• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Falkner's Pidgeotto

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    besides G/S had a bunch of lower lvl pokemon
    like you couldn't catch a pikachu higher lvl than any pichu
    also electabuzz caught around lvl 16
    also you could catch lvl 10 dragonair
    and i think you could catch lvl 15 gyrados

Last edited:

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • One thing that i always hated is that the elite 4 pokemon are way too high. I remember beating it with lv. 45 pokemon cause of hax. Relying on high levels instead of good strategies.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    it's a programmer's mistake
    It's obviously intended, to make it somewhat stronger. If you look you'll find most games where you catch or build things have some kind of 'impossible creatures/units', usually story centrepieces.

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
    Years
  • Well the producers of the games know what their doing so it wouldnt be a mistake and I never lost in any game of pokemon.
    So its not so Important for me..

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
  • Well, there aren't any other flying types that are strong. All the Pokemon around level 9 are Pidgeys and spearows. They just aren't strong enough for a gym leader, so I guess that's why they gave Falkner a Pidgeotto.
    Besides, many gym leaders have odd Pokemon for their levels, like Morty with Haunters at level 23, or Lance's underleveled Dragonites.

Yeah I find it really annoying how most of the gym leader's pokemon are under-leveled >_>

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • I looked at my Silver game the other day and saw Falkner had a Pidegeotto at level 9. I thought, how could this be? What did he do to get a level 9 Pidgeotto? Does anyone have any idea? Please do not say it was hacks.

i know its weird. pidgey doesnt evolve til way after lvl 9 but falkner has a lvl 9 pidgeotto . well its the same in pkmn R/S/E. the flying gymleader has a lvl 35 alteria and it swablu doesnt evolve till later at 35

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Either that or it's because they're Gym Leaders and have access to Action Replays. Lance apparently abuses his AR - he not only has underleveled Dragonites, but he also has a Rock Sliding Aerodactyl, long before it could legally obtain the move (not to mention his Dragonite with Barrier in R/B/Y).

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Well, you have to consider the proximity of Violet City to the hometown of the player than when compared to other games. Violet City's so close to New Bark Town and the fact that the wild Pokémon around and the trainers around are pretty much no higher than level 6 before you reach the City, it's pretty reasonable for Falkner to have a level 9 Pidgeotto. If Falkner were to have a normal Pidgeotto, he'd have to have one at level 18. Given that up until now you still haven't faced higher-levelled wild Pokémon, it'd take an enormous amount of time of training to be able to face him. It's all for the sake of the flow of gameplay.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well,Lance has under-leveled Dragonites,his Aerodactyl knows Rock Slide and his one of his Dragonites knows Barrier.
    So I wouldn't let it past Falkner to have a lv 5 Pidgeotto.

I guess you can have underleveled Pokemon in the games,maybe they mature faster or something..
    Anyway,Falkner's Pidgeotto is probably a reference to Yellow,in which you can catch a lv 9 Pidgeotto.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Nintendo are cruel and like to taunt you with the impossible.

Is that a reasonable enough explanation?

Alaphlosiam

HURR DURR
    Years
  • i know its weird. pidgey doesnt evolve til way after lvl 9 but falkner has a lvl 9 pidgeotto . well its the same in pkmn R/S/E. the flying gymleader has a lvl 35 alteria and it swablu doesnt evolve till later at 35
    I think that was covered two or three times in the earlier posts, if you'd bothered to read those.

Anyway, I don't remember very well, but didn't Falkner say those were his dad's Pokemon or something? I might be mixing him up with Flannery (don't ask why). Anyway, maybe his dad was just that uber, that he could make Pokemon evolve at nearly half the level they're supposed to.

Alaphlosiam

HURR DURR
    Years
  • It is the same as asking, "Why did Oak give Ash a second stage Pokemon? Why isn't it a Pichu?"
    Pichu didn't exist at the time.

"Oh, but Johto existed when Ash started."

NO IT DIDN'T THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY

Years
  • Of course Johto didn't exist before kanto, or they'd have given you a pichu. So it's mainly them saying that pichus are extinct in kanto only. As for Falkner's pidgeotto, it's half the level it's suppose to evolve at, maybe it hatched that way? or it's actually level 90?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I remember Maxie's Camerupt(in Ruby, Emerald) and Archie's Sharpedo (in Sapphire) and some other various Gym Leaders in Hoenn uses underleveled Pokemon too.

Also there are underleveled wild Pokemon in GSC as well...

Alaphlosiam

HURR DURR
    Years
  • Of course Johto didn't exist before kanto, or they'd have given you a pichu. So it's mainly them saying that pichus are extinct in kanto only. As for Falkner's pidgeotto, it's half the level it's suppose to evolve at, maybe it hatched that way? or it's actually level 90?
    Actually, all of the regions have supposedly existed always. For example, James' Carnivine. He was like, "Oh, yeah, I've had this ***** since I was a kid, and I just stored him away."

What a great way to edit the plot. :|

Back