• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon by AtavanHalen343

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
When I looked at your first post, I was a bit put off until I started scrolling down. Wow these are getting good!

I love some of the concepts like Boonket. -huggles- :D
I think the fire starter looked better in his older color, maybe find a nice balance between the two. Anyways keep up the good work!

Also I would would work on the outlines, their a bit rugged instead of smooth.
(which is good for some, but yeah)

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
This is some really nice spriting, the lines are realistic and believable. its not messy or over cluttered with too many details, or too few for that matter. what im saying is that these are believable for some real Nintendo sprites. I don't care for the fire starter much, buts that's just opinion cause the sprite is done good.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
aarsun.png

Aarsun recolor!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
aarsun.png

Aarsun recolor!

Wow, these are just... Awesome. I wish that I could sprite like you do, but alas, I can not. So instead I'll just come here to give my honest opinion! I like the Embvaark-line in their current form. But I feel like it would be more apropriate for them to be Dark-type in that case. However, with this coloration, it looks more like an electric type. The problem is that I (who is the greatest sprite-critic of all time because that's the way the world doesn't work) feel like the black and the yellow don't contrast too well? It's just that the red/black color-scheme seemed less cluttered to me, where as this new one has a lot of colors going on, and thus it can come off as a bit cluttered. Or maybe I'm just talking straight outta my a**? Point being, I liked the red/black Aarsun better.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Wow, these are just... Awesome. I wish that I could sprite like you do, but alas, I can not. So instead I'll just come here to give my honest opinion! I like the Embvaark-line in their current form. But I feel like it would be more apropriate for them to be Dark-type in that case. However, with this coloration, it looks more like an electric type. The problem is that I (who is the greatest sprite-critic of all time because that's the way the world doesn't work) feel like the black and the yellow don't contrast too well? It's just that the red/black color-scheme seemed less cluttered to me, where as this new one has a lot of colors going on, and thus it can come off as a bit cluttered. Or maybe I'm just talking straight outta my a**? Point being, I liked the red/black Aarsun better.

I actually plan on redoing the fire starter line, and making the current line a standard three-stage evo line. I'm also beginning to make movelists and stats for the pokemon. I'm also gonna reveal a pokemon's stats and move set before the sprite, as I'm not 100% certain of what it will be. Anyway, here it is!

TYPES: Water/Ground

ABILITY/IES: Sap Sipper/Hydration

HP: 150
Atk: 23
Def: 125
SpA: 117
SpD: 125
Spe: 5

LEVEL UP MOVES:
-- Bubble
-- Growl
7. Pound