• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fakemon sprites and tilesets

What do you think of my work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yo guys, this is my sprite and tile thread where i will post my sprites and tiles (no duh). So lets get to the point-Here they are and i hope you enjoy them. Oh and remember, no stealing

-Foliex -
    -embroad -
    -Serpeel -
    -Jaybi -
    -Pecklue -
    -hawkruel -

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Yo, your sprites are all broken links. It'd help if we could see them... re-upload them or something? ;~;

Years
    Yes, please try to fix those broken links so we can see what you've made. Your thread will have to be closed otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'over pixelating' but if you're worried about theft you can try blurring your work slightly. That would let us still see what you'd done and give you some protection.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Ok now I mean it, your sprites are truely fantastic!
    Official almost. Try not to use black outlines
    otherswise I got nothing else to say

Wheres the tilesets?

Years
    The eyes look similar for all of the sprites excluding the evolution stages for the birds. o:
    Maybe look for different ones? I don't know. The fire on the fire starter's tail could look more improved, possibly use Charmander's line as a reference?

The water start is very impressive, it's well done and it's clean. I look forward to all of the evolutions for the starters.

Years
    *update* Thanks for all the helpful and positive comments you guys, I really appreciate it. Anyways I edited the Jaybi sprite and I sort of gave it a Spearow equivalent-a Cardinal-probably because i USED to be a Cardinals fan(football)
    Jaybi-the Blue Jay Poke
    Cardibble-the Cardinal Poke

Tell me what you guys think:D

Last edited:
    Years
    *Update* Ok guys another update, I have got evolutions for Cardibble,
    Arinal- The Cardinal Poke
    Stravian- The ??? Poke
    I wanted Stravian to be a pokemon that would take candy from a baby

Also i have got the Tileset

*So which one do you think is more epic, Hawkruel or Stravian?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    The Pokemon Center looks a little off. Maybe make the angled edge of the roof a little taller so the flat of the roof isn't so broad. I really can't say for sure though, it's just off. I love the rest of your tiles though, and the fakemon are epic.

Years
    Haha, yeah, these tiles are from ages ago. I haven't edited them in a long time. I'll be sure to edit it when I have the time.

Years
    Ooh, we've got quite a talented one here n_n

These fakes look really nice, and the tiles aren't half bad either. Here's a bit of crit, though.

On Serpeel, I think the outline of the head towards our right makes it look disconnected to the rest of the body. I also think, concept-wise, it's slightly plain which detracts from it's quality as a sprite as it's pretty simple. Regardless, the lineart seems nice, not jaggy, and the shading (and colours, at that) is real nice. My only other qualm with your work so far is the Cardibble line (unrelated to spriting, isn't that a bit of a mouthful of a name?), except from the first stage (i.e Arinal), which seems to be the best of the bunch. The problem with Cardibble is that the wing which is held up clashes with the head which makes it slightly hard to read at first, and it just looks like a pretty awkward position. I think lowering it a couple of pixels would help a lot. As for Stravian, it's good, but neck looks pillow shaded in some places and in relation to the rest of the sprite's pose, the part on our left looks off, orientation-wise.

Still, keep up the great quality work, dino, I'm lovin' it no McDonalds references intended.

Years
    Thanks Spherical ice for the much needed help, i've edited cardibble and Stravian, I've also edited Serpeel. Oh and I have got some some new fakemonz for all you guys =D These happen to be my favorite
    Torcub
    Emblare
    Soladon

Hope you like them:p
    crit would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    These are good, I like the Fire Lion the most!
    Maybe change the head of the 2nd evolve form though its a little round.

Years
    Those are wonderful, the fire on the tail of the second evolution is marvelous as well. I think what you could do is for the Starter, you could move it's right eye a few pixels to the left making it at the edge of the head.

Years
    Thanks people, I've got something new for all you guys!
    It's my regions pseudo-legendary
    It's based on a Chinese Dragon

I'm not sure of what to name it, give me suggestions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back