• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fads you miss...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Thank You Iveechan...I knew I was forgetting something.

I was soo into pogs when I was 6-8 yrs old, that I would sometimes steal them from the little stalls in the flea market...I have a whole stack in my closet thatI haven't looked at since I moved into my current house 5 years ago.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    I know. I never said it was your fault hehe... it just happens I guess!
    Our Furby broke when we left it (that, or my parents hated it as much as I did and left it on purpose hehe) at Utah one year and my grandparents shipped it back to us. I can't sayy I was exactly mourning over it when we recieved it back broken hehe...

I loved Bongo the monkey and Twigs the giraffe! They made the best team hehe...
    Those times were fun..... even though I used tons of money on those little things, it's fun to recall these things...

Yeah... they just sorta pop up. I wish ours broke... well my sisters did! But we still have 2 others! Now we can stop talking about those annoying little creatures!

I know I have Twigs the giraffe... somewhere. I have so many I can't remember what I have and don't have anymore! Plus it's been awhile...

Yoyos and pogs. I remember both of those fads. I had a few yoyos in I think it was either 5th or 6th grade. I couldn't really do much with a yoyo though. I was really bad at it. I do have some lying around the house somewhere though...

Pogs... I remember those things! I have one stuck inside a display case. But I had so many of those things! I wonder where they all went. I had lots of those. I don't really remember a lot about them though... I don't even remember when that fad occured. I was kinda young at the time I guess...

Power Rangers? I never really liked Power Rangers... everyone else seemed to though. I just never liked it. When I was in 1st grade in summer camp we would go on a field trip every Friday. One week we had to go see the power ranger's movie. It was okay I guess... I don't remember much about it though...

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
    Okay....I WAS totally obsessed with my Furby. Then it broke! Then I got a cute Baby one, and I threw it against the door, because it wouldnt be quiet!

I was also obsessed with Hamtaro, but that wore out in my school....I had all the little figurines.

And I miss hanging out with everyone at reccess, showing each other our Pokemon cards! Oh.....and Digimon was always fun to collect to! XD

And oh ya.....my Beanie Babies! Ohhhh! I have like 200 of them! And I still love them!

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    100marios said:
    I still like the Macarena! For... many of the same reasons you stated hehe...
    Hey, Macarena!
    *folds arms and bows head*

I was wondering if anyone would bring the tomagotchi fad up hehe....
    I never really got into them, I'm not really sure why. The interesting thing is, back then, they were about 20 dollars for each one, but now you can get them from those fifty cents machines! Boy how times change...

I remember we used to get those purple and green colored ketchups. Even though it was supposed to taste the same, for some reason it seemed to give off a different taste then the red one, at least to me.
    *shakes head in embarrassment* You don't bow your head in the Macarena, Genie. ^_^; And if you do, sorry pal, but you've been doing it wrong all your life! *points and laughs at Jordan* But, I liked the Macarena, too. They still play it at all the family parties I go to, lol. The Electric Slide, Cotton-Eye Joe, Cha-Cha Slide...oh so many I love! ^_^ The Chicken Dance always frightened me for some reason...I think I was at my uncle's birthday party when I was four and all these old Italian ladies got up and started dancing--I remember slipping because I had tights on and everyone was stepping over and on my hands and whatnot...I was lost in the madness...O_o

I used to have Tamagotchis and Nanopets...but I always seemed to get fads when they were ending, lol. Then they wouldn't be as popular anymore! I barely paid attention to it and it'd always die or turn into the ugliest evolution...>_< Same thing with the stupid Furbys...my aunt got me one when nobody really cared anymore. I hated that thing! I could never get it to sleep when I wanted it to. One time I just left it downstairs in our living room when we all went upstairs to bed--the Furby was so loud you could hear it from our bedrooms and my Dad got so mad that he stomped downstairs and ripped out the batteries. Good riddance, lol. ^_^;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    So many more fads to talk about @_@

I think I actually did start collecting beanies when the teenie beanies were being given out at McDonalds...yeah, I remember. That was also the week of the beanie raffle I was talking about earlier...I?ll admit, even though I don?t collect anymore I still have a few displayed prominently in my room like my 5 Sammy the Ty-Dyed Cubs and my ultra-rare 3rd-generation Sting the Stingray...some are just plain fun to look at, but they make me reluctant to invite friends over...beanies have a stigma attached to them of being for girls only o_o;;

Tamagotchis, giga-pets, all those...I remember those. I had my first giga-pet (never had an actual tamagotchi-brand one) back when the craze started...it was actually pretty useless. I had a dog that would die every nine days...it was pretty annoying. I also had the original digimon virtual pet, the first digimon item ever made. It was pretty fun, especially when I battled with other people...somehow I won most of the time although I think the battles were based on pure chance o_O I also had the Pikachu Virtual Pet (the 2nd one, not the original)...it was fun for a while...the card game got me interested in odds and probability and all that, strangely enough...but I haven?t played with that in two years...I bet he?s veeeeery angry at me...

