• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fake pokemon game help

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Hey
    Recently i purchased leaf green and fire red off games-stock.com.
    I couldn't resist there cheep prices and didn't think twice before i baught them.
    I waited 2 weeks and they came.
    I knew straight away i'd made a mistake.
    The games were fake!
    I thought theres nothing i can do now so i might aswel make the most of it.
    After realising that it was pearl/diamond that was some how deleting my saves on the fake games i started playing them with my girlfriend on our gba sp's.
    Now we're both pretty far in the game and we're wondering will the same thing happen if we try and link trade?
    Because we both wanna complete our pokedex's but we don't wanna risk link trading until we know it won't delete our saves.
    Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

bav123

Do a Barrel Roll
    Years
  • It will really depend, I got a fake pokemon game for my birthday once (the Mystery Ranger series) and from what I could tell, it was just a ROM on a cartridge.

Having played the ROM before, I noticed that the cartridge didn't save in the middle of dungeons just like the ROM.

I'm a little off topic here, but your game may be doing the same. I haven't played Fire Red as a ROM, so I don't know about their quality, but it may be a similar problem here.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    yes you could... only if you use the gba sps w/ the fake games... but the save file will be deleted when you try it on your ds.... i had that problem too before... and when i tried my fake emerald and FR on the ds, the save files were deleted.... but after that, a miracle happened, my emeral can now be used in the ds w/o deleting the saved files... dunno what happened but its good... however the FR did not... it keeps on deeting the saved file itself.. *sigh* but anyway, just like what i told you, you CAN trade pokemon from a fake game to another via GBA....

Back