• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fable 3

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
  • Hey, Fable 3 is right around the corner! I loved Fable 2, but there were so many mistakes, but they fixed so many downfalls in it. Is anyone else as excited as I am?

Review of Fable 3 from GamePro.com:

Peter Molyneux dishes on royalty, scatology, swords, and servants, providing an in-depth look at the new additions to the latest chapter of the Fable saga. Read on for GamePro's impressions of Fable 3's E3 showing.

What we're talking about: Fable 3, the latest adventure in Peter Molyneux's action-RPG saga, which puts you in the role of a king this time around.

Where we saw it: None other than Molyneux himself walked us through a developer-played demo, pointing out the additions to the Fable universe.

What you need to know:

The previously-touted Kinect compatibility was not on display during E3, though Molyneux promised the in-game usage would still be in the game's final release. Molyneux added that Lionhead is learning a lot about the product, with the developer also currently working on Milo.

Bemoaning the labyrinthine item menus of current RPGs, Molyneux showed the Fable 3's substitute. When you press start in Fable 3, your character will be whisked away to "The Sanctuary," an area that houses all of your character's clothing and weaponry in museum-style displays. The various dogs you own will be sleeping in a pet bed, while your faithful butler (voiced by John Cleese of Monty Python fame) makes glib comments about your inventory choices.

Weapon customization is being handled in a very unique way in Fable 3. Your sword or gun will take shape with nicks, curves, and other designs being applied based on a variety of factors, including the amount of kills you've completed, the number of times you've died, and how often you've performed flourish attacks. You can then sell or trade your unique weapon amongst your friends.

Players who decide to enter your world for co-op mode can play a much larger role this time around. For example, you can marry and impregnate your co-op partner, and people who enter your world will be able to buy property in yours. Both players can bring their dogs along for the adventure, and Molyneux confirmed butt-sniffing.

Speaking of butts, Molyneux showed how interactions (and flatulence) can be extended in Fable 3 by holding down a button. Tap X next to a commoner and you'll make a quick toot in their face. Hold the button down, and it'll be upgraded to a 15 second hair-blowing fart symphony that I don't see ever getting old.

When asked if Fable 2's Pub Games would make a return, or if a similar out-of-game method of making money would be added, Molyneux told the media on hand to stay tuned, as an announcement regarding Fable 3's expanded world would be coming in the next few months.

Point in development cycle: Fable 3 is due out on October 25, so the game is probably nearing the end of its development cycle. It's worth noting that the game releases a few weeks before Kinect, which may play a part in the product's integration.

My take:

Having only caught cursory glances of Fable 2, I can't say I saw a lot of innovation at work in Fable 3. The touted (though unseen) additions to multiplayer should make that mode more fun, but the extent of the change in gameplay ascending to the role of king or queen should make doesn't seem very pronounced. Additionally, the lack of news on the Kinect front seems to signify a serious downplay in what once was one of the game's more prominent features. While he game still looks like it'll be a fun adventure, having seen the revolutionary changes made in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the mere evolutionary steps I've seen in Fable 3 didn't wow me as much.

Then again, Fable 3 comes out way before Zelda, so maybe I should cut it a break.

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Awesome! nice one! ;D I've been discussing this for weeks with my brother about Fable 3.
    I saw the trailers and demos and everything for it; the creators have added like the main Hero can have Huge wings like an angel if it's good or something.
    I hope this one will be as good as lost chapters though.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I recently downloaded Fable 2 from XBL and really like it. I love the sound of what you get to do once become king/queen of Albion. The new Steampunk era is intriguing too.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • I loved the physical changes that you could make in Fable 2 so hopefully it will be improved in the 3rd game. Props to the person that mentioned 'the lost chapters' that was a great game, probably better than fable 2 imo.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • In Fable 3, I'm pretty sure it's set to the Industrial Revolution, so there will be no bows and arrows. Just guns. I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that. But, at least the guns will be better.

Years
  • Not too sure about buying it.

Fable II's story lasted 5 hours and I didnt really see the point in doing much after that. Still looks pretty poor graphically. I love the fantasy story and stuff though.

I'll probably still end up buying it.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Not too sure about buying it.

Fable II's story lasted 5 hours and I didnt really see the point in doing much after that. Still looks pretty poor graphically. I love the fantasy story and stuff though.

I'll probably still end up buying it.

True. I do hope they extend the storyline in the sequel. At least the whole thing about interacting with Aurora should extend it a bit.

Back