• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fake pokemon games

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Here's some I found off of ebay:
    fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

fake pokemon games

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    What about the Pokemon Yellow, Blue, Green and Silver versions for the Falicom (Fanicom?)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    *points to the bottom one* I actually have this - well, a very similar one... here's a pic:
    fake pokemon games

I got it from a marketplace overseas for cheap. The Pokemon Crystal game was the real thing (well, a ROM, but it was Crystal nonetheless), although it had some glitches. One of my boxes corrupted any Pokemon I put in there (their name changed into weird symbols and kept expanding across the screen until the game froze), I could change the day by flying, or just using my Pokegear (useful for battling at Viridian Trainer Hall, or for the Radio Tower prizes, and other day events...), and so forth. I also recall that shortly before it died, I had encountered a Magikarp...

...which used Explosion. I kid you not. Game froze afterwards. XD

The other game advertised itself as Pokemon 'Diamond' (this was well before the 4th gen, though), and the box tried to make it out as a proper game as well... but it's merely just a cover for a game which then stops talking about Pokemon. 'Twas really an engrish version of a 'Telefang' game (there's another one called Pokemon Jade, as someone mentioned) - which involved creatures called electric-monsters (some which looked downright ugly, and had names ranging from Osie, to 'Ice Cream'... (that one however looked... bleh), which could talk, and evolve through level up, or being merged with items (which ranged from Hammers, to Machine Guns...) Basically crazy stuff that made little but hilarious sense thanks to the engrish. Yay for poor translation! Super effective attacks, for instance, gave the text "For the clever opponent, injure increase!" Oh, and they also asked about whether I had curry or not. -_-

Fun and challenging stuff though - had 3 on 3 battling, and really, really annoying mazes. (In caves which had e-monsters a good 10 levels higher than your were and could move multiple times in a row. AND due to the poor pirating, if you lost the save data got corrupted and you had to start all over again >_<)

Anyway, this article here gives quite a good summery of many of those fake games (many already shown in pictures above)... https://trsrockin.com/fakegames.html

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    I find some of those fakes hilariously bad XD I never see stuff like that in real life, though~

Also, I spy some fan hacks being sold illegally! :O Naranja was cool, man!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I have played GBC's "Diamond" version and I have to say that it's so stupid game. It's not like pokémon game. I also got stuck there and just started to walking around with no reason... Then I quit playing that. I think I have it somewhere.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
    In my country there is a "cheap" market called-feira da ladra-and there is one indian guy that sells roms with the hacks you make, ALL OF THEM, and when i asked him about the games he said that there were very known games from japan but the worst its that he sells them at 30 euros!!!

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I kept hearing about pokemon black and white and that got me excited for a little bit. Until i found out it was fake :(
    Then they announced diamond and pearl like a week later so i was happy again :) haha

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    If you want a good fake pokemon game for the GBA, trying looking for Pokemon Orange. It's in Spanish though.
    If you're talking about Pokémon Naranja, then I agree. The "english" version is still partially in Spanish, but it's still a really neat idea and from what I played it seemed fairly well done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2010
    I have heard of a game on ROBLOX called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky Version....
    Hmm....

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    this is happening to my friend right now... haha!
    but to me, nah its never happened to me for a pokemon game.
    as for legend of zelda thats a different story.....

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Holy crap, that's a lot. I found a GBA Crystal version the other day on eBay. Obviously not a true blue Pokemon game. Looked official, but...nyeh.

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
    My cousin actually has Pokemon Naranja version. He says he got 2 Mews, Celebis, and Jirachis from that game and migrated them to Diamond. He does actually have those in Diamond, and they're all lv.20. The game says that they're all from the Mining Museum (WTH). He gave me one of each (yayz :D). So anyway, I played 5 seconds of the game, I didn't play much more becuase I was afraid too :/

Back