• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Falling Again~

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Okay, so this is a revival of an old thread I did, but it was just slightly confused. This time I'll clarify!

Say you were falling from an impressively high point, so high that when you hit the ground it would be the death of you. Now, would you rather be facing down, watching your cemented death come at you, or facing up and just enjoying the ride, never knowing when it would end?

That is, would you rather live your life knowing exactly when you would die, or never know until the end, and be able to enjoy life as it lasted?
    Why?

(To clarify again, the whole falling sceanario is figurative.)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Facedown. Cause I don't want to stare at the sky falling away from me. Sure, I might be terrified to the point where I'll have a tail of pee behind me, but it'll be quick. And I'd love to go out with a vision of the world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Face up, I honestly hate heights they scare me, falling facedown would send me into a panic and just make what was happening much worse.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I'd relax if I was facing up because I wouldn't be living in fear of the moment. When it happened, it'd happen. I'd constantly know that it's going to happen and I'd be prepared for it, but I wouldn't focus that much on it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2013
    Face down. Facing towards the sky would only make my last moments filled with even more terror and anticipation.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • face down. i think i would be scared looking at the sky the entire time and not seeing what's behind me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    It seems like people are missing this part:
    (To clarify again, the whole falling sceanario is figurative.)
    Anyway. I guess I would rather know, but I wouldn't tell anyone. It would ruin the time left, to have people mourning before I'm even dead haha.
    I would just, well, live. I'm not afraid of dying, so it wouldn't be bothersome to know. I would have to be slow about planning stuff, though, otherwise people would assume that I'd be planning to off myself.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I would want it to happen without me expecting it to, so I would rather face the sky. Besides, I think that's a beautiful last sight and having my arms outstretched seems a lot more graceful if I was falling backwards than forwards.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Falling Again~

face to the blue sky to be the last thing i see

Sirfetch’d

I would like to fall face up as I don't want to live life in fear knowing what is killing me. When it happens it happens I guess! I'd rather be surprised/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Generally, I don't want to know when I die, but I think if I were falling to my death, it's not like it's going to be a big surprise when I de so I'd rather know the exact moment so I can sort of brace myself for it (mentally).

So like, I don't want to know if I'm going to die of cancer in 34 years, 8 months, 10 days and 4 hours but if I'm already at the point of my death--I know it's coming and there's literally nothing I can do in the next few seconds to avoid it--I don't want it to be a surprise, if that makes any sense.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I'd prefer to die facing the sky. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise, as I'd know that death was certain anyway.

I guess I'd just want something beautiful to be my last sight.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Just look up.

Well, what else can you really do? You're already about to die, might as well take a look at the vast skies before you perish. Also heights freak the stuff out of me o_o

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Honestly, I'd have my eyes closed either freakin' way, so it would barely matter. <___<

I guess I'd wanna be facing upwards, though.

Falling would suck either way, and either way I'm gonna die in seconds. Whether I'm facing up or down doesn't particularly matter to me.

For life in general, I'd rather not know when I'm going to die. I'd like to live my life the best I can, and I have things that I wanna live for and do. So I don't care to know how close to death I am, whether it's days or years. If someone told me that they could tell me when I would die, I would pass up their offer.

Back