• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extaliones - The Law of Retaliation

Years

• Extaliones
    [[Basicly means 'an eye for an eye'.]]

If there is a confrontation or an argument, are you one to walk away, or confront someone? If they have done wrong, do you retaliate?

This can span from being short changed when buying something, to someone trying to start a fight.

Personally, I will always confront someone if they have done wrong, regardless of the situation. I don't go in shouting or fists flying, but calmly deal with the situation. However, if someone is trying to fight a friend, I will back them up.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I typically just ignore what people do. I only will jump in on things that I am most passionate about. I will protect my friends, but I will not blindly follow them.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I will usually just ignore them or laugh it off. Nothing annoys people more than when they're trying to provoke you and instead you get a chuckle out of it.

If it's a friend who is in my place, I'll usually try to convince them not to get in a fight, as it never helps anyone. However, I would back them up if confrontation was inevitable.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    An eye for an eye implies an intention to respond to a wrong doing with a response of equal value. That is what I see wrong with it.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    That poor dog in the picture looks like he's about to get his head chewed off! O.O

And I believe the phrase "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." I generally try to avoid being involved in any type of confrontation or argument, but if it's unavoidable I'll get out of the situation as fast as possible. Arguments are different than discussions though, and if I'm having a discussion I won't mind mentioning my point. Only if the conflict is violent or childish I won't get involved.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Certain confrontations are okay for me. As you said, received the wrong change, I'll happily turn back and ask for the correct change. No aggression or anything, I'll just say so, ask for it back and be on my way.

I avoid confrontations when they're unnecessary. If someone's just trying to pick a fight, it's not worth my energy or time. I've never been in a situation where I have had to protect anyone though, so I have no idea how I would respond to such a situation.

I don't believe in revenge though. The only time I would seek to "get someone back" so to speak would be under very, very extreme circumstances where they were about to do wrong or were in the act of doing wrong again, such as killing someone where an immediate response is required.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Well, it's a dog eat dog world.

/NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

=o

I ignore and tolerate people until they very clearly drive me into a corner of some sort. At that point I have no mercy and no guilt for what I resort to doing.

My anger basically consumes me at that point. I'd say I have anger issues but it's really hard to accidentally get me into a corner. I've been physically attacked by people I wouldn't doubt would kill someone and not felt backed into a corner.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I confront someone if I believe they're doing wrong. I start off reasonable, but if they get ridiculous then so do I. I only back off if physical force is involved, thanks to British law being completely stupid when it comes to defending yourself.

Years
  • It seems like I am the only 'hot-headed' person here! XD
    It is and isn't a bad thing. I am not exactly skinny, I work out and have a rather big frame.
    So, in the scenario of someone trying to start a fight on a friend, I can hold myself very well; done so many times in the past.

Maybe that is why I get infractions on here =P
    Too quick to call someone out for being wrong.

Zet

Years
  • If I'm wrong, I apologize for my error. However, if I am right and the other person is wrong and just won't deal with the fact I give up on trying to correct them since dealing with an idiot like that is just time wasting. >.>

Years
  • I'm totally hot-headed. I just base how I treat people not on any concept of right or wrong, but on how much they make me put up with.

Fair enough. That makes sense to me =]

I don't know why, but I can get so easily annoyed by some people, it is weird.
    People who are overly loud for attention, OTT gay people. I have nothing against people who are gay at all, some of mu friends are gay, but the few who make it so OBVIOUS that it is annoying ><'

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Fair enough. That makes sense to me =]

I don't know why, but I can get so easily annoyed by some people, it is weird.
    People who are overly loud for attention, OTT gay people. I have nothing against people who are gay at all, some of mu friends are gay, but the few who make it so OBVIOUS that it is annoying ><'

They're here, they're queer, get used to it. >.<

I don't like retaliation, but I want to confront people I know if I see them doing something uncharacteristically bad. If it's a stranger just being angry today, I can put up with it. So long as there's no harm done and no old ladies involved, I can remain kind of indifferent. Kind of.

Years
  • They're here, they're queer, get used to it. >.<

I know and just to clear up, I have no problem with it.
    But I don't see how they should go around, pretty much, shouting it out!

I am straight, but I don't go around shouting at the top of my voice. "TAP THAT FIT BIRD." XD

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I know and just to clear up, I have no problem with it.
    But I don't see how they should go around, pretty much, shouting it out!

I am straight, but I don't go around shouting at the top of my voice. "TAP THAT FIT BIRD." XD

To be totally fair - there are a lot of heterosexual guys who are exactly like that. Moreso than gay people, I find. Maybe it's just my area, but if you don't see at least five guys bragging about whatever girl they bedded last night, then it's probably because the world has ended or something. :|

Desert Spirit!

The Ultimate trainer of Sinnoh
    Years
  • an eye fro an eye will make the world blind as Ghandi says. But i only get annoyed at people really easy if i really dislike them....and im a big fan of revenge and retaliation peace sometimes dont resolve anything

Last edited:
    Back