing out Sky. Love the PMD games, don't get me wrong, but it didn't seem like it brought anything massively different to the games!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got Explorers of Sky and I totally enjoyed the game because of the extended storyline and features compared to Time/Darkness.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    I was expecting a new storyline, was disappointed but I got over it quick because I'd lost the cartridge for explorers of Time anyway.

Pika-D

<(*ΦωΦ*)>
    Years
  • I've played and beaten Sky at least three different times and I still enjoy it. In my opinion, it's much better than Time and Darkness. I do want to see a PMD game with Unova's pokemon though. That would be pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2012
    I honestly thought explorers of sky was a really good game,. just like the first 2 :) IMO it was better than time and darkness as the actual storyline was a little more complex... :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I did. Since I have Time & Darkness, I gave it a try. And it was great, but not at all the best.

Back