• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fade to black while talking with an NPC

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    Hi, I want to know how to make the screen fading to black while I talk with an NPC. I set the Screen flash to 0,0,0,0 @10 with a Wait time of 8 frame. And nothing happened, the text continued but no fading at all.

Thank you.

Brownies.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Use 'change opacity' instead of screen flash, that one's an actual fade. Besides that you have to place it before the text for it to happen during the text (whichever one u use). Placing it behind the text causes the game to wait until after the text. Also note that 8 frames is a very short amount.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    Thanks for the info, now it's working!

Hmm, seems I went too fast, it doesn't work, the frametime do work but not the fading. I went in Fog Opacity to set this at 0 (I couldn't find a "generic" Opacity term in the options).

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Sorry, I meant screen color tone (or something like that, not at my pc atm). The fade speed is adjustable there.
    If you want to delay the fade you should look if it's possible to place it in a move route, or maybe in a separate event set to parallel process and turned on by a switch (not entirely sure if that works though).

Back