• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Failing Shiny.

Years
    2 of my Pokemon in my main party (Dragonite and Charizard) are shiny. I got given both as Charmander and Dratini and have trained both up myself. I'm worried that I'm going to be accused of hacking because I have these 2 Pokemon, but they were simply gifts from a kind person on this forum, and both are completely legit. I have no idea how to hack and I have no intention ever of doing it, but should I replace these 2 Pokemon so save the risk of being accused? The thing is these 2 Pokemon are my most powerful ones. Thoughts please guys.

GrayLuna

Years
    In Sapphire, I released a shiny Oddish as I thought it was a freak, nothing usable and I already have a Vileplume and Bellosom. What an idiot I was.

Jordan.

when i encountered a shiny gloom i thought it was also some kind of a freak Pokemon too that was my first shiny and i made it faint then i remembered it was a shiny how dumb of me:P

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
    First shiny I found and caught, besides the Red Gyarados, was in Ruby-- my beloved Duskull (now a Dusclops in Pearl).
    I have a shiny Pidgeot and Fearow in FireRed.
    In Emerald, I found a shiny Mightyena, which I transferred to my Pearl.
    I caught a golden Nosepass in Pearl (now Probopass).

In FireRed, I lost a shiny Gastly. I messed up trying to catch it... :(
    In Pearl, I found a shiny Geodude, but it used Self-Destruct... Wah!!!!

I also saw a green Espeon in the Pokémon Tower in FireRed too. It might be normal, since my brother and his friend saw it too.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Failing shiny huh... The only shiny I lost was a female Grimer in Crystal... She ran away from me when I got her down to yellow. WTF. As for just my sweet continuing stupidity, I FREAKING KO'D ANOTHER SHINY IN PEARL GAH. That's two failed shinies for me. D;

I have caught a shiny Weedle, billions of Gyarados, hatched Elekid, Igglybuff, and glitched up an Eevee and Mew in Crystal. For 3rd gen, I got Poochyena, Pidgey, and Lugia. In 4th, Corsola, Absol x3, Voltorb, and Ponyta x7 (one I accidentally didn't see it shine and attacked it. :x)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    well I never ran into a shiny with out any Pokeballs but I have run into a shiny Geodude and it used Explosion on me in FR. so I think that counts as a failing shiny. But thank god that was my brothers game

:t354:TG

Years
    I just lost a Shiny Geodude, in Leaf Green, had a different thread, I did make but forgot to ask ya'll how your shiny catching is. heh. lol. Oh well.

At current I am at None. lol. Only ever seen 3 shiny, Red Gyarados in GSC, but hes plot, doesnt count. Only others have even SEEN, are a Zigzagoon, at the beginning of Sapphire.. I didn't have any pokeballs yet. Just today, not even a half hour ago, I saw a Shiny Geodude in Leaf Green, had no balls then either. /sigh. lol Oh well, hows it for you all?

wait, U CAN C SHINYS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME W/O CHEATS?! *ill only list the shinys i caught w/o cheats) obvoisly, ive seen shiny gyrados. in gold a caught a shiny girafarig, and in my diamond, i caught a shiny barboach and a shiny geodude. but i shouldnt b posting here cauz i always have pokeballs w/ me. i havent failed a shiny yet w/o cheats.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    None.
    I'm wondering how some people manage to catch so many Shinies, while they are that rare... I haven't even seen shiny Pokemon that are not in the plot. T_T

Me either, I never had any Shiny Pokemon Before...
    And I don't have G/S/C also...but I don't actually like Shiny Pokemon
    I like Normal Pokemon better, It's not like a Shiny Pokemon can do anything...:\

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    went out looking for a burmy, and instead i found a weird looking misdreavus.

at the moment, its level 39 and looking to make it part of my team :)

might evolve it soon

as for older games, i caught a gold-leafed oddish in gold, saw (but ran out of balls catching) a pink male nidoran, and also a gold swablu on ruby

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Me either, I never had any Shiny Pokemon Before...
    And I don't have G/S/C also...but I don't actually like Shiny Pokemon
    I like Normal Pokemon better, It's not like a Shiny Pokemon can do anything

in G/S/C shiny Pkmn had higher stats then the normal. And yes they do stuff they battle as normal Pkmn and get defeated like normal Pkmn

:t354:TG

Years
    is it possible 2 get shiny starters/legendaries w/o cheats? if so, how? neways, yeh, i have 2 shinies in my diamond (technacly 3, i cheated in my saphire and got a shiny torchic, now its a level 30 combusken)

Years
    ^ With a lot of patience and a lot of luck, you could get shiny starters/legendaries.

Other than red Gyrados, I found a shiny Shuppet, but it killed itself before I could catch it. Stupid Curse!

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I got a shiny Zubat on Gold but my save file erased itself the day after I caught it. I was the proud owner of a shiny Zubat for less than a day...

But now I have a shiny Geodude on Pearl! I absolutely love it. I'm so grateful.

Lugia LoveLust

Lugia Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    When i found out about the all 3 starters cheat for G/S/C
    I decided to do a new game on my silver version
    & i found a shiny pidgey
    but of corse i wasn't at the part of the game where you could use pokeball's yet
    And i had to let it go :[

Another time was i found a shiny Oddish in the Illex Forset
    Near the shine as i remember
    I didn't know what shiny's where at the time
    So i thought my game screwed so i turned off my gameboy & lost it

Back