• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake or Not? (O.o")

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Hi Guys :)

New here and not sure if cards like this have been discussed before or if this is the right thread so sorry in advance. Having a little trouble identifying some cards as fake or not as they appear slightly lighter than others however everything else is fine such as text, size, thickness, positioning, spelling etc etc. I have however spotted one difference that remains consistent throughout these lighter cards. On the bottom right of them they say "1999-2000 Wizards." whereas on the darker ones it is simply "1999 Wizards." So why the subtle differences? Are they fake? Thanks for any help guys, I have attached pics of a base set Koffing so you can judge for yourselves.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    the darker one is maybe just an earlier release.
    I'm /pretty/ sure that I also own cards that are darker/lighter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    The 1999-2000 date on a Base Set card means that it's from the 8th print run of that set. Such cards are quite rare, though unfortunately not as desirable as 1st editions.

I wouldn't worry about the lighter colouring. It's not something that's unique to that print run, but rather something that's fairly common of Pokemon cards in general.

Back