• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Faltzer.Fa.Funpic.Org

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    https://faltzer.fa.funpic.org

Presenting my personal website, containing fun, original, and mostly non personal stuff maybe. Well, feel free to browse it. Yes, I know what you're going to say, the free stuff category is not yet finished, so stay tuned for that now. ;)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Very very unapealing. The dark gray is not very flattering witht he yellow. The 'banner' if you can call it that is really ugly. Also the links don't seem to work. And that ad's are annoying, and a floating layout? Ugh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    It isn't a floating layout, if that's how you put it. The banner was nothing more than just something to make it less plain. And I'm currently trying to reactivate my photoshop so I can make a much better one. I'll change the BG soon, and the links work fine, unless you mean the "free" category, which I'm not concentrated in yet.

Wow, and the ads part is coming out of somebody who couldn't search for a way to close it. Clearly, you're seeing an "X" to close it.

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    The layout needs work. but that's about it

and thomas, the ads are closable you click that 'x' and it's gone. he cant do anything about it. there isn't a way to get rid of them yet anyways.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    It doesn't look to good, but keep trying to make new layouts :) You'll get better eventually. Like said before the dark gray doesn't fit with the yellow ;x Change that and it'll look alot better :)

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Okay, let's see what you've got.

Contact Form: I don't see a form...

FAQ: Nothing interesting, although obviously one doesn't expect much from an FAQ page. (As a matter of fact, the No-you-can't-be-twelve question is getting a bit old. It makes sense for sites like Valley of Nightmares that actually look so breathtaking you do have a hard time believing the webmasters can be twelve, but when every single site owned by a twelve-year-old out there starts doing it even when nothing would cause one to be increduled at the webmaster's age, it's just getting annoying.)

Link-2-Me: The link buttons don't work.

About Faltzer: You misspelled "die" as "dye". Fix that, dear. Actually, this bit sounds very familiar:

If I were to dye, I would never want to feel the pain of death. If not, I would rather dye while I'm constantly not feeling it, such as in my sleep.

The Faltzer Suite: Again, nothing particularly interesting.

Affiliates: Nothing interesting either - although you could really be a lot less vague about exactly what you're looking for in an affiliate. "Contents" doesn't say much.

Free stuff: Not yet there, as you said.

Super Sleuth: Uh... your source code isn't encrypted. o_O; And speaking of your source code, why the heck are those <li>s not inside an <ul> and just why are they all nested within one another?

Don't Click Here: ...What's that sound? I think it's my site getting severely ripped off. And the marquee is just a couple of sentences, aside from being rather nonsensical. o_O "This text is gonna blink"? I'm "missing" a block of text? Wha?

Text Your Reflex's: It's "reflexes" (you really have an annoying tendency to put apostrophes in plurals), the includes are giving errors, and you can't play the game because there is no Start button.

Free Web Layouts: The TCoD. Right. As in The The Cave of Dragonflies. I think there's an extra "The" in there. The Psychic Magician layout isn't even there, and the blank layout has a funpic.org ad code in the middle of the code... You also put an extra semicolon after one CSS definition, and when you use multiple CSS selectors, they must all stand on their own - i.e. #leftmenu li, #rightmenu li, not #leftmenu, #rightmenu li. Speaking of <li>s, the ones there aren't inside <ul>s either.

Site Tips: I don't see any tips. o_O

Site Annoyances: My name is Dragonfree, not DragonFree. When you credit someone, get their name right. Also, you're not making any sense there. "Dynamic drive comma"? And isn't it a little ironic to offer free layouts and put in a "Site Annoyances" section that people shouldn't use them?

SSI and PHP: This page is giving me the impression you don't know what you're talking about... PHP has more than 5000 "strings"? Dear, strings are strings of words that the programmer makes. PHP doesn't "have" any strings. I think you're confusing it with functions or something. Copying information on SSI from MSDN is pretty lame, especially since MSDN's documentation is awfully technical and beginners (the people who would be reading that page) have no clue what any of it means. You also refer to SSI as a language, which it is not.

QueryString URL's: "And I'm like "What's the big deal with updating one page and showing it on all pages?"." Eh? You know what's the big deal about that. That's what SSI does too. PHP includes don't give you querystring URLs if you use them like SSI, and "most people on the Internet" don't think querystring URLs look cooker. "If you're not lazy enough to update your page's contents, then you're not lazy enough to add the include syntax to your pages." - that does NOT make sense, deary. You completely forget to tell people what to do with that mod_rewrite code (put it in a .htaccess file), and you might want to note that mod_rewrite needs a special IIS mod to be usable on IIS. (You also forgot to tell people what to do if their files are in the root directory.)

Lastly, never center ordinary text on your website, the font looks awful, and your spelling and grammar is awful in a lot of cases as well...

