• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famous quotes/speeches.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Don't ask what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. <3
    -Kennedy

Just an awsome quote that really speaks volumes about how so many people want to suck as much as possible out of the system, but never want to put anything into it. Look at un employment. There not paying income tax, and there getting federal cash.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Don't ask what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. <3
    -Kennedy

Just an awsome quote that really speaks volumes about how so many people want to suck as much as possible out of the system, but never want to put anything into it. Look at un employment. There not paying income tax, and there getting federal cash.

Kennedy was a cool guy, and that quote is awesome, it's really patriotic.

Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!
    - Karl Marx

It's an important quote, and anyone who's being treated like rubbish at work whilst your manager slacks off will understand it.

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
    Years
    It's an important quote, and anyone who's being treated like rubbish at work whilst your manager slacks off will understand it.

Too bad the communist revolution sucked.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Yeah it came from the Bible, but it's true. What man has saved a year in his life by worrying and stressing about the tomorrow that WILL come? You don't see birds going "OMGOMGOMGOMG WINTER IS COMING WHAT DO I DOOOOO"

They just do.

I read this when I'm stressed. It usually helps be calm down and take things into perspective.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
    - Margret Thatcher

I think this quote says a lot about how we should persue our dreams and that some things are really worth fighting for more than once.

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
    Years
    - Margret Thatcher

I think this quote says a lot about how we should persue our dreams and that some things are really worth fighting for more than once.

When I hear this, it makes my heart drop a bit. I've never per se 'failed' at anything so hard I've lost the will to try it again...nor have I ever felt so strongly about a topic that I felt like doing it over again after I didn't do so good....

Maybe I lack the passion....
    Or am thinking too deeply.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Okay, here are some quotes from Ronald Reagan, my second favorite president.

A people free to choose will always choose peace.
    -Ronald Reagan

Exactly, at heart most people make the right choices, we don't need the government to chose for us.

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources.
    -Ronald Reagan

I 100% agree with this. Why are all the global warming activist want to further cripple the economy with tougher emission standers? Like cap, and trade. All those golbal warmist want to go green, when "going green" creats more air polution. It is all a hoax for politicians to further in crease the government, and control our lives.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    "I like being famous. I get to travel to oversea places like Canada."

My all time favorite quote from the genius in my icon.

Ayselipera

Now I can post all my favorite Civil War speeches and quotes. :D

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall, but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other." - Abraham Lincoln

I just love the Civil War and I love this quote. I think it's a good quote because it can be used to teach us that you can't always keep both sides of a party happy. In truth you're really just ignoring the problem by doing so. If there is a big enough problem at hand then eventually both sides will fight until it all ends up being one way.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    All of Winston Churchill's "Finest Hour" speech. He was probably my favorite world leader of all time.

JFK said:
    Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.
    JFK was a p cool guy.

Vladimir Lenin said:
    A lie told often enough, becomes the truth.
    Lenin was p cool too, but communism was dumb.

George W. Bush said:
    Nu-cu-lear
    lol

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    "Strong Pokemon, weak Pokemon, that is only the selfish perception of things. Truly skilled trainers win using their favorites."
    -Karen

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything. - Paris Hilton[/jq]

Zet

Years
    [jq]Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt[/jq]

This is one of my favorite quotes ever in history.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]I can't believe I'm saying this - don't have sex. - Lady Gaga[/jq]

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Someone might've said it before, but maybe not. I cbf checking. Anyway, this is a pretty famous quote and it's one I really do believe to be true, however I suck at sticking by its words.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
    - Mother Teresa

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]It's Britney bit--censored - Britney Spears[/jq]
    The entire quote without that word being censored is much more inspirational.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    "Four score and seven years ago...
    ...on this earth."​

-Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, guess who's learning the Gettysburg Address right now? Shortest. Speech. Ever. Especially compared to the long one given before this speech.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [jq]Political sh--censored storm - Kevin Rudd[/jq]
    When politicians swear, they associate with us better.

Back