• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Facebook is charging" rumors

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • And now there's some chain letter on DeviantART spreading a rumor about "Ultimate Membership", which I have learned is nothing but a bunch of trolls trying to make themselves look good (man, I swear the trolls have gotten worse in the last year).

Years
  • I've had one person on my facebook say that facebook has a file stored on your computer tacking if you've paid or not and you have to create a script to get rid of it. Any guesses on what the script deletes?...
    Yup. System32 xD

But acording to google insights this isn't the first time Facebook Gold had popped up.
    If you look here you'll see that there was a huge spike in searches in February 2010.

Vanilla Ice

Vanipeti <3
    Years
  • OMG really?! Facebook has repeated and reiterated countless times that it will always be free. What news has said its being charged? I've never heard of it! Really now, who would actually believe such nonsense? Clearly a conspiracy set up by trolls. Tscha. *shakes head*

P.S. I suggest those who believe in them rumors go get some fresh air.

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    Those chain statuses are the most annoying thing ever for me. Firstly, Facebook has all the money in the world so they wouldn't need to charge for anything. Secondly, Facebook themselves have denied it. Thirdly, Facebook won't know if you've copy-pasted it to your wall, especially when there are several different ones.

Thank god all my friends who would fall for it have already posted it a few weeks ago.

Back