• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fandoms your friends are in, but you're not

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What are some of the fandoms your friends are in, but you aren't?

I play a lot of male ensemble games and in that community, a lot of people play Twisted Wonderland, Promise of Wizard and Touken Ranbu. I personally do not touch those games, and have no intention to.

I'm also (one foot in) the Love Live! community, and a lot of people in that fandom play Idolmaster, I don't.

Also a lot of my friends play and enjoy the Fire Emblem franchise. I don't touch it. Also see a lot of people in the fate/grand order/granblu fantasy community.

I have a few friends in the German side of things who really like the show Lucifer, but I've never touched it. I also have a lot of people that are in the male ensemble games community that are heavily in the Detective Conan fandom. I'm also not in that one.

Also, Identity Five is a big one that a majority of the fandoms I'm in also is into. I don't play that one.

Let's see, what else: kpop? Feel like 90% of the people I talk to are into Kpop, but I stay away from that fanbase out of complete fear.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Every time I open Twitter, I'm assaulted with FFXIV screenshots from my friends. I'm never touching it, I barely have time as it is to get sucked into a sink.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Due to having a fondness for small fandoms, that happened to me a lot when I still frequented social media. Right now, a lot of my friends in my current circle are into LotR but I just... can't get into it. Some of them also play gacha games of all kinds, which don't really appeal to me either.

For privacy reasons, and to avoid reviving some unpleasant memories, I won't go into further detail. There is one funny anecdote I want to share though. One of my (now former) friends would bombard all my feeds with a certain CW show based on a DC comic and would harangue others to get into it. Me? I didn't even touch a single clip from that show until I found out one of my favourite actors was in it, long after I cut ties with this person. Oops?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    A lot of my friends are very into k-dramas but I haven't watched any properly yet to say whether I'd like them. I enjoy K-Pop but not as much as a lot of my friends who are super into specific groups.

A lot of my friends also love Marvel and I've watched a few movies but nowhere near the extent any of them love Marvel. I'm hoping to watch more of the movies though, at some point. :P

Years
    Genshin Impact is the biggest one. I dislike it, as a matter of fact. I won't bring people down about it though.

Years
    K-Pop, K-Dramas, anime, Genshin Impact, & Valorant being the most major things. Can never get into them.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The Soulsborne community and the superhero communities are definitely things I'm not into. I'm not into K-Pop, either. But I also don't know anyone who is.

Years
    My friends like Harry Potter but I never read any of the books. Honestly I'm not all that interested- I'm not a big reader. Whenever they start talking about it, I always get confused. They also like to guess which house I'd be in, but I don't really know (nor do I care) what that means.

justletmedownloadthings

i once got a set of "pukey-mon" cards at the age o
    Years
    i'm straight up not in any fandoms because i'm a super asocial hermit, i intentionally live under a rock, and i only play the same like 4 video games and then occasionally fixate on a new thing for a week or two. every piece of media i get sucked into i'll just engage with and draw for myself because it's all stuff that straight up has no fandom anyway, and even if it did i usually only get into one character anyway as opposed to the media as a whole. but i digress.
    let's see... my friends are into FNAF, genshin impact... TF2... and i know a lot of people into rhythm games. i don't entirely 'get' fandoms still but i appreciate that people have things that make them happy.

Back