• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Chibi Pika's story is also OT and is pretty interesting... it's here in PC and on SPPF as well. I'm not sure if it's on FFNet.
    It is, along with most of her other stuff.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I'd probably just end up not reading that soap opera, especially if it's a narrative. 俺様が?*るぜ、リリィ。 Ore-sama ga kotowaru ze, Ririi (Count me out, Lily).

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    You should have weird angles Lileh. Like in the actual soap operas where they characters face walls to talk when talking to someone else. That'd be fun. =D

You might see me here more by the way. I think I'm gonna be banned at SPPf. XD I gave myself away that I swear evade there. I thought it was for my fic and it might of been for my other post and I'm not sure if swear evading counts in fics but I told him and and and and yeah. ^^;

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I think you can swear evade at sppf, pertaining fanfiction~ I mean, so as long as you don't intentionally assault anyone...xD not sure.

Do you all have a set standard for reviewing? Like, I know frosty uses his..er..'method,' but I know little else..I want to learn how to review properly; I get the feeling mine are a bit too redundant. x_x;

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Neither am I. But I asked if it was for my one post or my fic and um... yeah. XD

I tried to set a standard for reviewing when I use to review. I made sure that I mentioned this and that and yada yada yada like that. It just made things more organized for me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well... to learn reviewing? A lot of it comes from experience, and school english classes on how to notice these kinds of stuff. I doubt that it's something a written guide can really explain... it's all about questioning yourself. "Why does the author choose this title? Have I seen this title elsewhere? Does it use words that frequently show up as titles in other fanfics? What can it possibly mean? Can I guess something about the plot just looking at the title? Can I think of another story that can use this title?" You check all of those stuff before you even read the fanfic. Afterward, go back to the title, and then check if the title fits the plot and etc...

It's... hard to explain. I kind of have a method, but hard to explain how I get some of those stuff =/

By the way, I checked with Lighty if censor-bypass using *s is acceptable within fanfics in PC. She replies that as long as it's used rarely, necessary and contributes to the story, it is acceptable. ^^; So, Breezy you're safe here at least XD;

Quackerdrill

quiet, huh?
    Years
    *sneaks in and looks around*

Hm. Looks friendly and inviting. I think I'll set up camp here for a bit...

A set reviewing method? I used to have one. It wasn't too fun, though, to regulate my post like that to make sure I included EVERYTHING. Now I just kinda read and do. Man, that makes me remember how serious I used to treat the fic business- printing out other member's stories, etc... bleh. I like the calmer and lazier alternative. XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Quackerdrill said:
    *sneaks in and looks around*

Hm. Looks friendly and inviting. I think I'll set up camp here for a bit...

A set reviewing method? I used to have one. It wasn't too fun, though, to regulate my post like that to make sure I included EVERYTHING. Now I just kinda read and do. Man, that makes me remember how serious I used to treat the fic business- printing out other member's stories, etc... bleh. I like the calmer and lazier alternative. XD

LOL. Frostweaver and I were talking about that over MSN...did you know he sometimes does that, as well? ^_~ But anyway, if it's for serious reviewing, that wouldn't be too bad.

Hmm...for a while I tried to go under a set standard, but evidently that doesn't work. How much more experience do I need? 3 years? 6 years? 249838742983 years? ;;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    See I was very fortunate that my summer school teacher is really good, and basically she taught me how to analysis a story =3

It's not based on time I think... cause it's really hard to figure it out yourself. If you run into a good english teacher in school, you'll almost instantly learn it in those english classes.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Majority of what I learned is...self taught, basically. It's so much easier to pile through books/fanfictions and learn grammar lessons from other authors/fanfic writers, as weird as that may sound. xD

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Eh, I tend to go with spelling/grammar errors myself, and then wrap up with a general summary of what I thought of the big picture--plot, characterization, overall quality, etc. Suggestions for improvement, stuff I liked, etc. Usually makes my posts look like a bunch of fragmented, quote-riddled things until you get down to the hyooge paragraphs down at the bottom. Yup.

New chapter of Clouded Sky finally up, fwee.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Since we're on the topic of reviewers, say isn't it tempting if we're allow to poke at pointless reviews as well as comment on stories? >>; There are some stories that clearly needs a lot of work, yet "OMG BEST STORIES EVER I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER LIKE OMGOMGOMG" clogs those stories... It really doesn't help the writer in anyway like that.

In the past when Lily and Niko are both mods, they kind of fixed the problem but it's coming back again o.O;

*gets out anti-bad-review stick and whacks people*

EDIT:

-Frosty's Mini-Series of Unfortunate Events-

So I was using my scrap paper to try to print out Act's story so I can read it in History class (I sleep in class anyway cause it's that boring) but then Act killed my printer just now and it has ceased to move or spit out its precious black ink. Therefore, another delay in fanfic reviewing (and now I need to use a lot of money for printer ink again.)

=(

Sorry, Act, you'll have to wait again XD;

Last edited:

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    Me + electronics = bad stuff.

Heh, no problem. I might be the least punctual reviewer myself, so it wouldn't be too good if I complained about someone else taking a long time.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Thank you for those who answered the question. ^^;

And out of curiosity...Frosty, precisely how many stories have you printed out so far?

o_O

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    0 because there's still no ink in the printer o_O;;

Plus, must study for tests and quizzes coming up too =/ That's why I didn't get on MSN these 2 days too... And then today the chem teacher swore and scolded at Frosty too, so better do well and study extra hard on the upcoming chem test next week too ^^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Hm..this might be kinda off topic but

I've been thinking about writing a contestshipping fic with the storyline (sort of) of the Butterfly Lovers. I'd obviously have to twist the story a LOT to make the characters not OOC and everything..

Would anyone be interested in reading that? heh heh..

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I don't think I'ver ever read a story of Butterfree lovers, so yes, I'd certainly be interested. Depends on how you write it, though, but give it a try! ^^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    It's this traditional Chinese story (Opera) that my parents used to tell me. The story has also been turned into a musical composition by this Chinese guy, but I'm not sure who.

But the overall story probably isn't going to be anything alike except for maybe the ending. -_-"

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Oh I know what you're talking about... hehe. Yay fellow old people XD;

Butterfree + Beautifly shipping =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back