• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2008 Anime Season Discussion

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ok, so this is where you can play around and talk about the anime currently airing in the Fall 2008 anime season. Exceptions include the anime with already existent threads, of course.

Anime within this season includes:
    1. All anime/OVA/movies that started this season
    2. Any anime that doesn't exceed (or plan to exceed) 52 episodes and hasn't finished. That means no Jump anime.
    3. Oh, mind that this is non-dubs

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Descendants of Darkness had it's first airing on Sci-Fi about a week ago. Dan Green voices this vampire fighter that has a sidekick(I forget the name). Their enemy appears to be a very disturbing doctor that has super natural powers.

This series is so boring, but I can't look away from it. It's seriously a gay novella. What do you guys think?

*Expects no answer*

devilicious

dream
    Years
    aaaaaaaaaa~

Kannagi is the best anime this season, followed by Toradora! and Clannad ~After Story~.
    But ah, Kannagi is just so awesome. If you haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and do it right now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The only shows I've actively following right now are Gundam 00 Season 2, Toradora! and Casshern SINS. Not quite sure if I'll stick to Toradora!, though, I've lost interest in it, same with Gundam 00, but I'll probably end up finishing it just because it's Gundam and I've seen just about every series. Casshern SINS is the only show that's really impressing me and the only that I really look forward to each and every week.

Other shows I was watching were Tales of the Abyss, Clannad After Story and Shikabane Hime Aka, but I've gotten a little tired of those and probably won't go back to them for a while, or at least until I finish any of the other shows I'm watching.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I want to see Z Mazinger when its subbed. it's a new Mazinger series revolving around a
    Grecian motif ,with Mazinger as Zeus.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    The only anime I'm really following that just went to a second season is Junjou Romantica. <3 It's an amazing anime, I love it to pieces. Sadly, it usually takes about a week for the new episodes to be fansubbed, so I'm stuck in suspense most of the time >_<

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I'm following Toradora!, Kannagi, Toaru Majutsu no Index and Clannad After Story.

Indexanime is kinda boringish. There's something wrong with it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I'll buy the novels :O
    Clannad: AS is generally OK. I really liked the Sunohara arc, but the recent Misae-san arc was kind of weak.
    Kannagi and Toradora! are both awesome. The sad thing is that they'll only have 12~13 episodes each. ):

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    If you mean Animes that appeared in October, I'm following through Toradora, Skip Beat and Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae.

I am always becoming impatient 'cause everytime I finished one episode, I just can't wait for the next. D:

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    The only shows I've actively following right now are Gundam 00 Season 2, Toradora! and Casshern SINS. Not quite sure if I'll stick to Toradora!, though, I've lost interest in it, same with Gundam 00, but I'll probably end up finishing it just because it's Gundam and I've seen just about every series.

You've lost interest in 00? :( I honestly am hooked on it and think that S2 is completely amazing. Each episode leaves me yearning for more. I honestly thought this season doesn't have the same slow start that the first one did because all the characters/plot/relationships are already set up. It's honestly my favorite Gundam series (although I prefer the alt universes compared to the UC stories). My top 5 in order would have to be 00, Wing, Gundam, SEED, and 8th MS Team. It's just so intense, i never thought an anime would captivate me like this, with both intense drama and action. There's an emotional attachment to each of the characters that I've never felt in another anime series. But that's just me. I'm concerned about the Innovators and what Wang Lu Mei is up to.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Following Tales of the Abyss because, um, it's Tales of the Abyss which is probably my favourite game ever. First anime where I haven't bothered with subs for~ :'D Wish the animation quality was higher but I'll take what I can get.

I wasn't planning on picking up anything else, but and LJ friend got me hooked on Toradora, so I've been watching that too. It's good, but I'm not really sure why I'm sticking with it. Something to watch, I guess?

I don't know if I'll try anything else though. D: Don't have as much free time as I'd like and I find it hard already to sit down for 20 minutes to watch an episode of anime as it is, let alone keep up with a bunch all week.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I am watching quite a few of them at the moment. My fave being VKG. Although it keeps jumping all over the place. It seems to follow the manga but not in order.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I've been meaning to check out Tales of the Abyss and probably will now that Erica reminded me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    If you mean Animes that appeared in October, I'm following through Toradora, Skip Beat and Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae.
    This too, totally forgot about it. I've really fallen in love with the Jigoku Shoujo franchise and Mitsuganae is just as great as the previous seasons and that live action adaptation, makes me a little sad to hear that it's probably going to be the final season, but it was a pretty great set of shows to watch.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    At the very least, it would be one of the youtube GONZO subs or something like that

Being said, CLANNAD has entered the Yukine story

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Currently, I'm following Toradora! since Ryuuji got me to watch it. o.o" However, I like it thus far.

I'm planning to continue watching Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae as well.

EDIT: Oh Forgot, I'm also watching Kyo no Go no Ni.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    You don't really need to know much about the story, I started following it without any real prior knowledge and was able to understand everything just fine.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    hey, no one has mentioned Kemeko DX yet? (and if you did its because im too lazy to read all the posts)....its a pretty good show, from the same company who did dokuro-chan, so its really random at some points....but yeah, kannagi, clannad after story, ef~a tale of melodies, toradora!, casshern sins....chaos head, shikabane hime...good shows

Back