• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Facilitating our needs!

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • So in the past... 4 main series games We've recieved a rather lackluster battle facility when compared to Pt. HG/SS and Emerald. Many expected the return in ORAS, however, all we got was the maison.

Personally, I think that s&M would be the perfect time for them to return a much loved feature to the series, mabye you could include an area for sky battles?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I personally never cared for the Battle Frontier, but more stuff to do is more stuff to do and I guess I'd take it anyway. Just like make it different and not just give us a remake of the Gen 3 or 4 Battle Frontiers. Do something new with it.

Years
  • I am hoping for a new battle facility that isn't boring like the Maison because I know many people didn't enjoy it, and it's still kinda baffling how the reasoning Junichi Masuda had for the lack of Frontier is because people didn't like it much because it was too hard. I really am hoping the new battle facility is one that competitive battlers really will be pleased with, and having a second Day Care would be great considering it worked quite well in ORAS in regards to convenience.

JustSander

It's good to dream, isn't it?
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of the Maison, but it feels like every battle facility feels the same. They have to do something new with it.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Now now, I think PWT counts as a good Battle Facility. I would love for either a Battle Frontier or a Pokemon World Tournament to come back to, as I never beat the BF's when I was younger (because I didn't know what EV training and good team balance was) and I sorta stopped playing when Black 2 came out (I still haven't properly challenged the PWT yet). The main reason I want them to return is because now it's SO easy to EV train, IV Breed, and get good Egg Moves/Abilities/Natures on your Pokemon, and I sure ain't gonna go back to those old games and spend a day training three Pokemon in such a painful way.

With these being the 20th Anniversary games, this is the best time for a return of the PWT. Have our character travel to Unova (only giving us access to at most Driftveil though) and see many of our favourite characters from the old games, many characters from all 20 years gather together again in one place to truly celebrate the anniversary. Perhaps even include Elite 4 members this time, and include more characters like N and maybe the protagonists. Hell, if not that, have something like it in Alola. I'd imagine Alola is a great tourist destination, so why not have old Gym Leaders come visit? I'd imagine we'd at least be getting to see some old faces again, like how we saw Cynthia in B/W.

But the Battle Frontier oh lord, the hours I put into the Emerald one as a kid, and I only got the Silver and Gold medals to the Battle Pike, and nothing else. Shows how much of a scrub I was back then. I think I did a little better in Platinum though!

I really want these to return because if Game Freak aren't going to up the difficulty in the main games, then they should at least bring these back (and put more post game content) for the more experienced battlers. The Battle Maison gets boring after a while. Sure there's always Wifi battling but I'm not always around wifi, and competitive battling can be a headache sometimes.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    and it's still kinda baffling how the reasoning Junichi Masuda had for the lack of Frontier is because people didn't like it much because it was too hard.

I am crossing so many fingers here, but since Masuda claimed character customization was XY-exclusive because only French people know what clothes are, yet it's basically 95% confirmed to be back in SM.... I'm hoping we can disregard anything that's been said about features that didn't make it into gen 6 as just something they came up with on the spot to excuse why they didn't include them and that they do in fact have a chance at making a comeback.

Even if it's not a new Battle Frontier, I'm hoping every day that we get something that isn't just a repaint of the Battle Tower and is as extensive as the Battle Frontier was. It would be awful if the backpacker claiming Alola has an awesome facility was just referring to a renamed Maison with four new generic Trainers in charge...

Back