• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
  • No, Quartz sprites are actually crap.

Even Baro admitted it.

i dare you, call me a troll. xD
    troll.

I always liked fakes, my last hack (which failed) was to be a full-fake one.

In other terms, I think you've already got your answer. Good fakemon hacks so far are those who keep good sprites and also have a good portion of normal ones included.
    Take Sienna, for example.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    No, Quartz sprites are actually crap.

Even Baro admitted it.

i dare you, call me a troll. xD

yea that's what i mean. and i would have more post if my threads asking for help hacking platinum would get accepted.

Years
  • I'm extremly new to all of this hacking and things, but as a player I've tried out the Pokemon Chaos Black and Pokemon Prism. Both great games, Prism better in my opinion, and it was because they both had something new that was refreshing. With Prism there was so much added in with the new maps, dialogue, and characters. Where with Chaos Black they had fakemon although some weren't to developed. I think the best that can be done is a median of both I found it almost bothersome that there were no unique pokemon is prism and same goes for chaos black about no new plot.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Fakemon make hacks much more unique, but the have to be done well. Also remember not to have only fakes as you start to miss the officials, regardless of how authentic yours are.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I think you should have Fakémon is if you have the following:
    A good spriter to make them
    Orginal Pokémon in your hack to
    Unique Fakémon ( make them have a purpose for the hack)
    And Probally New evoultions and Prevolves

If you want Fakemon, put them in.

My thread isn't the authority on what to do and not to do in a ROMHack. If you have good concepts and decent sprites, people won't care.

The majority of the complaints were about poorly sprited/designed Fakemon anyway. If you release your hack and find that a majority of the people who played it didn't like X-Fakemon, redesign it.

Go for it, it's your hack.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    In my opinion, full fakemon hacks are cool but if i was to try one i would not be able to finish with needing patience ideas etc. i would just stick with evo's and stuff like that

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • I pesonally like well designed Fakemon, I plan to use them in my hack. But I agree with some of the posts above, if you want to do it then do, who cares what everyone else thinks. But that si just my opinion

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Fakemon work if they are done right, but only then. Pokemon Quartz however, works even though the Fakemon are crap. The point is, they are original, and contribute to the game's humorous nature. So, it all depends on the experience you want to give to the player.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    The main problem is having to make the sprites and only having a tiny bit of room to do so in. this is to make it fit the box in the sprite editor.

I recently added Zorua, Zoroark, and a Zoroark evolution.
    Then I added an Electric-Flying Pokemon that has at least two evolutions.
    The backsprites were especially tiring to work on, then I had to work them into the list of pokemon in the game.

Putting it into the sprite editor also doesn't always work, so you have to change your picture a few time. I don't like how my final Zorua evolution worked out to look like, but the basic idea was there. Fortunately, I was able to use a re-paletted Arcanine backsprite.

here is some of my work.... I don't know if there is a type of SpriteEditing help thread. That would be a good idea though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    TheChroniclesofLance, I can offer you some tips if you'd like. :)

I agree with most here... I look forward to seeing fakemon, but I am a bit disappointed if they are really badly drawn, or don't work properly, or their stats and move sets are simply borrowed from other pokemon.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • For me, It's because the fakemon either have bad concepts, (like quartz) or they are all badly sprited. If you can get one of the rare few hacks that has well sprited pokemon with good concepts (by that I don't mean digimon and stuff I mean 1st and 2nd gen pokemon. I don't even like that 3rd and 4th gens that much.), you will have one of the best hacks. assuming of course that you still have nice maps, scripts, plots, and other graphics that is.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    The main problem is having to make the sprites and only having a tiny bit of room to do so in. this is to make it fit the box in the sprite editor.

I recently added Zorua, Zoroark, and a Zoroark evolution.
    Then I added an Electric-Flying Pokemon that has at least two evolutions.
    The backsprites were especially tiring to work on, then I had to work them into the list of pokemon in the game.

Putting it into the sprite editor also doesn't always work, so you have to change your picture a few time. I don't like how my final Zorua evolution worked out to look like, but the basic idea was there. Fortunately, I was able to use a re-paletted Arcanine backsprite.

here is some of my work.... I don't know if there is a type of SpriteEditing help thread. That would be a good idea though.

That wolf looks like a ripoff of the new legendary in pokemon black/white

And myself, i think a hack would be awesome with all the pokemon being fakemon, as long as they are sprited well. If anything it would be cool to add evolutions or pre-evolves to pokemon that never had an evolutionary form.

If any fakemon hacks are done though, i think that they should have new maps.

All in my opinion :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    That wolf looks like a ripoff of the new legendary in pokemon black/white

And myself, i think a hack would be awesome with all the pokemon being fakemon, as long as they are sprited well. If anything it would be cool to add evolutions or pre-evolves to pokemon that never had an evolutionary form.

If any fakemon hacks are done though, i think that they should have new maps.

All in my opinion :)

First, he said they ARE Zorua/Zoroark; and second, no one ever said that they are legendaries. This will end like Lucario, me thinks.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    First, he said they ARE Zorua/Zoroark; and second, no one ever said that they are legendaries. This will end like Lucario, me thinks.

Yes. It is Zorua/Zorark, I added another one to it, and called it Zorovulpeca.
    I also created (as the starters!) prevolutions for three legendary bird pokemon

Artitucan-->Articuno
    Ampidgey-->Zapdos
    Moltucan-->Moltres
    all evolve at lvl. 30 or so
    ( replaced the mudkips (ugh.) to put them in)
    pictures below...
    Fakemon?

pikapip26

PikaXPip
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I think it depends on how good they're sprited, or else I would go with the normal Pokemon. <<

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I generally don't like the idea of fakemon, to be honest. In my opinion, using the original Pokemon provided by the game is enough to make a good hack. But there are some people who think that fakemon are great. I agree with this too, a few fakemon wouldn't hurt. But overall, it depends on the hacker. If they make some lovely fakemon, I would love to play it. Take Baro for example..

Back