Generally, the site looks very amateurish and unfinished.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Super Sleuth: Uh... your source code isn't encrypted. o_O; And speaking of your source code, why the heck are those <li>s not inside an <ul> and just why are they all nested within one another?
    It's a really long story why I'm not using a <ul>. It should be encrypted from what I'm seeing.

About Faltzer: You misspelled "die" as "dye". Fix that, dear. Actually, this bit sounds very familiar:

If I were to dye, I would never want to feel the pain of death. If not, I would rather dye while I'm constantly not feeling it, such as in my sleep.
    You don't own that quote, but thank you for the spell check. ^^

Don't Click Here: ...What's that sound? I think it's my site getting severely ripped off. And the marquee is just a couple of sentences, aside from being rather nonsensical. o_O "This text is gonna blink"? I'm "missing" a block of text? Wha?
    O_o And where in the world did you get that joke from? And because I'm using TMOD, it doesn't mean I'm severely ripping off your site, because other websites use TMOD. You didn't invent TMOD.

QueryString URL: "And I'm like "What's the big deal with updating one page and showing it on all pages?"." Eh? You know what's the big deal about that. That's what SSI does too. PHP includes don't give you query string URLs if you use them like SSI, and "most people on the Internet" don't think query string URLs look cooker. "If you're not lazy enough to update your page's contents, then you're not lazy enough to add the include syntax to your pages." - that does NOT make sense, deary. You completely forget to tell people what to do with that mod_rewrite code (put it in a .htaccess file), and you might want to note that mod_rewrite needs a special IIS mod to be usable on IIS. (You also forgot to tell people what to do if their files are in the root directory.)

I'm not really supporting IIS though, since I see allot of websites run on Apache HTTP Web Server. I've already got the rewriterule for those people who don't like to use directories and prefer to use the root. I also have the code for people who also love to use directories.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    And because I'm using TMOD, it doesn't mean I'm severely ripping off your site, because other websites use TMOD. You didn't invent TMOD.
    Uh, yes, I did. -_-; And when you rip off the NAME of the marquee as well, it's just blatant plagiarism. There is only one "The" Marquee of Doom, and that's mine. Use a marquee as a "Don't click here" if you want; I don't particularly care if its content is original, especially since mine isn't even a scrolling marquee anymore, but you have no right to steal the name of my marquee.

It should be encrypted from what I'm seeing.
    Well, it's not. Go to View Source and look for yourself...

Savage X

dclxvi
    Years
    Nice Dragonfree, you're good. My turn:

In general:

Yuck, why would they ever think of putting "This document was last modified at....." can you remove that?

The domain name is a turn off. If you can't by a real one at least get a .co.nr one so it look a little better. Right now it looks like some kind of a virus.

The skin is, well, boring. Customize it to yourself. You'd never tell what the site is about by just looking at it how it is now.

Home Page: Be more official. Use a space after the colon in the date. And use correct grammar and spelling....that goes for the whole site.

Contact Form: As she said, there is no form. Actually, there isn't even an e-mail address provided.

Link-2-Me: As Dragonfree said, the images are not showing up.

FAQ: Pointless. And unless I'm blind, it's not in the nav bar.

About Faltzer: Remove your real name :)

The Faltzer Suite: ....You'd never think it's a link page.

Affiliates: Nada! You should also add more info on what you're looking for. Again, no e-mail? The contact form doesn't have one.

Free Stuff: Not there as you both said.

Super Sleuth: Again, a name to throw you off. And why link to the contact page every time if there isn't even an e-mail?

Don't Click Here!: Yeah man, that's not cool to copy here "The Marquee of Doom"

Text Your Reflex's: Exactly what Dragonfree said. Where did everything else go?

Free Layouts: Where did the Psychic Magician Layout one go? And saying the "except TCoD" really makes no sense if someone doesn't know what it is. If you have to refer to it, at least link to it.

Website Tips: No tips.

Site Annoyances: Yeah, wow, I would not like it if you couldn't get the name right.... And you shouldn't really talk about beginner sites like that...as yours pretty much is.

SSI and PHP: Umm...yeah, just what Dragonfree said. I'm not an expert, but you should be more of one before you write about it.

Query String URL's: No apostrophe needed. Again, I'm no expert but what you're saying doesn't matter that much. Because obviously big sites have the URL "you don't like" and do fine. And if I'm not mistaken, don't you too?

Okay, well that was a bit pointless since Dragonfree did it. But it was still occuping.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Erm... Just wondering but where'd you think of the Free Favicons from? I'm not saying your unoriginal or anything but I'm assuming you got that page off my site.

Savage X said:
    The domain name is a turn off. If you can't by a real one at least get a .co.nr one so it look a little better. Right now it looks like some kind of a virus.
    It's not possible to use a domain name with that host. Besides, I find www.freewebs.com/username look 3 times as annoying. I don't see many people complaining about them.

Back