• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extremly bright colours

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    Recently I have seen increaing use of unreadible coloured text in peoples posts and profiles. For the posts it's not too bad but when viewing profiles an image is left on eyes for quite a long time afterwards.

This is not exactly user friendly and welcoming for those with impared vision and those with high sensitivty to bright light and colours.

Is there anyway perhapps of writing a modules which allows the overiding over a users styling, or even perhapps disallowing of these unreadable colours?

Regards,
    Cartmic.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Aha that sounds intersting. Really could it? I mean also posts its unbearable. But cartmic dont forget you can always hilight text and read it.

Cartmic

Years
    Aha that sounds intersting. Really could it? I mean also posts its unbearable. But cartmic dont forget you can always hilight text and read it.

Im aware of that, but thats not the point, a web page should be accessable to everyone.

Also, the same goes for users images which are rapidly moving in signatures/avatars, what if a person is prone to siezures? The smallest of flicker can set one off.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Then they don't come here. You cannot prehibit what people do, there are rules, but people don't always follow them. You also cannot ask someone to not use an image because it causes discomfort to others. I mean, to completely ban COLOURS and IMAGES so someone can occasionally come onto a forum is a bit extreme, and although I am one of those that also don't exactly like the look of some profiles, I decide to NOT LOOK AT THEM.

~T_S

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Go to your Control Panel. There is a Edit Options link, which if you scroll down should allow you to disable Signatures, Avatars and Images. Hope that helps.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Your are going extreme your self, im saying, disallow animations, or at least have a moderation system to check them first. Then for the certain offending colours prevent their use.

There is an article on accessibily here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_accessibility

I'm going extreme? "or at least have a MODERATION SYSTEM TO CHECK THEM FIRST"

You expect the Admins/Mods on PC to constantly check through all the signatures of all the users on PC to check for little blinking lights that possibly won't even be removed anyway? And preventing use of...colours? And I'm being exteme?

~T_S

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    You are being rude, mainly. Check out gabe_k's profile, for example. I just hate those colours, and had serious problems reading the text. Well, there is a textlink to disable user customizations, but couldn't be an option to automatically disable user customizations in ALL profiles? It would be nice, I suppose.

Cartmic

Years
    I'm going extreme? "or at least have a MODERATION SYSTEM TO CHECK THEM FIRST"

You expect the Admins/Mods on PC to constantly check through all the signatures of all the users on PC to check for little blinking lights that possibly won't even be removed anyway? And preventing use of...colours? And I'm being exteme?

~T_S

You were impliying that I was implying that all images and colour be banned, which was not the case.

Im going to shut up now. Clearly you people lack respect for your fellow man.

In reply to Gavin :P alreay done :D but it can't help with the terrible profiles that you have to view when sending them messages.

In reply to darkcookie_93, you don't have to be epilectic to be prone to seizures. Stroke victims are one set of these people.

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    You were impliying that I was implying that all images and colour be banned, which was not the case.

Im going to shut up now. Clearly you people lack respect for your fellow man.

In reply to Gavin :P alreay done :D but it can't help with the terrible profiles that you have to view when sending them messages.

In reply to darkcookie_93, you don't have to be epilectic to be prone to seizures. Stroke victims are one set of these people.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to view their profiles just to send them a message.

Cartmic

Years
    There already is a method. There always has been.

Clicking "Hide User Customizations" in any profile besides your own will add a cookie, disabling customizations to all profiles (not saying there's a reason why you'd want to disable Amachi's, of course). From there on in, "accessibility" will depend on the forum style being used only.

:nervous: oh dear, sorry I didn't see that, thanks for pointing it out

On another note, in the event that someone does make a profile that is, for example, potentially seizure-inducing (and only Community Supporters or staff would be able to do that), we will ask that member to remove them.

Thanks, that's nice to know.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I don't really care, y'know? About the colors... I just always see something that blends into the background or something that separate it from the background (check my profile to see something like that- I never change it) If it blends in- I highlight it...then it's legible... now if I could read clearly... stupid colours.

Back