• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Family roles in B/W

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    Here's a nice idea:

Your dad stays at home, and saves you money (but actually buys you useful items like stones once you've reached a certain point), while your mother is a distant wandering trainer that you battle a couple times, besides playing some roles in the plot. However, just before you beat the elite four, she is in the same position as you (about to enter the elite four) and battles you. In beating her, she returns home to train in the backyard or be around town, and you can battle her once every day. And a random number generator decides when she leaves the town occasionally and be in a random place or town, where if you find her, she'll give you a really neat useful rare idem.
    (c) Weatherman, Kiyoshi and Doubleglalzingcomics

NOW THAT'S A REFRESHING FREAKING IDEA.

But yeah, I hope they put in a dad this time. X3

A mother rival?:surprised:
    If the rumors about R/S/E remakes are real, then yes, they could.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Family roles in B/W

Looks like we have a mother playing the stay-at-home role. :(

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The mum looks like his sister....... She doesn't really look mother like. She must have been pregnant at like 14.

The random old man gym leader in black (instead of Iris in White) Might be like your grandpa or something. Because I dont know why they would have a major character as the final gym leader in one game (Iris) and some random old man in another game, so he must be like a family member of one of the main characters.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well, I think the mom is great. Then again, my mom is only 15 years older than me so a young mom is normal to me :X

But she does look a lot like the girl character. Maybe if you pick girl, you'll have a dad that looks like the male character? :O

And also, what if Barry was Belle's dad? And Red/Leaf were player's parents? (That would explain why daddy's always gone XD )

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Pfft, I've seen plenty of Moms that look young. My mom looks young for her age, and she's in her late 40's. Some guy at the airport thought we were sisters once. xD

Anyway, it's kind of sad that the Mom won't be doing any cool or exciting things, but maybe she secretly does and no one knows yet. o3o

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well think of it this way. If you were a mom you would want to look young; the same could go for her. She could be older than she seems, but look just fine.

To me, she seems like a gentle mother. I would have liked to have a father in the game for a change but this doesn't mean we won't have a chance to have a brother or sister. Perhaps if they would mention the father or even make him have a little appearance in the game would be a bit better in enhancement for the family roles.

Though since we are going to have a mom in the game once again, I hope her role enhances for a change. Maybe she could have been a champion of some pokémon event in the past with a show of trophies. Anything related to her having at least a little bit of an important role will be fine.

The Red Chain

Well think of it this way. If you were a mom you would want to look young; the same could go for her. She could be older than she seems, but look just fine.

Though since we are going to have a mom in the game once again, I hope her role enhances for a change. Maybe she could have been a champion of some pokémon event in the past with a show of trophies. Anything related to her having at least a little bit of an important role will be fine.

Not to mention Asian women always look so youthful, even at 40 years old. Her looks could be partially due to that as well since most of them take such good care of themselves.

We had that mom in DPPt who was like the master of contests, but in a way that role wasn't very significant since contests were never really that popular ; especially not in DPPt. I'd like the new mom to be the old champion of the Elite 4 or something from years ago.. but it seems we're stuck with the same old mom as usual. ]:

Back