• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explosion and stuff...

champ ben

Sceptile=annoyed trainers
    Years
    last resort is an actual move :classic: explosion seems to be more powerful that self-destruct wtf?

anyway, only 1 of my pokemon in ruby have self-destruct which is... uhh...dam i forget

down with self-destruct, up with explosion! (still a last ditch move, they'll probably die with guts and blood everywhere :knockedou

Snorlax cannot, I've tried the TM on him. I hope it can learn it at the future.

soz i dont think snorlax can learn explosion in da future :rambo:

Last edited:

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I don't know if anybody pointed it out yet, but Explosion + STAB would be more than 375, because Explosion halves the defense of all Pokemon on the field, essentially doubling the power.
    Explosion's power is then 750.
    Just think, even on Aggron, a STAB Explosion still has about 187 power. That's just insane O.o

Isn't Explosion and Self Destruct pretty much the same thing?
    And pretty much, except that Self-Destruct has 250 power, Explosion has 300.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Ah, you're right.
    I knew Explosion was 50 more.
    Hm...
    That means Explosion's base power is technically 500, but is 125, 187 ish if it has STAB, power against x4 resisters like Aggron
    Still scary O.o

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Umm... Lickilicky learns it, and Smeargle learns it by Sketching... Though, Explosion doesn't need to have like "very high power", it is already powerful enough, even most Pokemon who use either at least does half damage. Really, Pokemon that are meant to use it, actually usually OHKOs a lot even without STAB.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I agree with Wolflare now.

I was battling on Shoddy and my Metagross OHKOd a Bronzong with Explosion. It's strong enough already, as long as you use it properly. :\

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah I also agree with him but here are those who love overkill.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Plus, it is a last resort move... Though, Onix in R/B/Y only can 2HKO Alakazam (one of the only Pokemon with the weakest HP and Def in R/B/Y), but now he has a much needed evo! :D

Edit: Yeah, I do agree with you Haza-Divo! It is fun to have a Pokemon that can have the highest base power move, oooooo, and even have the highest base Attack! :O

Back