• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FAIRY-TYPE

Years
  • Where is this trailer ? Also actually no, Focus Blast cannot OHKO Hydreigon as its rather bulky. :x
    Here we go. Moves start at 1:13 (I can't seem to set a start time for an embedded vid)

My calcs might be wrong, but it looks as though a Focus Blast from Gardevoir with neutral/252 comes very close to a OHKO on a 0/0 Neutral Hydreigon (with something like an 8% chance of KO). That's assuming no boosts of any sort, minus STAB and SE.

Running with the same stats, a Base-60 (same as the other "Wind" moves that I recall) STAB move that's 2x effective would do 65-76% and upwards of 130% for 4x. Given that we can assume the EVs aren't so biased in the video, the 63% shown seems to fit pretty nicely with the theory of a Base-60 move with 2x effectiveness. In fact, it's just inside the damage spectrum for no EVs and neutral on both pokemon.

It's all speculation based on so little info at the moment, though, so it's rather pointless, lol. Once we start getting other type relations and moves/etc, there's more to discuss.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Well i just calced a base 60 4x SE move with no ev's taken into account on both pokemon and it does 70.2% - 83.7% which looks mighty close to the damage range in that video. That being said, we will just have to wait i guess for more info lol. :/

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Where is this trailer ? Also actually no, Focus Blast usually doesnt OHKO Hydreigon as its rather bulky, depending on the evs of course. :x

I have a Non-SP. Def EV trained Hydreigon that doesn't have a deliberating ability and he ALWAYS gets OHKO'd by Focus Blast when it hits unless the Pokemon using it has a base power less than 90...I know my friends Gardevoir can one shot my Hydreigon with it. I know I got one shot by an Electivire as well it as a base of 95 and favors physical attacks over special attacks. A Toxicroak came close before as well.

According to Psypoke's calculator a Croagunk could indeed nearly KO with base info only depending on if my nature and EV's effected my HP, which they didn't. The curve was 248 as the lowest and 294 as the highest. Hydreigon has between 294 and 388. I don't believe mine has many as it was SP. ATK and Speed trained with remainder going into HP (can't remember if HP or Def) and its IV spread is pretty average. I survived a possible one shot so assume it was.

(have to use Gengar and Mime. Jr but lowered Gengar to 125 SP ATK using Ominous Wind since its assumed Fairy Wind will match)

Damage output was between 182 Minimum and 216 Maximum. Hydreigon with no EV in HP would be 294 which would be around 62% to 73%.

With two weaknesses...(changing to a bug to use Silver wind on a Grass/Psychic)

Minimum damage was 244 to 288. That would be... 83% - 97%. Which is more than what was shown. Average hit would be in the 90% range...

So it really doesn't look like it was x4 SE damage. Psypoke's calculator (allowed me to put proper attack and defense ranges thank you holy figure) disagrees with x4 damage doing so little damage. to a Pokemon such as Hydreigon.

No IVs or EVs added at all.

I made an oopsie. I forgot to change Gengar to a bug type so the previous calcs didn't add STAB.

x4 SE hit with a base 60 does 364 - 432. Well over Hydreigon's HP levels and around 90% on a fully supported HP Hydreigon)

Went into Smogon's calculator and got similar outcome. Numbers are different but the damage is near the same point.

Bug with 125 Sp. Atk. Using Silver Wind. Grass with HP 92 and SP. Def 90.

x2 SE Damage came to 180 - 212 55.4% - 65.2%
    x4 SE Damage came to 360 - 424 110.8% - 130.5%

Last edited:
    Back