• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Fake Heart Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
Years
  • I bought a copy of Heart Gold on ebay, and as soon as I opened it I realised it was a fake. But its playing fine, saving and loading like it should.
    Should I be worried, will the game crash half way through or something?
    Thanks.

Years
  • How do you know it's fake?
    If it's playing ok and saving and everything, just see how it goes I guess.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • Pics or it didn't happen slightly applies here.
    You can't get help without evidence

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to HGSS, since that's where this goes.

And yeah, it's a little harder to tell the fake DS games as compared to fake GBA and older games. You're going to have to post some pictures for us to help determine it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is the cartridge black? Does the game come with a PokeWalker and if so, can the PokeWalker connect to the game? Those are the only questions I have for clarification.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
  • ... The only thing you should be worried about is if some weird things start happening to you like in those creepy pastas like say seeing your family on screen slowly necrotize, "haunted" character/sprites/save games/locations, whitehand.gif, BEN DROWNED, etc.

ANYWAYS, why do you think its a fake? Is it all scratched up or something?

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
  • yeah the cartridge is black and the box pictures are crooked.
    i wasn't really looking for clarification. i was just wondering if, even though its fine now, if it might go crazy later or something.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • yeah the cartridge is black and the box pictures are crooked.
    i wasn't really looking for clarification. i was just wondering if, even though its fine now, if it might go crazy later or something.

is the cartridge fine?
    Because maybe the seller threw out the box and tried to 'construct' one,
    for more money or something?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well we've verified it's fake then!

As for the question...well, it's hard to say. Best way to see is attempt to trade with other games - if you can do that without it going kaboom with the save file than it's more likely it'd be stable, certainly, and if it hasn't shown any problems yet then you probably don't have to worry too much about it. However we cannot really say for certain - sometimes fake games work as well as the real deal, and sometimes they do not. It's a bit of a lottery.

If you have any other questions, ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section. Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back