The Macarena! I used to love to do that dance...but the last time I ever did it was the last day I was in 3rd grade...May 1997 I think. I remember having fun doing it then becoming angry after my teacher screamed at me because I couldn?t get the electric slide right...she was mean to me all year for no reason ._. I liked the music to it...the moves were a little dorky and awkward, but it was the ?in? thing so I was into it back then...

Pogs...I still have boxes and boxes of those, even the rare custom pog maker and a few of the blank pogs that went into it...I might have played the actual game of pog like three times, but never for keeps...I had the most awesome slammers that you could find though...huge metal ones and plastic ones that lit up and all that...they were fun to collect although not all that useful...

I think that catches me up for now :P

And I still need to think of some on my own o_o;; I think we?ve mentioned all the most obvious ones =P

~Chairman Kaga

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i miss power rangers being cool. now i only am able to talk to people online about it. because there are so few that like it anymore.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Power Rangers reached its peak popularity back when I was in 2nd grade, but I never watched it, which was a bad thing because back then if the kids knew you didn't watch Power Rangers you got beat up...a normal day at school would be as follows:

Kid 1: Hey, what's your favorite color ranger?
    Me: Uhh...orange?
    Kid 1: There is no orange ranger!
    Kid 2: Hey, this kid doesn't watch Power Rangers!
    Kid 3: Let's beat 'em up!

Good times...

Jess

Banned
    Years
    I was in Kindergarten when Power Rangers was cool...
    Does anyone Remember VR Troopers? XD that`s old O_o

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    I remember when powe rangerz were cool. All the boyz were playing with their action figurez while the girlz watched them and talked about who they were going to marry when they grew up *.*
    I, of courze, never watched that zhow but that didn't ztop me from playing with the boyz :P

VR Troopers? Zoundz familiar...but I don't really remember it -.0

I do remember Beanie babiez! Cute lil' buggerz they were ^_- I got thoze az giftz all the time. Right now I think the whole colection iz in the zhadowz of my walking clozet zomewhere o.0''

jirachi_pt

Da Biggest JIRACHI Fan!
    Years
    I aso collected beanies. XD I still have all 300+. meh...Like Chairman Kaga said, some are still fun to look at, and I still have some on display in my room(The USA ones). But Now I don't really like em n-e more.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Yeah... they just sorta pop up. I wish ours broke... well my sisters did! But we still have 2 others! Now we can stop talking about those annoying little creatures!

I know I have Twigs the giraffe... somewhere. I have so many I can't remember what I have and don't have anymore! Plus it's been awhile...

Yoyos and pogs. I remember both of those fads. I had a few yoyos in I think it was either 5th or 6th grade. I couldn't really do much with a yoyo though. I was really bad at it. I do have some lying around the house somewhere though...

Pogs... I remember those things! I have one stuck inside a display case. But I had so many of those things! I wonder where they all went. I had lots of those. I don't really remember a lot about them though... I don't even remember when that fad occured. I was kinda young at the time I guess...

Power Rangers? I never really liked Power Rangers... everyone else seemed to though. I just never liked it. When I was in 1st grade in summer camp we would go on a field trip every Friday. One week we had to go see the power ranger's movie. It was okay I guess... I don't remember much about it though...
    End of annoying little creature conversation hehe...
    *brings a take box thingy that directors use and clicks it*
    That's a rap!

He was from the same set as Bongo. I used to like those thing so much....
    I still do, but I pretty much gave them all to my little sister!

Huh?
    *bows head again*
    You don't?
    Tell my elementary school that hehe.... but, I guess it doesn't hurt to be original!
    *bows head again*
    How! .......do you do?
    Hehe...

Pogs? I guess I never got into them, because I've never heard of them hehe...

As for yoyos, my friends really got into them, one of them in partictular was always playing with his. My mom gave me one, but I never really got the hang of it.

Mighty morphin' Power Rangers!
    .....or was that transformers hehe....
    I remember that I was always the red one. The guy who had the big T-rex! I was still in California when that fad came along.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    We had a Furby way back when, we?didn?t do too much with it though. We wanted our Furby to play with my aunt and uncle?s, but they?d never bring it over since it learned a bunch of curse words from them. XD;;

My mother was obsessed with beanie babies! She?d buy them second hand, pay way too much for them, get protectors?now she feels so stupid about it. x.x They always used to keep the bears, which were special, off the shelves and locked up, but now I see them at Hallmark practically giving them away. o.o;

I had a Tomigotchi when I was younger, I usually had my mom and grandfather take care of it for me though. *lazy* I had a Pocket Pikachu2, but when the items you could get from it for GSC turned out poor, I lost interest. I sort of collected a few pogs, but they were mostly Nintendo.
    Power Rangers just kept respawning new series over and over and over, it got ridiculous really!

