• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fall 2014 - Picks of the Season

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    It's not an anime so no [Fall 2014] prefixes needed. P:

We all know that the Fall season is coming up really soon. In fact, a few has already started airing. Now the periodic question of the A&M forums: What are your picks of the season?

Anime chart and airing schedules available here.

I'll post my picks later. Then again, the only one that I'm going to watch is probably Log Horizon S2 and Psycho Pass S2, but we'll see later.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Other than obvious picks, My Database cannot be as good as Onii-sama's 2 and Akane Hanazawa cannot be so cute while shooting 2, I'll be following WIXOSS and Chaika 2nd seasons.

From the new picks... Amagi's Fabulous Protagonist, 4ch Husband, Trigger show (I feel new epicness already), Kiseijuu (MADHOUSE + HanaKana, can't say no), Trinity Seven and World Trigger (arrogant char HanaKana, much love).

I will probably just gonna follow around 20 series again eventually but these are the first picks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I will be looking forward to "Trinity Seven"
    Arata is the best Harem protagonist .

Years
    Well I was hyped for Terra Formars, but with the censoring in the first episode it looks worse compared to the Tokyo Ghoul censoring. I've heard that it's pretty gore-ish so I might as well read the manga and wait for the BDs.

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works looks interesting. I haven't watched the Fate/Zero or played the VNs so I'm pretty hyped. I've also heard great things about Fate/Zero and the studio ufotable so I expect a great and interesting series.

I've read a little from the Trinity Seven and Seven Deadly Sins mangas. They seem interesting and the Trinity Seven MC is really ballsy for a MC in a harem.

I hope they don't destroy Psycho Pass 2, not really hyped. Don't want to get disappointed.

Log Horizon 2 is database.

I'm kinda hyped for Hitsugi no Chaika season 2. For anyone interested the author of the LN has said that this season will conclude the series. But he has decided to take a different route in the ending compared to the LN.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis looks good. Not expecting that much. I hope it's at least entertaining. The same I can say about parasyte/Kiseijuu, don't know too much about the plot.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I'm interested in:

• Gundam: G no Reconguista. I'm a die-hard Gundam fan. I've waiting for this since Gundam 00.
    • Selector Spread WIXOSS.I hated the first season but my mind won't allow me to avoid watching the second season... sadly.
    • Log Horizon 2nd Season. This was a great show, but I'm afraid that STUDIO DEEN picked up the project for the second season, instead of satelight. Let's see how it develops.
    • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV). WHAT ELSE CAN BE SAID, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
    • World Trigger. Seems interesting.
    • Trinity Seven. Same that above.
    • Gundam Build Fighters Try. Love first season, expecting an exciting continuation.
    • Psycho-Pass 2. Although I'm not so sure about a sequel, I completely loved the series, I'm sooooo in for this.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    ...Eh, after looking through the list multiple times... yeah, probably only Database season 2 and Urobutcher's work season 2 will be on my list this season...

And the latter is still unknown, since I have yet to complete Psycho Pass.

I know this will change by the time fall starts, like how my list ended up expanding from 8 to 12 series the previous season.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    A slightly more serious answer. Lots of things. I'll probably try most things but here is my early ptw list.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Definitely watching:
    - Selector Spread WIXOSS
    - Log Horizon 2
    - Psycho Pass 2
    - Sanzoku no Musume Ronja

Apparently I put these on my ptw list on MAL but I might go through them again:
    - Amagi Brilliant Park
    - Akatsuki no Yona
    - Denki-gai no Honya-san
    - Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
    - Nanatsu no Taizai
    - Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
    - Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
    - World Trigger

I honestly don't remember what half of these are about but they're on my anime list haha. It'll probably end up like every other season where I watch only a handful, drop maybe 2, and leave the rest to rot on my PTW list.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    What about Mushi-shi S3?
    There should be a lot more hype around that.

In other words, UBW and LH2. Otherwise it'll mostly be just waiting for the winter.

I will be looking forward to "Trinity Seven"
    Arata is the best Harem protagonist .

Oh man, it's been years since I read that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    This fall im definitely watching:
    *Log Horizon Season 2
    *Selector Spread WIXOSS
    *Sanzoku no Musume Ronja
    *Denki-gai no Honya-san
    *World Trigger
    *Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
    *Akatsuki no Yona
    Grisaia no Kajitsu
    Orenchi no Furo Jijou (I don't know why im watching this, but meh)
    Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Are (That's what the year 300 looks like?)

Eh. I have a little more faith in the fall season rather than this past Summer season of Anime. I'm quite excited about Log Horizon 2. We'll see how this turns out. XD

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
    Definitely watching
    • Psycho Pass 2
    • Log Horizon 2
    • Kiseijuu
    • Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji

As for the others, nothing really stands out to me but does look interesting~
    • Amagi Brilliant Park: Comedy, School, Romance, Harem
    • Girlfriend (Kari): School, Romance
    • Grisaia no Kajitsu: School
    • Gugure! Kokkuri-san: Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
    • Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School, Shounen, Supernatural
    • Madan no Ou to Vanadis: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Ecchi, Harem
    • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso: Drama, Music, Romance, School, Shounen
    • Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis: Shounen: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural
    • Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Mahoutsukai: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Magic, Romance
    • Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete: Romance, Harem, Supernatural, School &
    • World Trigger: Action, School, Sci-fi

Quite a solid plan for this season~ Something to keep me busy through out Autumn~
    Also seems its quite a few looking a the list~ ._. https://anichart.net/fall
    Well that's my plan~

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    A tentative list for now. Tribe Cool Crew for best anime of this season by the way.

Planning to watch:

- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - YES. I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD. LET'S GO.

- Amagi Brilliant Park - Read some summaries of the first volume, seems interesting enough. Although, there are a few things that are indicating that the anime is going to be changing events and such. (tbh, only watching this for Izuzu).

- Madan no Ou to Vanadis - I'm up to date with the light novels, so I'm intrigued on how it's going to be animated. I'm already preferring the anime designs as opposed to the light novel art (heck, manga art is even better than the light novel art). I've been reading that this is going to be one cour, which worries me if they're showing all seven Vanadis. Since that would mean we're in for a shoddy adaptation. Doesn't help that apparently from the preview screening for the first episode, was showing that half of volume one was adapted (they also cut some fanservice scenes apparently LOL).

- Gundam: G no Reconguista
    - I'M READY FOR EUREKA SEVEN 2.0.

- Cross Ange - Looks interesting. Reading the synopsis reminds me of Break Blade.

- Log Horizon 2
    - DATABASE. YES.

- Trinity Seven - I've read the manga, and I still don't know what the hell is going on. But hey, at least the main character is decent.

Contemplating:

- Akatsuki no Yona
    - I'm sorta intrigued.

- Inou- whatever the heck, that real life chunni battle thing
    - I need something light on the side.

- Sora no Method
    - moe.

- Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
    - Sounds interesting?

- Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - The description of this sounds so ridiculous, that I have to at least watch the first episode.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    I'm super hyped for log horizon season 2, it's the main reason i have a crunchyroll account so I can watch it on simulcast. I'm not too interested in the rest of the releases this season but may check out psycho pass 2 if I enjoy the first one (it's on my to watch list).

Back