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Kairi said:
    We had a Furby way back when, we?didn?t do too much with it though. We wanted our Furby to play with my aunt and uncle?s, but they?d never bring it over since it learned a bunch of curse words from them. XD;;

My mother was obsessed with beanie babies! She?d buy them second hand, pay way too much for them, get protectors?now she feels so stupid about it. x.x They always used to keep the bears, which were special, off the shelves and locked up, but now I see them at Hallmark practically giving them away. o.o;

I had a Tomigotchi when I was younger, I usually had my mom and grandfather take care of it for me though. *lazy* I had a Pocket Pikachu2, but when the items you could get from it for GSC turned out poor, I lost interest. I sort of collected a few pogs, but they were mostly Nintendo.
    Power Rangers just kept respawning new series over and over and over, it got ridiculous really!

I heard from somewhere that they were capable of doing it.
    People cursing is bad enough, but when stuffed animals start doing it, then that's just plain creepy hehe...

I remember that they were always very scarce, or very expensive. I never actually bought the real kind, although my sister did have a few...
    I had quite a few back then, but now I can only find around two of them hehe...

My friend had the old Pocket Pikachu, (we gave it to him for his birthday) but never really used it. He left it at my house one day, and I started to mess around with it. There really wasn't much to do with it...... except shaking!

Yeah, now they have like...
    Power Rangers: Dyno Thunder!
    I don't know hehe.... they killed it a long time ago!

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Kairi said:

Oh, Miss Kairi edited her post so she wouldn't let me see what she wrote previously! Tsk, tsk, tsk! "This post makes me feel like Chrystie!" Yay...^_^; One of PC's biggest celebrities actually made a reference to how lengthy my posts are...hmm. I feel so privileged! *cries* Thanks, Kairi...lol. ^_^

At least your Furby learned words...mine just spoke gibberish and it never learned any new words...in English at least, lol.

Beanie babies? I had hundreds of them, literally. However, I used to cut off all the tags and I found out later that the "Spot" one was worth a thousand dollars if the tag was still on it. Meh. >_< I sold most of them at our yard sales and I used to even buy sleeping bags and clothes for the beanie babies, lol. Compulsive, I know.

My parents would just ignore the Tamagotchi if I told them to look after it. But, the bad thing about those were that they beeped before they died or whatever and it'd get so annoying! LOL. I had a can full of pogs...but I don't know where the heck they are now.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You had spotless spot? *dies* Those are the ones that most people only ever dream of having...I got a Peking at a flea market for $35 once, but I was afraid it was counterfeit and sold it for $150...if it was real, it would have been worth $1000 or something like that, but now I'll never know if it was or not ._.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You caught me, lol. >_>; Yeah, my mom even used tag protectors, but now we can?t even sell them on eBay for any money at all. ._.;; I guess they make good chew toys. o.o;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yeah, I've seen stuff at yard sales recently for 25 cents that would have been worth $50 a couple of years ago... stuff like Bessie the Cow which used to be labled as pretty rare...I feel like I have a bunch of Enron stock laying around in my room or something ._.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    End of annoying little creature conversation hehe...
    *brings a take box thingy that directors use and clicks it*
    That's a rap!

He was from the same set as Bongo. I used to like those thing so much....
    I still do, but I pretty much gave them all to my little sister!

Huh?
    *bows head again*
    You don't?
    Tell my elementary school that hehe.... but, I guess it doesn't hurt to be original!
    *bows head again*
    How! .......do you do?
    Hehe...

Pogs? I guess I never got into them, because I've never heard of them hehe...

As for yoyos, my friends really got into them, one of them in partictular was always playing with his. My mom gave me one, but I never really got the hang of it.

Mighty morphin' Power Rangers!
    .....or was that transformers hehe....
    I remember that I was always the red one. The guy who had the big T-rex! I was still in California when that fad came along.

She's right about the macarena... you don't bow your head at the end! Just clap. I think... I haven't actually done it in awhile. They always play those songs at our family parties too Sayuri. The electric slide is fun. I love the chicken dance... but I hate doing it with a lot of Italians around. Unfortunatley that's how it usually ends up happening. Cotton-eye Joe was fun... but I've forgotten how to do it. I used to know though...

I don't remember much about pogs other than the fact that I had a lot of them! I don't know where they all went though. Hmm... even the one that I thought I knew where it was has disappeared! That's so weird...

I never had an actual tamagotchi. I had a dog Giga-pet though. And I also had a Salem (the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch) one too. I still have the dog one but I don't know where the other one went...

I used to be afraid that the tags would fall off my beanie babies! I had tons of tag protectors... especially for the more valuable ones. Now they are all in boxes! I don't want to sell them though... I'm such a pack rat! I keep everything! I probably had some rare ones but I don't remember anymore...

Back